Check out this link I found on Twitter...

hxxp://labs.elecite.com/2010/blackberry-storm3/

I am under 10 posts so I cannot post a link..remove the xx in the http.

What does everybody think? It is claiming to be an initial review of the prototype of the Storm 3.
    05-13-10 06:26 PM
    BlackBerry Storm3 | Elecite Labs

Never heard of that website thou.
    05-13-10 06:33 PM
    Pretty good find for a newbie.....even though I have been a member for almost two years...lol

I hope it is somewhat accurate...that prototype is one sexy piece of hardware..
    05-13-10 06:37 PM
    I'm pretty sure just that's an elaborate ad for their "Polygon" theme...
    05-13-10 06:39 PM
    Seems more like a brief review of the Storm3 to me...

I highly doubt the pictures are accurate but if the storm3 looks anything like that I am in like sin...............
    05-13-10 06:46 PM
    No way the Storm3 will look like that. It's too innovative and cutting edge; definitely not RIM's modus operandi. That is a radical departure from the current Storm line.

However, I certainly wouldn't mind eating my words That thing is gorgeous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 06:53 PM
    "Are you drooling yet? Don�t fret, while you can�t get your hands on this device for now, you can have the closest thing � our exceptional Polygon UI, seen on the prototype."

It's not real (at all), it's an ad...
    05-13-10 06:57 PM
    *cough* Bullsh!t *cough*
    05-13-10 06:57 PM
    Seems like some of the claimed technology won't be ready for market in the near future.

"crystal-clear, sleek glass device... inconspicuous, high resolution dual-lens reflex camera system... all the hardware is hidden within two sections cleverly covered by a glossy black, multi-layer thin strip audio technology that enhances sound clarity..."

I agree that it's just marketing hype. Elecite is good at that... they had a site that claimed to make a custom theme for you, when it was actually just a flowchart with various choices of icon set, font, etc.
    05-13-10 07:03 PM
    I hate seeing you guys get all worked up about a device that doesn't even exist yet.

In today's industry, timeliness is rarely found... When a new device does finally make it past the drawingboard, they miss the release date by at least 6 months. When was that new blackberry watch from inpulse suppose to be on the shelf? Febuary?

So whatever this thing, if and when it does make it into the real world, gets released it won't be this year anyway.

05-13-10 07:04 PM
    No way the Storm3 will look like that. It's too innovative and cutting edge; definitely not RIM's modus operandi. That is a radical departure from the current Storm line.

However, I certainly wouldn't mind eating my words That thing is gorgeous.

What he said. RIM'S too stubborn and stuck in their ways to make somethin' THIS innovative......though I hope I'm wrong. Only question is....where's the battery fit? That thing's way too slim for a BB, but maybe RIM'S got somethin up their sleeve....for once.
    05-13-10 08:54 PM
    What he said. RIM'S too stubborn and stuck in their ways to make somethin' THIS innovative......though I hope I'm wrong. Only question is....where's the battery fit? That thing's way too slim for a BB, but maybe RIM'S got somethin up their sleeve....for once.
    There is no room for a battery... because it's not real
    05-13-10 08:58 PM
    Looks sexy though
    05-13-10 09:04 PM
    I will eat my hat if it looks like that!
    05-13-10 09:44 PM
    That is such crap. RIM should hit them with a cease and desist so hard their Momma's won't ever say "Storm" and "3" in the same sentence again.

And besides when Technology gets that cool, you'll just have a chip in yer head...
    05-13-10 09:50 PM
    Ok. Open up ANY Blackberry. Look at the hardware. Now, tell me how you get all that in that "Storm 3"... LOL Come on now. That has enough room for a TINY battery and maybe a camera. Forget the MOBO! What a joke...
    05-13-10 09:53 PM
    That is such crap. RIM should hit them with a cease and desist so hard their Momma's won't ever say "Storm" and "3" in the same sentence again.

And besides when Technology gets that cool, you'll just have a chip in yer head...
    And by that time we won't be debating which phone is going to be the iPhone killer, we'll be trying to depose Steve Jobs from his new position as Chancellor of Virtual Reality to the Esteemed Global Leader.

05-13-10 09:58 PM
    of course it's a marketing/advertising ploy by Elecite. I still commend them for doing something, hopefully this can reach RIM somehow. Tired of their stubbornness and being stuck in their antiquated ways, they need to learn to innovate and adapt.

and for those of you saying this phone "isn't possible", you are all idiots. if you read what the prototype claims, there is nothing crazy about it -- technology well withing reach... from dual reflex lenses (being pioneered in high end dslr's) to 60ghz spectrum wifi. and if you knew anything about circuit boards, you'd realize that most current mobile devices WASTE space in their design. It *could* all well fit within those two areas. What I don't find plausible is there seems to be no interconnection between the two (at least not visibly outward from those mock ups they made). Perhaps an oversight on their part, but cut 'em an f'in brake. They're designers not engineers...and yet this is well done.

It's a great design and a great concept. Enjoy it and stop complaining.
    05-13-10 10:02 PM

RIM should hit them with a job offer.

and...How do you know they didn't work with RIM in the first place? plenty of companies ask creatives to lend their visions for their products. they're just explorations. concepts. I don't understand all of you haters. I'm trying to compete with them (doing theme design myself) and I kind of look up to them honestly. I hope (but really doubt) this is in collaboration with RIM somehow.
    05-13-10 10:05 PM
    The sad thing is, I think I could figure out how to make one that actually had reasonable specs, but that would be by using materials and building processes that are still only seen in a few laboratories...

That being said, there's a slight possibility that Steve Jobs or Bill Gates is rocking something like this, but it's one of a kind and worth more than the USA's national debt.
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-13-10 at 10:28 PM.
    05-13-10 10:26 PM
    Though we agreed that it is an ad, one big thing is missing: the BB button. No where to be found. That button is on every phone RIM makes. So even if it were a convincing mock up, that one omission makes it a fake.
    05-13-10 11:26 PM
    lol, RIM's employees couldn't even dream up of a device like that, let alone make one like it. 2110 will roll by and a Blackberry still won't look like that.
    05-13-10 11:43 PM
    Bwahahahaha. I just puked a little in my mouth. WTF was that supposed to be?
    05-14-10 12:46 AM
    For me it looks soooooo fake...
    Just look at the OS.

I mean, almost no pre-infos are really reliable.
    There are sooooo many people out there, who are "knowing" what will be RIM�s next phone like...

And look: The Slider and the clamshell came out of nowhere...

It�s annoying, that some guys do mock-ups like this and say:
    "THIS IS THE NEXT bla, bla..."

For me it`s just logical, that:
    If there was a Storm1 and 2 - there will be a Storm 3...
    And if there was a Bold 9000, a Bold 9700, a Bold 9650 - there will be a new Bold - some day.
    05-14-10 02:07 AM
    This thread made me laugh out loud... I love the members of crackberry and their sharp wit and even sharper cynicism of RIM. In a good way of course

That phone makes me think of pieces of glass splintering into my behind as I sit down in my car... ouch... note to self, don't leave this phone in your back pocket.
    05-14-10 02:44 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD