Hi

I purchased (stupidly) a BlackBerry 8320 off eBay as a spare for my users when one needs to go in for repair.
    this phone is unlocked, (according to a blackberryfaq .com how to)
    however my carrier tells me it is unable to activate the phone on BIS (we use BESX), and when i try to add it myself it says it cannot verify the info (PIN and IMEI)

as far as i can tell an IMEI unlock code will not help me as the phone is unlocked, but it seems like the PIN is locked, but the device was never used before. when i reset the phone i can register the host routing tables and get the registration email from RIM.

any ideas?? am i missing something here??
    05-10-10 11:08 PM
    Have you tried Menu/Options/Mobile Network/Menu and select start provisioning. If this has never been done the phone should work soon after. Also go to your
    Manage Connections folder and make sure the Mobile Network has a green check mark after it. Let me know how you do!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 09:40 PM
    Thanks

the provisioning has been started and the connection check is ok, but when it says 'connection to blackberry' it comes back NO but under BlackBerry registration it comes back as YES

the green check mark is there, and it says it has a data connection, obviously just not to the RIM servers...
    05-13-10 03:10 AM
    Don't know for sure. Just throwing out suggestions but have you gone to the host routing table and registered the bb? I don't have any experience with BESx so I'm not going to be much help. What does your carrier say about any of this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD