the ceo of my company, has reported, that since he received his new blackberry (Verizon Tour 9630), that he's unable to Open Calendar and Click "G" that would normally select the Go To in his calendar. I figured he was lying when he said he had that, but he proved me wrong, after power on his old device (Verizon Tour 9630) and showed me it worked. I've verified they are both running, the same OS version:

BlackBerry Handheld Software
    Package Version: 4.7.1.77
    Consisting of:
    * Applications: 4.7.1.40
    * Software Platform: 4.1.0.40

He also has quick keys enabled i.e. - go to phone, select blackberry key, options, general options - dial from home screen = NO

Even called RIM twice, one rep, said OS, I proved that wrong up above, another said not possible, NOT true since he can with the old device.

Bottom line, looking for when in calendar, that pressing "g" key, that it enacts, the go to option in the calendar.

Any assistance, much appreciated!
    05-11-10 06:52 PM
    First of all, it might be better for your career future to assume the the CEO of your company might be "mistaken" rather than "lying". Just a tip.

Second, are the "old" device and the "new" device the same model. Just wondering why there would be an old and a new if they were the same and seemingly (based on your post) both working. ??

Anyway, on my Tour running OS version 5.0.0.643, when I open the Calendar and press the "G" key, I get a pop up that allows be to scroll to another date.

05-11-10 07:28 PM
    Thanks for the speedy reply! I really meant that he was mistaken, but it almost made it seem that I made him a liar, when I called RIM and they said this couldn't be done. I almost wanted to write it off as an OS issue, because he was saying that his older device a 9630 it worked, until he decided to power it up and show me. Yes. He has 2 9630s, the old one the scroll ball doesn't work and yet he still keeps it in his draw. Anyhow, he can hit "L" key which opens his calendar, then "G" key opens his Go To Date, but it doesn't work on his New w/ the same 4.7 OS. Also, it does NOT work on my 9630 with OS 5. I like the screen above. What utility did you use? any assistance is greatly appreciated on the "g" key issue!

Thanks!
    05-13-10 10:22 AM
    The screenshot was done with the Capture It application.

I have no idea why it wouldn't be working if the devices are set up the same. Personally, I have never used that feature. But it does work on mine.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
    05-13-10 11:17 AM
    motorcyle mama,

I'm able to use the "g" when in the calendar, only from the views, of week and month and agenda NOT from the DAY view. Does this work from the DAY view for you?

Thanks!
    05-14-10 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD