View Poll Results: Should I replace the bezel?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do it myself

7 87.50%
  • Don't do it

1 12.50%
  • Take it to the local phone store with a CrackBerry addicted staff

0 0%
    I've played with electronics a lot and taking things apart/putting them back together, but I have never taken apart a BlackBerry.

I know there are sticky's about how to do this properly which I have read a few of them, but I have heard from a few people (my brother included who took apart his 8300 to replace a screen) that once you take the phone apart it no longer feels quite as solid and might even rattle/break.

I bought this new bezel part from CNN.cn because my OEM chrome one is getting chipped up and I want to replace that and my back cover to make the phone look a bit nicer.

BlackBerry Curve 8900 OEM glossy black bezel - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories -

(I have the T6 screwdriver set etc. for disassembly as well)

Will installing this part purely for aesthetic reasons make the phone less reliable, sturdy, or usable then before?

What do you guys think I should do?
    05-12-10 05:07 PM
    I've replaced the bezel in all my phones, none of which I feel compromised the overall feel or operation of the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 02:29 AM
    So I did it tonight....Will post a few pictures later this week when I get my new camera out and play with it.

This write up was what really helped me do it the right way, thanks for the encouragement guys, it turned out amazing:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/bl...cement-185961/
    05-16-10 02:52 AM
    glad to hear it turned out well.
    05-16-10 11:08 PM
    I was able to replace my trackball last weekend with no problems. It was actually easier than I thought it would be so I'm going to do a small makeover. I just ordered the black bezel and battery cover from cnn.cn too. Can't wait until I get it in the mail.
    05-17-10 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD