Please help...is there any way to get MMS messaging on my 9630 Tour that has been unlocked from Sprint? I have changed the service books for AT&T and everything works fine except the picture messaging and email. Should I just sell it and get another AT&T Blackberrry or is there some way to over ride it?
    05-13-10 04:00 PM
    unfortunately no. firstly, if the device is not at&t branded we cannot guarantee service.I believe there is some conflict between the technologies the two companies utilize. att is GSM ( which uses a SIM) and sprint a CDMA which does not.
    05-13-10 11:00 PM
    Please help...is there any way to get MMS messaging on my 9630 Tour that has been unlocked from Sprint? I have changed the service books for AT&T and everything works fine except the picture messaging and email. Should I just sell it and get another AT&T Blackberrry or is there some way to over ride it?
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan? If you do not, you will not get MMS or pushed e-mail. Those features require a BlackBerry data plan (BIS).
    05-13-10 11:15 PM
    unfortunately no. firstly, if the device is not at&t branded we cannot guarantee service.I believe there is some conflict between the technologies the two companies utilize. att is GSM ( which uses a SIM) and sprint a CDMA which does not.
    The Tour is dual CDMA/GSM, so it will work on AT&T if unlocked. 3G will not be possible, but EDGE will work. However, MMS and pushed e-mail require a BlackBerry data plan (BIS).
    05-13-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD