Cfrock and skippyhdog bring a brand new kind of theme. Virtually eliminate the need to go to your applications list.

Includes:
    -Vertical and Horizontal Scrolling Docks
    -Custom Docks
    -Hidden Today (access to today only from bottom dock)
    -Easy navigation between docks
    -"$" key opens options; "c" key opens clock; "m" key opens manage connections
    -------set "dial from homescreen" option to "no" under options-phone options-general options to work more efficiently
    -<escape> key hides docks, to get the back, just start scrolling!

*slots 1-10 are the horizontal; slots 11-20 are the vertical
    *to get to horizontal dock from vertical dock scroll right then down, almost in one motion
    *to get to vertical dock from horizontal dock scroll up then left, almost in one motion

*get to the profile icon by scrolling 'up' from the vertical dock
    *when theme first loads, both docks will be on the screen. this is normal. just wait about 10 seconds for theme to fully load, then scroll up to begin!!

This is still in early BETA. Feedback is crucial!!

DOWNLOAD NOW!!
    Last edited by skippyhdog; 05-15-10 at 03:55 PM.
    05-13-10 02:13 PM
    Glorious!!!!!!!!! My friend!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 02:54 PM
    Thanks. Feedback would be great. We are all about improving this one. Functionality is key.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-13-10 03:17 PM
    What does it mean that is still in early beta? will it work on any curve 8530?
    05-13-10 04:16 PM
    Guys - there's so much here it's going to take a full day just to try it out!!! If this is a collaborative effort, I hope you guys continue to work together
    05-13-10 04:20 PM
    What does it mean that is still in early beta? will it work on any curve 8530?
    It will ONLY work on the 8530 and 8520. Early beta means the theme is functional, but any feedback we get about new features wanted to be added, or any bugs that are found we will take the necessary steps to solve the problem. The theme is ready for use.

05-13-10 04:27 PM
    Guys - there's so much here it's going to take a full day just to try it out!!! If this is a collaborative effort, I hope you guys continue to work together
    This is most certainly a collaborative effort. I hope you enjoy the theme. Any feedback at all is appreciated. Enjoy

05-13-10 04:29 PM
    What?? No weather slot? Lol had to say it.. So far its functioning as good on my BB as it was on urs before u posted Skippy. Never thought this is what u were envisioning..

05-13-10 04:33 PM
    What?? No weather slot? Lol had to say it.. So far its functioning as good on my BB as it was on urs before u posted Skippy. Never thought this is what u were envisioning..

Weatherslot!

Its funny you mentioned that, because me and cfrock knew someone was gonna say something about it not having a weatherslot haha. We are workin on it. We wanted to get feedback from everyone first to see how the functionality of the theme works with everyone.
    05-13-10 04:37 PM

FYI, tried to make it "wallpaper" friendly just for you
    05-13-10 04:38 PM
    Ummm, best theme ever?

Seriously. I thought the last theme was going to be my main one, now this one.

Great theme you guys.

I'm on an 8330 with a hybrid OS, it works perfectly so far.

05-13-10 05:04 PM
    Ummm, best theme ever?

Seriously. I thought the last theme was going to be my main one, now this one.

Great theme you guys.

I'm on an 8330 with a hybrid OS, it works perfectly so far.

Glad to know this theme works for the 8300 series. Hope you enjoy

05-13-10 05:35 PM
    Cfrock and skippyhdog bring a brand new kind of theme. Virtually eliminate the need to go to your applications list.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4604156577_72115b2230_o.jpg

Includes:
    -Vertical and Horizontal Scrolling Docks
    -Custom Docks
    -Hidden Today
    -Easy navigation between docks
    -2 changer buttons

*slots 1-10 are the horizontal; slots 11-20 are the vertical
    *to get to horizontal dock from vertical dock scroll right then down, almost in one motion
    *to get to vertical dock from horizontal dock scroll up then left, almost in one motion

*get to the profile icon by scrolling 'right' from the vertical changer
    *when theme first loads, both docks will be on the screen. this is normal. just scroll to the changer to get started!!

This is still in early BETA. Feedback is crucial!!

http://bit.ly/bcYHs6
    Ok, it hasn't been a day, but I'm really intrigued with this theme, so here's my initial thoughts:

First, wow! You guys have pulled this off seemlessly. It's a small theme (under 200 kb), is quick & responsive. So a big +1 on base-line functionality. I couldn't find any bugs per se, but I'd offer a few thoghts for you to consider if you're planning further refinement:

1. This theme could have a huge amount of screen real estate dedicated to the preview areas. I'm suggesting limiting preview functionality to the vertical dock, which, when triggered, hides the bottom dock thus providing space for more entries - you could probably go to as many as 12 entries while maintaining a readable font. Would be really impressive if background could darken when in today preview - for the light wallpaper people. This approach would also (hopefully) do 2 additional things: i. Make the horizontal dock super smooth with no today previews & ii. Allow for access to the today previewed entries from the vertical dock, which I really think is necessary for optimum functionality. I'm rocking your No Cal Scrolling 12 dock theme & rely on accessing preview data / entries daily.

2. I know , the infamous weather slot. My suggestion would be to consider losing the directional indicators at the right of the theme, drop the today preview frame low enough to allow for a weather slot at the top right (this might mean a decrease from a max of 12 to 10 entries, but I think it'd be worth it). Even if you pull some more banner magic and the weather slot ends up there, the directional icons aren't, in my view, necessary. You guys have crammed a lot into a small space without it being either cluttered or counter-intuitive. In short, it's easy to learn, so I'd lose the directional icons.

3. Maximizing the banner - two words illustrate the point: clickable clock! Could also get manage connections and a few others in there.

4. Hotspots - say the last 4 icon spaces in the application page. Just to emphasize that it's all covered. You could also throw in HS for some A-Lister Apps, eq, Quicklaunch, Twitter, FBN etc....

Anyway, those are a few comments and I fully admit that in making them my goal was to answer one question - what else is needed to ensure someone never has to go to the app screen?

A quick comment on branding - depending on how far you take this (ie, the first of a series?), how about branding it as an "AI" Theme , ie, an "All In", "Always Intuitive", theme. Personally, I like the name Vectors for this theme.

Regardless, be proud guys not only for turning out an already outstanding piece of work, but for also being generous enough to share the fruits of that labour. Many on this site truly appreciate your and other developer's efforts. Thanks.

05-13-10 07:46 PM
    Thanks for putting out this cool theme. Everythings is running smooth. Great job.
    05-13-10 08:24 PM
    Only one thing I'd ask, is the today font be application content...

05-13-10 08:28 PM
    Maybe turn on bold on the font of the date in the banner.. So it pops out a little more..

05-13-10 09:46 PM
    Love this theme! It's probably my phone but it seems laggy in places...I have a lot on my phone though. I like that I can put all my apps on the home screen individually instead of in a folder. My suggestion would be to give an option so both docks are hidden at the same time instead of one always being seen. I really love a good hidden dock and this theme rocks!

05-13-10 10:01 PM
    These are exactly the kind of responses we were looking for!! We will work to get these ideas in motion. A lot of these ideas were already in planning, but some were not, but are now. Keep ideas coming, and let us know about the functionality.

05-13-10 10:03 PM
    Please dont change too much.

05-13-10 10:09 PM
    Love this theme! It's probably my phone but it seems laggy in places...I have a lot on my phone though. I like that I can put all my apps on the home screen individually instead of in a folder. My suggestion would be to give an option so both docks are hidden at the same time instead of one always being seen. I really love a good hidden dock and this theme rocks!

There are a couple of things that could be going on.
    1. Try doing a battery pull after installing

2. Scrolling over an icon with a today area will cause a slight lag in any theme. Since this is scrolling dock, I would recommend not putting 2 or 3 of those today icons one right after the other.

I will entertain the idea of the hidden docks. With all these suggestions, I'm gonna have to write a manual for this theme. Keep em comin

05-13-10 10:10 PM
    Please dont change too much.

I'll keep it simple

05-13-10 10:13 PM
    Yeah guys & gals, thanks for the positive feedback. We're still working out a few kinks but it will get there. I honestly don't think I've seen another theme with this much ability.
    05-13-10 11:17 PM
    What if by pressing "escape" u can switch between docks?? Might allow for access to today area.. Just I thought.

05-14-10 10:47 AM
    What if by pressing "escape" u can switch between docks?? Might allow for access to today area.. Just I thought.

Thought of that, but i was gonna save that for the hd....btw.....this is my 100th post!
    05-14-10 11:06 AM
    Congrats on the century mark.. And if u made this hidden, that would be outta control..

05-14-10 11:17 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD