Hi everybody... I have what I think is a quick question for those of you who have purchased 83xx housing kits from CNN.cn.

Earlier today, I purchased a complete housing. What I'm wondering, is if on the midplate and on the battery door there is the foam pieces that make the battery door fit "snugly".

The foam I'm referring to is on the OEM midplate, surrounding the speaker and camera assembly.

On the OEM battery door, there is a rectangle of foam that appears to help keep the battery in place.

If you've ordered from CNN.cn, did your housing kit or midplate have this foam? If not, what did you personally do to ensure a good fit?

I did search, but maybe my search-fu skills were weak, all I found was in regards to the foam gasket that fits around the front screen dust cover.

Thanks in advance...

P.S. This is for an 8330. I have a Storm, but just for the sake of curiosity/frustration, I want to go back to my Curve for a bit.
    05-14-10 03:43 PM
    I hate to bump a thread, but I would really appreciate a reply from someone who has ordered one of the "OEM" full housings from CNN.cn.

Thanks...
    05-17-10 08:53 AM
    I had ordered several items from Cnn.cn and they all come with full package,I haven't order any OEM yet,but can't you just email them and ask them the same question?since u already bought the item,most probably they will answer ur question.
    Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 08:26 AM
    i ordered an oem housing from ebay, umm no foam on back door......and the trackball and menu button are a bit loose think i need to add a couple turns to the screw though so that could be the issue , but yea no foam on the one i ordered.
    05-19-10 11:03 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I did wind up emailing the company, and they did confirm that their "OEM" and I put that in quotes as I am skeptical that it is true OEM parts, does not have the foam parts.

Personally, the foam pieces annoy me on my Curve, as the foam flakes off and looks poor (even though I don't see it often, it irritates me).

Braxton_bb, how do you find the fit of the battery door without the foam pieces? Does it still fit snugly?

Thanks for the replies so far, I appreciate them.

I'll post up some before and after pictures when the parts I ordered come in.
    05-20-10 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD