Using a Nextel Curve - when a call comes in the phone vibrates first, then begins ringing. I miss calls all the time at home because I don't hear it vibrate, and it only rings for about 5 seconds. I've downloaded ringers that are 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds in length and it doesn't make a difference. Vibrate, vibrate, ring for 5 sec, missed call... Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    05-12-10 03:49 PM
    It's doing it to me too. kinda sucks!! I have a 8350i . it would be nice if it can be changed.
    05-12-10 05:48 PM
    Download big tin cans BUZZ ME from bb app world I let's the phone ring and vibe at the same time. Just set you profile to nomarl and adjust the settings with buzzme. The app is free and has a paid version. I use it and love it. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 06:01 PM
    I have experienced the same problem on Nextel Blackberry.
    I used to miss calls all the time as you describe.
    There is a simple solution to your problem. Call Nextel support and have them add a ring extension to your account.

This is a known problem with a known soultion.
    The extension worked great for me.

Greg
    Last edited by gwilliams99; 05-12-10 at 07:19 PM.
    05-12-10 07:16 PM
    you may have to call more then once, some reps don't know what you are talking about but it is avaliable, and well worth the time it takes to get someone who knows their job
    05-12-10 09:09 PM
    You can also switch the profile to tone, instead of vibrate + tone... Profiles>Advanced>Active>Phone>Switch Out of holster or in holster to tone, and you will no longer have vibrate before the ringing, thus, making the ringer somewhat longer....yet I do also advise getting the ring extension, plus an app such as Big Tin Can Buzzme or Berrybuzz for peak ringing performance!
    05-13-10 03:24 PM
    Awesome - thanks everyone. I will call Nextel and look into the App as well. Much appreciated!
    05-13-10 04:15 PM
    Your welcome that's why were here

05-13-10 06:48 PM
    I downloaded buzz and turnmed vib off. It helped but still not hearing all the ringtone before it kicked them to voice mail

05-14-10 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD