Best Buy does takes off the mail in rebate. Does anyone who works at Best Buy know if they will be getting the phone? I called and went into a store today...I got the..."We will get it..we don't know exactly when..but there will no be rebate" story.... with a wink. So... any hard cold facts?
    05-12-10 04:06 PM
    I'm sure they will have it on or around the release date of the phone. I was there trying to get a Tour last weekend and the lady told me that the new Bold comes out on the 23rd so apparently she knew her stuff. Best Buy doesn't do mail-ins, them nor Radio Shack, thank God. I'm thinking about $150-$199 @ indirect stores as far as pricing out the door.
    05-12-10 04:14 PM
    Just scroll down a little on the front page of this forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/be...k-week-466298/
    05-12-10 04:15 PM
    Yes Best Buy will definitely get it. Probably on release day also, just like the Tour. Hopefully it will be 150 just like the Tour as well!
    05-12-10 05:38 PM
    Aside from getting an instant rebate, what the advantages and disadvantages to buying at Best Buy vs Verizon Store? I'm long overdue for a NE2.

How does the insurance at Best Buy compare to a Verizon store? If I have problems with the device, will the Verizon store turn me away if my phone was purchased at Best Buy?

Thanks!
    05-12-10 06:45 PM
    Aside from getting an instant rebate, what the advantages and disadvantages to buying at Best Buy vs Verizon Store? I'm long overdue for a NE2.

How does the insurance at Best Buy compare to a Verizon store? If I have problems with the device, will the Verizon store turn me away if my phone was purchased at Best Buy?

Thanks!
    I believe Best Buy wil give you a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 06:51 PM
    I believe Best Buy wil give you a new phone.

Instead of a refurb? That's a pretty big advantage. Any disadvantage to buying at Best Buy vs Verizon store?
    05-12-10 06:53 PM
    Some people just can't help themselves. Lololol

05-12-10 07:06 PM
    Instead of a refurb? That's a pretty big advantage. Any disadvantage to buying at Best Buy vs Verizon store?
    But if they try to fix it and send it away and don't have an exact replacement for rental use they give you a different kind of phone like a winmo or palm phone. Ohh and there's no lost/stolen policy on it either I think. So of Lost or stolen or water damage you have to pay full retail. They may have changed that though.

05-12-10 11:26 PM
    We don't send out blackberry, they get replaced on the spot with a new one. Best buy has a special contact with rim which allows us to do this. All other phones get sent out.
    Also we don't cover lost or theft. But other than it covered under anything that could possibly go wrong with it
    Oh it 9.99 a month n it goes on a debit/credit card, not on ur cell phone bill

Best Buy Covers
    Normal wear and tear (heat, dust, humidity)
    Power surges
    one battery replacement
    no lemon
    rewardzone members earn double points at the end of 2yrs
    Last edited by TrinitY_PL; 05-13-10 at 01:50 PM.
    05-13-10 01:27 PM
    I was at best buy yesterday buying a router and decided to ask the rep there about the 9650. He said He just got an email about it and He went and opened his email. He read at again and confirmed his emai stated that the sprint 9650 will be available for sale at best buy on the 23rd. I asked him about pricing and that was not stated in the email. He told me to call on the 23rd to ask about the price.
    05-13-10 04:30 PM
    Yeah, they will have it... It's a phone that everyone has been waiting for... they will DEFINITELY carry it...
    05-13-10 04:42 PM
    Anybody know if Best Buy will allow me to use my Annual Upgrade and extend my contract?

What about if I can use Best Buy gift cards for the purchase? Got a few floating around, and I never actually shop there...
    05-13-10 05:00 PM
    Yes, and Yes... and if u dont use them, Send them over this way... lol
    05-13-10 05:03 PM

Thanks!
    One thing I really like about bestbuy is they will let you swap out a phone as many times as you like during the first 30 days where every where else only gives you one.

05-13-10 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD