Can't understand why the 9100/9105 for carriers like T-Mobile, Verizon, ATT and Sprint are being sooo secretive on this release. The carriers should already know that they have a base of supporters who are going to buy the 9100? What is sad is that I spend so much time in my day dealing with an hour glass and having to reboot. I can't be the only one who is dealing with this frustration due to a phone that is maxed out on memory. There is no excuse for this in 2010. I sure hope that all carriers will release the Pearl 3G in May. Please explain, if enyone has any insight. Thanks in advance.
    05-12-10 08:36 PM
    Probably because they are in the process of field testing or haven't decided to carry the device at this time...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 08:44 PM
    I am in the same boat as you � just ordered my 7th 8120 in two years today � the wonderful device is now rebooting at random during calls � nice. To me RIM does not have clue � they are not really selling the old style pearl anymore, I can see no harm in letting people know what the deal is so they can make plans themselves. For me I have to think about leaving tmo if att gets the device � essentially paying $ 40+ more each month for worse wireless and customer service. I don�t want a 9700 because I just tried one again today and again I cannot type anything on it, fingers too big I guess. I am actually pretty pissed and annoyed at the situation I find myself in, hooking up yet another antiquated device only to have it go south again sometime in the future.

Maybe they don�t announcement it because they don�t know when they will be able to really make it work well enough � they were going to release 5.0.0.586 the other day for the 9700 and they pulled the plug on that because the os had too many flaws. They then put .586 on the new white 9700 that tmo was going to release and so it fcked up that release date. They seem like total buffoons to me but what do I know. I deal with dell, cisco, soundpoint and other top brands daily and I never have the issues I do with RIM and I know a month + before new devices are being released.

To their credit I think BES is a pretty decent product, I have lots of installs out in the field and never many issues and they keep the updates flowing nicely. On the hardware side they are somewhat less impressive � you see the clamshell device they are coming out with? Omfg, that sort of proves the point.

Anyway, rant over � I feel better now.
    05-12-10 09:13 PM
    Don't you think the field testing already has taken place by the time RIM launched at WES. It seems like a big game being played while the consumer sits around using outdated hardware. I am a Blackberry loyalist but for the life of me can't figure out this behaviour by the carriers. Does RIM handcuff the carriers on when launch dates occur or do the carriers themselves set the launch based on what is best for their revenue streams? Just trying to figure it all out. And.....getting impatient especially since we have been talking about this phone since 2009 when Salomondrin reviewed the phone in detail.
    05-12-10 09:17 PM
    Kurtla...You sum it all up perfectly...Rant on because I feel the same way...Really getting frustrated. I am eligible for a full upgrade currently and no way to plan either because of this delay/secretive nonsense. If TMO does not get this phone, I will leave as well. I have been a customer since 2000 and a user since the 7105/8100/8120.....Everyone I talk to when I call T-Mobile customer service acts as if I am speaking a foreign language when I ask them when the 9100 will be released. They immediately start to talk about the White Bold 9700 and Red 8520 launch date. Was hoping to have something in stone by the end of this week. But...I also thought that we would hear something by last week.
    05-12-10 09:30 PM
    Kurtla...You sum it all up perfectly...Rant on because I feel the same way...Really getting frustrated. I am eligible for a full upgrade currently and no way to plan either because of this delay/secretive nonsense. If TMO does not get this phone, I will leave as well. I have been a customer since 2000 and a user since the 7105/8100/8120.....Everyone I talk to when I call T-Mobile customer service acts as if I am speaking a foreign language when I ask them when the 9100 will be released. They immediately start to talk about the White Bold 9700 and Red 8520 launch date. Was hoping to have something in stone by the end of this week. But...I also thought that we would hear something by last week.
    they still have not heard anything but to me the handwritting is there, att is going to get the 9100 first so I am going to jump ship. att = $120/month for unlimited cell, sms and data. $70 for cell, $30 for data and $20 for sms. I am going to shave $15 by going for 200 sms for $5 - I use mostly email. I pay about $ 75/month with tmo and that inc insurance for the 8120. I cannot believe it, I love tmo, I never drop a call and they have replaced 7 - 8120's on the spot without hesitation and the internation service has been great. I dont know much about how att fairs in los angeles but they run gsm so hopefully it will be ok. I tried out a 9700 for a month and it did not cost me a cent - look @ what happens if I want to do the same with att
    AT&T Returns Policy - Wireless from AT&T.
    they are not tmo, that is for sure.
    05-12-10 09:49 PM
    I DON'T want to leave TMO but this would be a game changer for me if the Pearl 3G is not sold.
    05-12-10 10:07 PM
    Seriously, I've voiced my opinion about this very topic many times. I want to curse and get upset but I'm just going to pretend like this unicorn phone does not exist. I went this long with my love to hate POS pearl 8100. What is another few months right? :blows brains out:
    05-12-10 10:27 PM
    im DYING for a new phone. they need to release this asap! or at least tell me something to tide me over
    05-13-10 02:38 AM
    I wish all of you will relax... T-Mobile *will* get the Pearl 9100 eventually, it may not be immediate as a lot of you wish, but it will get there. Stressing yourselves out about it isn't going to help, and get the device out sooner.
    05-13-10 03:40 AM
    rim is in negotiations with the carriers so they can't give a release date. the 81XX was extremely popular for all major carriers and i expect this new pearl to be popular as well. enough so that it does eventually land in all carriers. it's just a matter of dealing with carrier exclusivity right now, etc. i do agree though that rim is taking way too long with the negotiations and that it could severely hurt the new pearl's sales.

my aunt for example has a pearl 81XX now, uses it for just calls and light texting, and is now telling me that she wants to upgrade to a "smartphone." i tell her that her pearl is a smartphone and she then tells me that it isn't a smartphone because smartphone's have big screens.

that said, each passing day that the pearl 3G isn't released, more "smartphones with big screens" are sold to the masses.
    05-13-10 09:42 AM
    Although I agree with you that is frustrating, I also agree with any business as to holding off on release date until its official.

A perfect example is what happened lately with tmobile and their os release. They made a date 5/11 and look at how many people are ticked off and badmouthing tmobile for not releasing it when they said they would.
    05-13-10 11:51 AM
    rim is in negotiations with the carriers so they can't give a release date.
    Well, that explains it.

As usual, it all comes down to money.

05-13-10 12:05 PM
    Well, that explains it.

As usual, it all comes down to money.

Welcome to the world of busine$$...

05-13-10 02:03 PM
    I wish all of you will relax... T-Mobile *will* get the Pearl 9100 eventually, it may not be immediate as a lot of you wish, but it will get there. Stressing yourselves out about it isn't going to help, and get the device out sooner.
    You are so right. I see so many people getting stressed out because of the
    delays of the new BBs... I know that I am going to have a nice cold beer and
    not let it worry me.
    05-13-10 02:38 PM
    not let it worry me.
    that's cause you have one already
    05-13-10 02:48 PM
    that's cause you have one already
    Well, yeah... but also, my curve still works good... so I have 2 blackberrys.
    Lots of people have their blackberrys ready to die at any moment, so of
    course, the waiting is an eternity for them.

But I will buy another 9100 when T-Mobile gets it. Maybe a white 9700 too. LOL
    05-13-10 03:19 PM
    not let it worry me.
    Don't even go there! You have one already easy for you to enjoy that beer!!
    05-13-10 03:31 PM
    not let it worry me.
    No offense, but you can easily say this because you already have one. Let's be real honest, what if you didn't have the Pearl, could you really say the same thing?
    05-13-10 04:53 PM
    No offense, but you can easily say this because you already have one. Let's be real honest, what if you didn't have the Pearl, could you really say the same thing?
    Yes, I can truly say that I was doing fine with my curve before I got the 9100. I was not expecting
    to get a pre-release, and I would have been okay to wait for it until T-Mo releases it.

But having a nice cold beer sounds good anyway! LOL.
    05-13-10 05:07 PM
    When you rely on a BB8120 for business and making $$$$ like RIM and Carriers, your darn right it is frustrating when I have to pull my battery out a couple times per day. Just a second Maam, I will have to call you back because my phone has an hour glass spinning and I cannot access the fax number you have requested. I will have to call you back in about 5-7 minutes while my phone reboots. Thanks for your patience. By the way, I am going to sit back, relax and have a beer like I was advised to do by an individual off of the Crackberry Forums. Talk to you in five.
    05-13-10 07:47 PM
    i really want this phone BADLY!!! tmo needs to pick up this phone. i need my crack!!!
    05-13-10 08:04 PM
    I really wonder why no carrier has jumped at the opportunity to announce the 9100....

very strange.
    05-14-10 11:46 AM
    I really wonder why no carrier has jumped at the opportunity to announce the 9100....

very strange.
    I'm sure since it passed FCC testing recently we'll hear an announcement of a carrier(s) picking it up in the next coupla weeks.

On a sidenote T-Mobile might get this device first since AT&T is getting the exclusive on the 9800 slider.... Something to ponder....

05-14-10 04:09 PM
    I'm sure since it passed FCC testing recently we'll hear an announcement of a carrier(s) picking it up in the next coupla weeks.

On a sidenote T-Mobile might get this device first since AT&T is getting the exclusive on the 9800 slider.... Something to ponder....

Man, I was hoping AT&T would get the Pearl first.
    05-14-10 05:11 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD