I now have a strange email that starts with "buzz" followed by a bunch of #'s and letters. I dont see in under my contact info but when I got to email myself I comes up as an option. Any ideas as to what it could be?
    05-11-10 05:07 PM
    Screenshot available possibly?
    05-11-10 05:11 PM
    I now have a strange email that starts with "buzz" followed by a bunch of #'s and letters. I dont see in under my contact info but when I got to email myself I comes up as an option. Any ideas as to what it could be?
    You mean that this is an email address or an email that someone keeps sending to you?
    05-11-10 05:16 PM
    I attached the pic
    05-11-10 05:23 PM
    Hmm... interesting! Did you have anything (ringtone, wall paper, theme, etc.) sent to your phone from online, i.e. you ordered it and had it sent OTA to your phone?
    05-11-10 05:26 PM
    Most recent thing is fancy charaters but I have had it for a while.
    05-11-10 05:27 PM
    Most recent thing is fancy charaters but I have had it for a while.
    All right.... A few more questions:

1) Have you emailed yourself since you got that most recent app without having seen that weird address as an option?

2) What OS are you running?

3) Do you use desktop manager, and if so, when was the last time you synched?

4) Do you have the full address of the strange email? I'm specifically looking to see what it ends in, e.g. @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, etc. When you're on the screen choosing the address you want, try selecting that address in question. Once it has been selected, scroll over it and see what the address is.
    05-11-10 05:37 PM
    Just tried to email myself today and noticed this

5.0.0.591 is my OS

Checked for updates on my Desktop a week ago. None available

the address ends in @gmail.com
    05-11-10 05:40 PM
    Just tried to email myself today and noticed this

5.0.0.591 is my OS

Checked for updates on my Desktop a week ago. None available

the address ends in @gmail.com
    I think that it might be related to Google Buzz. Do you have a gmail account or do you use their IM?
    05-11-10 05:44 PM
    Use IM and Buzz.
    05-11-10 05:48 PM
    Use IM and Buzz.
    I definitely think that it is related to Google Buzz. Perhaps try contacting Google to confirm this. Alternatively (and this may be "risky" if it is some kind of spam thing), you could try emailing the address and see if it sends right back to you as a notification in your Google app.
    05-11-10 05:52 PM
    when I email to that address it shows up in my google buzz
    05-11-10 05:53 PM
    when I email to that address it shows up in my google buzz
    Well that just about confirms my suspicion that is it related to Google Buzz! Someone with more knowledge on the subject could confirm this, but that is definitely what it appears to be in my opinion.
    05-11-10 05:55 PM
    I still dont like how it appears on my BB and I cant find under contact info or when I edit my contacts. This must me a BB-Google thing.
    05-11-10 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD