Saw the notification from App World this morning and downloaded. The annoying bug that prevents the keyboard from working immediately appears to be fixed. I have sent a few e-mails and it works like a charm. The app is now perfect for me. If you are using Dragon, the upgrade is a must.

Good timing too, because the bug was getting to be more and more annoying. Took to long to bang out what should have been a short reply. Almost had me thinking twice about sending the e-mail.
    05-11-10 07:48 AM
    I still had the bug, and so I deleted the App.
    05-11-10 07:55 AM
    Even after the update this morning to 1.6.1? The 1.6.0 rev from a few days ago was still buggy, but 1.6.1 is working like a charm for me. Sorry to hear you are still having trouble. Great app now that it works properly on my BB.

I am on OS .607.
    05-11-10 08:13 AM
    Saw the notification from App World this morning and downloaded. The annoying bug that prevents the keyboard from working immediately appears to be fixed. I have sent a few e-mails and it works like a charm. The app is now perfect for me. If you are using Dragon, the upgrade is a must.

Good timing too, because the bug was getting to be more and more annoying. Took to long to bang out what should have been a short reply. Almost had me thinking twice about sending the e-mail.
    i got no notification from appworld. I just deleted the app and will re-download and see what happens...will post results in a bit.

UPDATE: same version as I had before! it shows "1.6" in appworld. inside the app, it shows 3.0.0.19. the keyboard STILL has the same issue. WHERE did you see "1.6.1"?? (in options>applications>dragon, it shows 1.6)
    Last edited by dave1812; 05-11-10 at 10:43 AM.
    05-11-10 10:28 AM
    i got no notification from appworld. I just deleted the app and will re-download and see what happens...will post results in a bit.

UPDATE: same version as I had before! it shows "1.6" in appworld. inside the app, it shows 3.0.0.19. the keyboard STILL has the same issue. WHERE did you see "1.6.1"?? (in options>applications>dragon, it shows 1.6)
    Just waiting for my phone to finish booting . . .

Ok. I got it from BB App World this morning, and My World definitely shows 1.6.1. I also checked App World on the web and it show that 1.6.1 is up for download. Maybe do a battery pull and hope your App World refreshes? Once you get the newer version, you will be happy.

Here is the link

BlackBerry App World - Dragon for E-Mail
    05-11-10 11:28 AM
    Got an Appworld Notification. Downloaded the new version..... He's right, Works perfectly now!.

The voice recognition is still a bit "off" sometimes.. Must be my "canadian" accent!
    05-11-10 03:15 PM
    the upgrade option just popped up in app world (i had pulled the battery this morning, to no avail for this issue). downloading now...
    05-11-10 04:30 PM
    works great now! keyboard entry on an empty field is now allowed. voice recognition is superb! (at least for me)
    05-11-10 05:00 PM

I give Nuance credit for fast updates that appear to have solved the problem, and I will buy the app that I'm sure will work in all fields, i.e. SMS when available. Shame on Vlingo who still hasn't fixed issues with the Storm 2 for six months now.

Mike
    05-11-10 08:10 PM
    I give Nuance credit for fast updates that appear to have solved the problem, and I will buy the app that I'm sure will work in all fields, i.e. SMS when available. Shame on Vlingo who still hasn't fixed issues with the Storm 2 for six months now.

Mike
    agreed on vlingo--it's a pile of dog doo at this point.
    05-11-10 08:43 PM
    I just downloaded this app. Very cool!

The accuracy is surprisingly good if you speak slowly and plainly. Definitely a lot faster than keying in a message.

Editing existing text is still a pain! Does anyone have a recommendation for an optimal setting for the keyboard "Tap Interval/Hover Period/Swipe Sensitivity" settings on the S2 to make the editing of existing text as painless as possible? (I.e., no "jittery" cursor placement.)
    05-11-10 10:25 PM
    BTW, here's a link to the FAQs page for this app:

Dragon Mobile Apps

In particular, I like the list of voice commands like "new line", "new paragraph", etc. that are shown there.
    05-11-10 11:11 PM
    How come when I open Dragon on app world, it shows up as free and gives me "reviews", "screenshots", etc.. but no "buy" or "purchase" or "download"?!

(I'm in the Philippines if that helps)
    05-12-10 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD