I've searched for a live link for a zip file of BBM 5.0 because I don't have a data plan that can use a browser to install it.
    I do have BIS so I can use BBM, 4.5 is installed although I've tried to uninstall it because it says 5.0 is installed too. I'm just confused.
    I'm hoping someone can lead me to BBM 5 so I can try using application loader.

Thanks.
    05-11-10 04:23 PM
    Go to AppWorld & have the BBM link emailed to your BB

Clcik Here For AppWorld

That's the only other way to get it that I can think of other the OTA which you said you can't do.

Good luck...
    05-11-10 05:16 PM
    The BBM link doesn't do it because like I said, I can't open links from my device.
    05-11-10 11:09 PM
    go to blackberry.com in IE, enable activex to download DM friendly files
    05-12-10 01:55 AM
    No luck. The only link for BBM brings up a prompt for an email link to download via browser. I can't find an IE link to download to desktop.
    05-12-10 10:00 AM
    here's a BBM66 OTA http://bbtweeps.com/files/ota/BBMV5....66/BBM66en.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 10:06 AM
    I mean on one hand I appreciate the help, but if people don't read the op what's the point? I CAN'T install OTA. Period! I need the zip files for a DESKTOP install.
    05-13-10 10:36 AM
    There is NO desktop install. BBM is all OTA or nothing.
    If you do NOT have a way to access the internet or any web mail services (Gmail, Yahoo) then there is no way to update your BBM.
    I guess I was hoping you could use the Gmail app for BB & send the OTA link there but I wasn't thinking about you not having a data plan. Sorry.
    We all tried to help but it's hard to wrap your head around not having a data plan with a BB.
    Enjoy what you have...
    Good luck...
    05-13-10 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD