Looking for app that will let me type more than 160 characters in SMS, yet integrates into native SMS/MMS. Found Beyond 160 but it doesn't work with OS 5. Anyone know of anything?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 11:53 AM
    Looking for app that will let me type more than 160 characters in SMS, yet integrates into native SMS/MMS. Found Beyond 160 but it doesn't work with OS 5. Anyone know of anything?

Actually i just installed crunch sms from on blackberry apps world its a free app, works pretty well so far also has smileys......BlackBerry App World - Search Results for "crunch sms"
    05-12-10 02:16 PM
    Tried that. Deleted after a day. Hate the double messages. Thanks though.

05-12-10 03:25 PM
    Just use SMS (Short Message Service) for what it was intended. Use MMS if you need to write a story. Or maybe just call the person instead of composing a novel.
    05-12-10 03:36 PM
    Ouch... That was harsh

05-12-10 03:40 PM
    Ouch... That was harsh

Yes, the truth is sometimes painful unfortunately.
    05-12-10 08:00 PM
    Well believe it or not everyone doesn't work in a nice quiet environment where that is possible. SMS is actually my main form of communication with family during the day and not everyone has a BB for BBM. So once again can anyone be of help instead of being a hindrance?

05-12-10 08:09 PM
    Well believe it or not everyone doesn't work in a nice quiet environment where that is possible. SMS is actually my main form of communication with family during the day and not everyone has a BB for BBM. So once again can anyone be of help instead of being a hindrance?

But we did, we said use MMS as there is no limitation on the size of the message. I use this tool to communicate with my family also while at work, I've just learned to be succinct.
    05-12-10 08:32 PM
    So once again can anyone be of help instead of being a hindrance?
    I am quite sure I saw someone ,*cough*Cynamonne*cough*, provide you with the answer you seek.

SMS is for short messages thou and the truth usually hurts.

How bout lrning t typ lik tns do? (obviously I never did )
    05-12-10 08:43 PM

How bout lrning t typ lik tns do? (obviously I never did )
    Reminds me of the Hooked on Phonics commercials years ago. Amazingly, I have learned to shortcut my texting pretty well thanks to my 17 year old daughter. Unfortunately she is failing English in large part because of her texting and use of shortcuts. Pretty sad considering I have a degree in English and her older sister is a 6th grade English teacher.
    Last edited by kwkid; 05-12-10 at 09:01 PM. Reason: typo
    05-12-10 09:00 PM
    Guess I'm lost here because I thought MMS was for pictures and videos. How do I send text other than with multimedia? My 17 year old son has an 8330 and has started using real words in his messages so I'm out of luck there! I actually told him about crunch sms and he loves it, I just didn't care for it.

05-12-10 09:31 PM
    Guess I'm lost here because I thought MMS was for pictures and videos. How do I send text other than with multimedia? My 17 year old son has an 8330 and has started using real words in his messages so I'm out of luck there! I actually told him about crunch sms and he loves it, I just didn't care for it.

You are correct, MMS stands for multimedia messaging system and is designed for pictures, videos, etc. Since these are usually much larger files is exactly why you can send very long messages. You just start an MMS and type away, when ready, just hit send.
    05-12-10 09:38 PM
    Well I feel like an *****. That is way to easy and it never once crossed my mind. Thanks to everyone for helping.

05-13-10 05:24 AM
    Well I feel like an *****. That is way to easy and it never once crossed my mind. Thanks to everyone for helping.

No reason to feel bad at all. That's how we learn. I would also suggest you look at the following as there are many great things to be learned about your BlackBerry here:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series
    05-14-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD