I am experiencing very quick draining of my Bold 9700 battery even if I don't use much the phone. Its only a month old phone and I am not a big user. The strange thing is that even when it has 3 bars available at night, its gone by the morning time. Is there any thing wrong with my settings? Just to clarify. this draining issue has surfaced since one week, it was ok before that. Can some one help me pl!!
    05-12-10 12:41 PM
    first the obvious question, what do you have running constantly in the background that could be closed
    05-12-10 12:54 PM
    Do a battery pull and observe. Might help..
    05-12-10 12:57 PM
    first the obvious question, what do you have running constantly in the background that could be closed
    No games at all, and I downloaded only 2 apps i.e. yahoo Finance & Weatherbug. I check & quit these apps instead of switching. Not sure how to check if some apps/games are accidently running, any idea?
    05-12-10 01:04 PM
    Do you have wifi turned on?
    05-12-10 01:23 PM
    To check to see what apps you have running hold down the menu button and a list will pop up. There are five apps that constantly run in background. bbm, browser, phone, mail and something else(its been so long since I've looked at my bb i don't know anymore). Also turn off wifi and bluetooth when you aren't using them. Check your settings i.e screen brightness and stuff like that.
    05-12-10 01:30 PM
    To check to see what apps you have running hold down the menu button and a list will pop up. There are five apps that constantly run in background. bbm, browser, phone, mail and something else(its been so long since I've looked at my bb i don't know anymore). Also turn off wifi and bluetooth when you aren't using them. Check your settings i.e screen brightness and stuff like that.
    You are thinking of the home screen icon. But some good advice.

To the OP: I always turn off the bluetooth (never use it) and I turn off wifi and gps when I'm not using them.

Make sure you always shut down your applications properly by going to menu then close instead of just pressing the red end button.

Do you have good or bad service where you sleep? Bad service can certainly drain a phone pretty fast.
    05-12-10 01:43 PM
    I'm thinking it could be the wifi as well. If not, are you constantly in an area with poor coverage? If so, the device could be constantly searching for a "network" thus draining the battery.
    05-12-10 01:46 PM
    I have uchecked WiFi now and made sure apps are closed, lets see what happens tomorrow. Thanks to all for their advice.
    05-12-10 01:50 PM
    Wifi or just a plain old bad battery. You should get at least 12-14 hrs of heavy data usage per charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 02:08 PM
    Is wifi that big of a battery drainer? I constantly have that on and get 2-3 days and I am a heavy user...I should take it off as I rarely use wifi anyway, lol!

05-12-10 06:14 PM
    Do you have a lot of apps running?

05-12-10 08:08 PM
    honestly, i have the same problem, not as dramatic as yours though
    and for mine, wifi, bluetooth and other apps are always turned off/ closed when not using
    05-12-10 08:43 PM
    I've been encountering the same problem since I've had my 9700. I've been on .593 and I noticed at LEAST once a week ill notice my battery have 2 bars left and the phone just shuts down completely. Ive been able to restart the phone for 2-3 minutes before the battery indicator turns red and then completely shuts down again. So basically the phone dies at around 2 battery bars remaining. Anyone else having this same problem?
    05-12-10 09:30 PM
    Hi all, after I turned off WiFi and Weatherbug app, it dropped only half bar of battery by today morning. Thats fine and I am relieved now. I think either it was WiFi or Weatherbug app that caused the battery drain. Thanks again to all coming up with advcie.
    05-13-10 09:37 AM
    its the wifi, i have weatherbug on mine and it doesnt seem to drain the battery much.
    05-13-10 11:18 AM
    I've heard the wifi barely, barely affects the battery life.
    05-13-10 11:28 AM
    Hi There I read that another reason for battery drain in a new BB was possibly because you may not have fully charged your battery in the first place. I had it happen to me too and when I fully charged the battery, I had no problems since (my wifi is always on)
    Bonnie
    05-13-10 12:33 PM
    It could be the metal/magnet found in some cases that drains batteries
    05-13-10 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD