DISCLAIMER: No offense if you're an android owner and like it better than blackberry but.....

I had the devour for 2 weeks and the entire time I had it, I HATED IT The apps are stupid, the phone was slow, the signal/connection/battery sucked and I felt like it was made for a 12 year old. I mean the hardware was good and solid but the interface was just so ugh. Anyways, I paid the restocking fee and traded for a Blackberry Tour 9630 and love the thing. I've never had such an amazing/awesome phone. I've had NO problems with the phone whatsoever so far and I am SO happy with it! I have no idea how I lived without this phone for my 22 years of existence.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-10-10 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Profanity
    05-10-10 07:38 PM
    DISCLAIMER: No offense if you're an android owner and like it better than blackberry but.....

I had the devour for 2 weeks and the entire time I had it, I HATED IT The apps are stupid, the phone was slow, the signal/connection/battery sucked and I felt like it was made for a 12 year old. I mean the hardware was good and solid but the interface was just so ugh. Anyways, I paid the restocking fee and traded for a Blackberry Tour 9630 and love the thing. I've never had such an amazing/awesome phone. I've had NO problems with the phone whatsoever so far and I am SO happy with it! I have no idea how I lived without this phone for my 22 years of existence.
    That's great that you were able to find a device that you really enjoy and that meets your needs. However, I wouldn't think that it is necessary to bash other's preference in devices. Your rant about the Devour sounds eerily similar to the rants I have read about the very BlackBerry device that you love so much now. It really isn't about what device is the best or dramatically criticizing another device. Its about your user experience.

Incidentally, I love the Tour too. And the Devour seems like a real POS. BB rules! Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 05:28 AM
    Of all the new devices being released running the Android OS (1.6 btw), you chose the Devour? I think that says more about you than the phone itself!
    05-11-10 05:37 AM
    Yeah I probably did word that wrong, and if you like android more than BB than power to you. Anyways, I chose devour because I need a qwerty keyboard and the Droid's was horrible, and all the others (eris, incredible, etc) were full touchscreen. But yeah I do know people who have the Incredible and feel the same about their phone that I feel about mine, I agree it is all up to user preference. Personally, like I said, Android 1.6 felt like it was a teenager's pc covered in social networking things and all.
    05-11-10 11:08 AM
    you are correct though. the Androids are made for the younger crowed. There not business phones that are work horses like the Blackberrys are. I would feel pretty weird walking into a meeting with an Android VS a Blackberry.
    05-11-10 11:24 AM
    Well as a BB and Android owner.........I like both platforms but for different reasons.

I owned a G1 when it first came out, then picked up a BB8900 when that came out, then the Cliq and now BB9700.

I enjoy the bigger screens on Android phones, web browsing, and using Google maps and Google applications. But for getting stuff done.....quickly...efficiently...without fail......the BB is for me not to mention its one sexy phone.
    05-11-10 01:12 PM
    you are correct though. the Androids are made for the younger crowed. There not business phones that are work horses like the Blackberrys are. I would feel pretty weird walking into a meeting with an Android VS a Blackberry.
    It's sad that you need a Blackberry to feel "grown up". I own both and I can tell you that I feel no different walking into a meeting with my Android device. Talk about compensating!
    05-11-10 03:18 PM
    ^ What about Nokia E71? Business right there. Any BlackBerry will feel like a toy next to it.
    05-11-10 03:20 PM
    I like my Tour for what it is. But my wife got a Samung Moment (android) and it is freakin' cool. I would have no issue having that over a BB. Seriously, does everything my BB does. Camera on my Tour is better, though. Qwerty keyboard, solid contruction, nice big bright screen. UI is nice and zippy. Android OS is a bit rough in places but is very impressive for being the new kid on the block.
    05-11-10 03:24 PM
    It's sad that you need a Blackberry to feel "grown up". I own both and I can tell you that I feel no different walking into a meeting with my Android device. Talk about compensating!
    But what about the little green Android guy? That looks kind of juvenile don't you think?

05-11-10 04:20 PM
    ^ What about Nokia E71? Business right there. Any BlackBerry will feel like a toy next to it.
    I doubt that any device would make a BB look like a toy. But I do like the E71. Where is amazinggraceless? He would definitely be able to chime in on this point.

05-11-10 04:23 PM
    But what about the little green Android guy? That looks kind of juvenile don't you think?

Little green guy? He's nowhere on my phone.
    05-11-10 05:09 PM
    Little green guy? He's nowhere on my phone.
    What device do you have? I was under the impression that all of the Android devices have the little green Android. Emoticons, dial screen, startup screen? I have seen it on the Nexus One, Hero, Eris, Droid, and Incredible.

05-11-10 07:58 PM
    I find people caring about how "juvenile" a phone is to be juvenile in itself.

05-11-10 08:20 PM
    What device do you have? I was under the impression that all of the Android devices have the little green Android. Emoticons, dial screen, startup screen? I have seen it on the Nexus One, Hero, Eris, Droid, and Incredible.

Droid, no little green guys here.

I agree completely. "Blackberry makes me look important!"
    05-11-10 09:18 PM

I walked around with tweetie bird T-shirt? Would that be juvenile?
    05-12-10 08:21 AM
    I fart all the time. I know a forty-something that farts too. But I like my Tour. I have played with Android and it's not a bad platform if you like charging your phone every five or six hours.
    05-12-10 10:57 AM
    I fart all the time. I know a forty-something that farts too. But I like my Tour. I have played with Android and it's not a bad platform if you like charging your phone every five or six hours.
    I have a blackberry and charge my phone ever 5 hours or so
    05-12-10 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD