Hey guys. I just thought of a little reason why VZW has decided not to tell us the release date, when sprint has already done so.

It's simple - Most people do not know about the the Bold 9650. Very little advertisements and basically any information about this phone on Verizon has been released. Verizon wants to gain the profit from the unknowledgeable customers buying the tour, curve, and other VZW phones. There just milking this for all they can get. We will probably hear about a release date as close to the release date as they can possibly get.

Believe me, it's not very much like Verizon to release a phone MUCH later than sprint. If anything, it will be in that very same week.

Thanks.
    05-13-10 08:37 PM
    Hey guys. I just thought of a little reason why VZW has decided not to tell us the release date, when sprint has already done so.

It's simple - Most people do not know about the the Bold 9650. Very little advertisements and basically any information about this phone on Verizon has been released. Verizon wants to gain the profit from the unknowledgeable customers buying the tour, curve, and other VZW phones. There just milking this for all they can get. We will probably hear about a release date as close to the release date as they can possibly get.

Believe me, it's not very much like Verizon to release a phone MUCH later than sprint. If anything, it will be in that very same week.

Thanks.
    That's what I was thinking, as well as they probably don't want to take away from sales for the Incredible. I'm hoping for the release to be on the same day as Sprint.
    05-13-10 08:41 PM
    they're out of the incredible until june but they still got the 8330's for sale! you might be right. then again....
    05-13-10 08:47 PM
    they're out of the incredible until june but they still got the 8330's for sale! you might be right. then again....
    They're not out of the Incredible by my house. :/ I guess it depends on the store! Regardless, the LG Ally, KIN 1&2 are being released soon.
    05-13-10 08:54 PM
    Verizon still sells 8330's in store!?
    wow.
    05-13-10 09:10 PM
    That's what I figured. It'll probably be like the Storm2 release. Hopefully!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 09:13 PM
    Verizon still sells 8330's in store!?
    wow.
    Not that I've seen. The stores in my area have removed them from the displays completely.
    05-13-10 09:15 PM
    it was on their web page today when i was looking at phones. shocked the heck out of me. i haven't been in a verizon store in a while so not sure what's there.
    05-13-10 09:30 PM
    it was on their web page today when i was looking at phones. shocked the heck out of me. i haven't been in a verizon store in a while so not sure what's there.
    Wow, Pearl Flip and 8330 for $10 plus the Pixi for FREE!
    I haven't been on the VZW site recently, but they have a wide selection of smart-phones now.
    05-13-10 09:40 PM
    Would Verizon just ever stock the phone, 9650 that is, on their shelves and NOT publicize at all? I mean it makes no sense but would that ever happen?
    Has it ever happened? the curve was my first BB so ...
    05-14-10 07:28 AM
    That's what I was thinking, as well as they probably don't want to take away from sales for the Incredible. I'm hoping for the release to be on the same day as Sprint.
    Do you really think that this phone would hurt sales of the incredible? I doubt it. Outside of this website, no one gives a rat's arse about this phone!
    05-14-10 07:41 AM
    Considering the incredible is now in a shortage due to supplies for the phone, they are focusing on online store only for the incredible. They should release the bold now, to stop the loss of potential customers due to a lack of incredibles
    05-15-10 08:09 PM
    V had nice stock available for release in December 2009...more then Sprint rumor goes.
    Only thing needed was Bold sticker slapped on by Rim..I cant see that being reason for current delay so V must have them in hiding.

Hmm good reasons,

V is holding off to make sure OS is perfect for Verizon users lets pass it around.

OR

Sprint & V really dont care who gets it out first the device is bust < I Buy that reason

Last edited by Slingbox; 05-16-10 at 10:44 AM.
    05-16-10 10:34 AM
    V is holding off to make sure OS is perfect for Verizon users lets pass it around.
    I would think that they have an OS available already. There are undoubtedly boxes and boxes of Verizon branded Bolds sitting somewhere waiting for someone to pull the trigger, and they already have OS's loaded.
    05-16-10 10:44 AM
    I would think that they have an OS available already. There are undoubtedly boxes and boxes of Verizon branded Bolds sitting somewhere waiting for someone to pull the trigger, and they already have OS's loaded.
    Yeah I Dont think V cares a rats A** about this device.
    9630 cost them lots of $$ in returns providing many headackes.
    9650 is basically the same device they know it last on their list trying to sell walk in the door customers...heck many customers will run away from it thanks to 9630.
    Smart move on their part props to them great business move to sell Droid and Incredible.
    V Crackberry users pissed forgive your carrier their only doing whats best.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-16-10 at 11:10 AM.
    05-16-10 11:06 AM
    Adding

Sprint cares about releasing 9650 off the batt...it wont sell hot but when returns start coming in they have hot EVO to push them to adding 10.00 fee into the mix ching ching more money made 9650 worth the trouble for them.
    Basically Sprint desperate Verizon doesn't care about it
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-16-10 at 11:23 AM.
    05-16-10 11:17 AM
    100% agree with Slingbox.

Sprint nor Verizon dont really care about this phone. You will never see one commercial for it. It will be in papers and magazines and thats about it.

Verizon is pushing Droid big time right now witht he relase of the Incredible and another hot Droid phone coming out next week made by LG.

Sprint has the EVO coming in 3 weeks and doesnt care either because the EVO is their baby and will get all the attention. People will try the BOLD if they dont like it Sprint will push them right to the EVO and make more money off of them.
    05-16-10 12:10 PM
    Another reason why I think Verizon and Sprint don't really care about the Bold.

Sprint BlackBerry Bold 9650 goes on sale a little early -- Engadget

Websites are already putting the phone down.

Not like its going to happen but, it would not surprise me at all if Verizon scrapped this phone all together.
    05-17-10 09:51 AM

Not like its going to happen but, it would not surprise me at all if Verizon scrapped this phone all together.
    Well, it would surprise me a lot, as this is NOT going to happen. Verizon WILL release this phone. It is just a matter of time. Let's keep it together people. It will happen lol
    05-17-10 10:00 AM
    MAY 27th!! Some stores are even telling me the 26th, just ask.
    05-17-10 10:16 AM
    How do you know this???????
    05-17-10 10:18 AM
    Do this... call vzw and tell them that you are thinking of switching to Sprint because you want the 9650 and ask them if they plan on releasing it anytime soon. I did that and got a supervisor to tell me the info. To back it up I went into the store in Mid Town Nyc and the District manager was there and he told me the May 27th as well.
    05-17-10 10:39 AM
    Verizon doesn't liked getting jerked around ,They are the #1 carrier and RIMs playing them as fools with unstable shabby product.
    Storm
    Storm 2
    Recalling 9650 so Rim could Throw Bold Stickers on.

You just don't do that...Verizon doesn't play ball that way Rim will take a hurting.
    Sprint Store also since Hesse made a deal with Google Android last year.
    Not sure if anyone was keeping up but Hesse came out last year stating Google Android would NEVER make its way into Sprint.
    Over night they became chummy big time all the sudden ,I'm sure that was a major surprise to Rim so CDMA Blackberry faithful I wouldn't look forward to top notch BBs coming from either carrier anytime soon...hmm well like we ever did lol
    Both carriers are pissed at Rim for screwing them favoring gsm

Sprint & Verizon now choose to have Rim last on their store shelves..its not the either way around anymore
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-17-10 at 11:22 AM.
    05-17-10 10:43 AM
    That's a great theory Phil. Makes you think.
    05-17-10 11:17 AM
    Verizon doesn't liked getting jerked around ,They are the #1 carrier and RIMs playing them as fools with unstable shabby product.
    Storm
    Storm 2
    Recalling 9650 so Rim could Throw Bold Stickers on.

You just don't do that...Verizon doesn't play ball that way Rim will take a hurting.
    Sprint Store also since Hesse made a deal with Google Android last year.
    Not sure if anyone was keeping up but Hesse came out last year stating Google Android would NEVER make its way into Sprint.
    Over night they became chummy big time all the sudden ,I'm sure that was a major surprise to Rim so CDMA Blackberry faithful I wouldn't look forward to top notch BBs coming from either carrier anytime soon...hmm well like we ever did lol
    Both carriers are pissed at Rim for screwing them favoring gsm

Sprint & Verizon now choose to have Rim last on their store shelves..its not the either way around anymore
    hyperbole aside, i think that the general point of your post is dead-on
    05-17-10 11:20 AM
194 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD