Swap java folder from 9650 .692 with the .662 leak for the tour and you won't be disappointed. Here are my other posts.

Still looking to see what doesn't work, but so far you only have to swap the 3 theme files, especially net_rim_theme_precision_zen_480x360_b_02.cod from the 66e java folder. Everything else seems to work. Thanks TA for the help. This is FAST.
    Not only does everything work for me but this is the fastest my phone has EVER run. Something I also noticed for sprint users, no more registration email from sprint or loss of browser on battery pull. You still need to give the device 2 minutes after restart but then everything works great! Will report back more including battery later or tomorrow.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-12-10 03:18 PM
    I am by no means a hybrid builder, but with some help from TA and Helljack, here is the Java folder from .692 with the correct file swap already made. All you have to do is load up .662 for the tour, and then delete the java folder and copy this to the install location. Shrink and install. To my knowledge, everything is working really well, and fast. Sprint users no long get the registration email. Check it out.

Download Java.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    05-13-10 08:22 AM
    Yeah this a keeper for right now. I do see a difference while browsing the net as far as scrolling through the pages and it renders pages faster then straight .662. Calls sound a little better now and so far it seems like the batt life is better .643 and .662 was killing my batt fast......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 10:41 AM
    Thanks for the file! Going to give it a spin tonight.

I can put the file up somewhere else if anyone wants a faster download.

PM
    05-13-10 12:13 PM
    NO problem. enjoy, i am!
    05-13-10 12:14 PM
    @ dschachm thanks for putting this together for us I really see a difference from running a straight os.....

05-13-10 12:21 PM
    So you are able to swap the entire java folder from the 9650 and it works fine ?

05-13-10 12:44 PM
    So you are able to swap the entire java folder from the 9650 and it works fine ?

Not the entire original folder. You have to make some changes. I already made them in the folder i posted.
    05-13-10 12:48 PM
    Any browser click issues?

05-13-10 12:54 PM

None, and this is the fastest browser i have used.
    05-13-10 12:56 PM
    9630 full Java hybrids are the easiest to build. You only have to mod a handful of files (even less when you use 9650 files). However, you do have to swap more than just the themes. You also have to swap some medialoader files (preloaded content mainly) and I also would suggest keeping these Tour files in your full Java hybrid...

net_rim_bb_default104DMtree
    net_rim_bb_default109DMtree
    net_rim_bb_mtp
    net_rim_bb_phone_cdma_service
    05-13-10 01:02 PM
    9630 full Java hybrids are the easiest to build. You only have to mod a handful of files (even less when you use 9650 files). However, you do have to swap more than just the themes. You also have to swap some medialoader files (preloaded content mainly) and I also would suggest keeping these Tour files in your full Java hybrid...

net_rim_bb_default104DMtree
    net_rim_bb_default109DMtree
    net_rim_bb_mtp
    net_rim_bb_phone_cdma_service
    Thanks for the advise. I didn't touch any of the files you listed, but i did swap out the media files so ringtones and backgrounds will work.
    05-13-10 01:04 PM
    Browser click is usually based on what SFI is being used. One can slow this down a bit when swapping out some browser files, but the issue will always be there to a degree.
    05-13-10 01:06 PM
    Browser click is usually based on what SFI is being used. One can slow this down a bit when swapping out some browser files, but the issue will always be there to a degree.
    To my knowledge, the .662 radio doesn't have the browswer click.
    05-13-10 01:09 PM
    So is anyone working on a full .exe stand alone install with all the proper swaps? One that can be installed by itself without being installed over .662?

05-13-10 01:14 PM
    Thanks for the advise. I didn't touch any of the files you listed, but i did swap out the media files so ringtones and backgrounds will work.
    You can use the 9650 ringtones and wallpapers if you rename the files the same as the Tour files.

For example...take the 9650 ringtone file ("net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_05_b ") and rename it: "net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_9630". Same with the 9650 backgrounds. Take the 9650 backgrounds file ("net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x360_05 _b") and rename it: "net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_9630". Same thing goes for themes you can use any device's stock themes on your Tour as long as your rename them and as long as you make sure they're 480x360.
    Last edited by 12MaNy; 05-13-10 at 01:18 PM.
    05-13-10 01:15 PM
    To my knowledge, the .662 radio doesn't have the browswer click.
    It did for me....bad
    05-13-10 01:16 PM
    So is anyone working on a full .exe stand alone install with all the proper swaps? One that can be installed by itself without being installed over .662?

I can step you throught the process of using this folder, but no, i don't konw how to make an installer.
    05-13-10 01:17 PM
    It did for me....bad
    I'm surprised. Specially since i know you are on sprint. What do those other files do that you listed before?
    05-13-10 01:18 PM
    I'm surprised. Specially since i know you are on sprint. What do those other files do that you listed before?
    Mainly just phone and connection based. Better 9630 radio performance if you use those files.
    05-13-10 01:20 PM
    I can step you throught the process of using this folder, but no, i don't konw how to make an installer.
    I appreciate it. I get how to do it, but if this ends up being a keeper I'm betting one of the hybriders will do a stand alone eventually.

05-13-10 01:20 PM
    I appreciate it. I get how to do it, but if this ends up being a keeper I'm betting one of the hybriders will do a stand alone eventually.

It has already been done, just not on this site. It isn't my place to spread it.
    05-13-10 01:22 PM
    It has already been done, just not on this site. It isn't my place to spread it.
    Gotcha

I'll go take a peek!

05-13-10 01:23 PM
    Mainly just phone and connection based. Better 9630 radio performance if you use those files.
    So you think i should inject them into my build and i will see a difference?
    05-13-10 01:25 PM
    So you think i should inject them into my build and i will see a difference?
    Probably, but there's a slight chance it won't make any difference considering the 9650 and the 9630 are so closely related and they're both CDMA devices. I've had way better luck keeping those files stock 9630. However, if you hybrid is performing good, then the 9650 files are working just as good as the 9630 files would. I just mentioned it in case you happen to have any connection problems.
    05-13-10 01:31 PM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD