HEy what's up guys I just swapped out my blackberry tour housing yesterday and I have to say it was a pretty easy process. I made a couple of videos to teach other people how to swap housing even including the flash and speakerphone swaps because searching throughout the forum I haven't seen a single mention of how to do it. Overall process was about 6/10 on the difficulty level and takes about 20 minutes to do give or take. Here's also a couple of pictures as well and I will also post up youtube video links on how to do it.

<== Part 1 of 3

<== Part 2 of 3

<== Part 3 of 3

Here's also a couple of pictures in case you guys have any questions.

And your final result should look like this once everything has been screwed on

Last edited by epictechtips; 05-14-10 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Adding Pictures
    05-14-10 09:10 AM

Last edited by epictechtips; 05-14-10 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Adding images
    05-14-10 09:11 AM
    Maybe you could sign up with a website like [PHOTOBUCKET] and post the pictures through the URLs for everyone to view?
    05-14-10 10:16 AM
    For those of you guys who are curious I did get my housing from eBay and everything is working fine. All buttons work great and trackball works fine as well. Furthermore, I don't have any fitment issues as my housing did seem to fit perfectly.
    05-14-10 01:25 PM
    Maybe you could sign up with a website like [PHOTOBUCKET] and post the pictures through the URLs for everyone to view?
    Thanks for the tip. now that I did that hopefully they won't ban me for using up too much bandwidth if i got a ton of views.
    05-14-10 01:25 PM
    This voids the warranty thought right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 02:01 PM
    This voids the warranty thought right?
    Sure does...

Thanks for the tip. now that I did that hopefully they won't ban me for using up too much bandwidth if i got a ton of views.
    No problem. Doesn't really matter if photobucket kicks you out of the system... Youtube won't and those videos are great! Thanks for the very detailed and thorough walk-through!!!!
    Last edited by d5115r; 05-14-10 at 02:25 PM.
    05-14-10 02:23 PM
    would this void insurance also lol.. i think my warranty is up in june but i still i have insurance
    05-14-10 03:29 PM
    This is awesome! I may get a housing and do this myself! Very detailed! One question though, is there any way to replace the black backplate above the battery door?

05-14-10 04:28 PM
    any case modification will void warrantee and insurance unless you can get that sticker back on perfectly over that 1 screw, and not break the top piece when you take off the top
    05-14-10 04:28 PM
    This is awesome! I may get a housing and do this myself! Very detailed! One question though, is there any way to replace the black backplate above the battery door?

it's made onto the piece that contains the chip and motherboard, etc... so doubt it :-/
    05-14-10 04:29 PM
    i have got a question about my tour but dont know how to start a new thread. my tour just quit working. i called vzm and they said they would send me a warranty replacement phone. my question is will my warranty be voided if they find out i downloaded leak 5.0.643 ? please respond to easy my worry.
    05-14-10 04:52 PM
    The instructions are really nice. But the Tour in its own form is sexy. Black and Ghrome, gotta love it.
    05-14-10 06:20 PM
    i have got a question about my tour but dont know how to start a new thread. my tour just quit working. i called vzm and they said they would send me a warranty replacement phone. my question is will my warranty be voided if they find out i downloaded leak 5.0.643 ? please respond to easy my worry.
    Well there's an official 5.0 software released for the tour so I don't know why'd you wanna download the unofficial OS. Anyways, if they already sent you a replacement phone I dont think your warranty has been voided.
    05-14-10 09:16 PM
    would this void insurance also lol.. i think my warranty is up in june but i still i have insurance
    If you have insurance it'll be replaced no matter what you do to your phone but if you damage it yourself it'll cost you the deductible.
    05-14-10 11:54 PM

What do you mean by the black backplate? are you talking about the plastic piece that covers the flash and the camera?
    05-14-10 11:54 PM
    changing the housing on a device does void out the warranty so if you have issues you will have to switch it back to the black.
    05-15-10 12:06 AM
    If you have insurance it'll be replaced no matter what you do to your phone but if you damage it yourself it'll cost you the deductible.
    alright thanks.. maybe in a few months i'll see if i can replace this case but, what can possible go wrong when i try to replace this casing? its not hard to take apart right?
    05-15-10 06:06 AM
    Well there's an official 5.0 software released for the tour so I don't know why'd you wanna download the unofficial OS. Anyways, if they already sent you a replacement phone I dont think your warranty has been voided.
    As the official VZW OS sucks balls? Idk?
    05-15-10 12:09 PM
    As the official VZW OS sucks balls? Idk?
    lol i thought it was all the same.
    05-16-10 02:27 AM
    This is no doubt the most in depth and detailed housing swap post ever made. With videos too!

This thread needs stickied somewhere.

Kudos to you, Epictechtips! AAA+

05-16-10 03:16 AM
    Great job very detailed and easy to follow, not to mention a great looking phone
    05-17-10 08:50 PM
    haha thank you thank you as mentioned at the end of the video once I receive my blackberry bold 9700 housing I should do a video swap of that as well. Anybody know where the best place to get the 9700 housing is? After buying one from eBay I honestly don't think china made plastic housings are reliable compared to OEM manufactured ones.
    05-18-10 05:33 AM
    Epic.....You may wanna check on truesupplier.com. That is where I got my cases for both of my tours. 1 is purple & 1 is metallic silver.
    05-18-10 04:06 PM
    hmm I checked both truesupplier and sw- but I have noticed that the middle piece is not the same color as the front and back pieces. Anybody know a website or store where I can get the middle plate the same color as the front and the back pieces?
    05-19-10 08:10 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD