So the wife and I got iPhones. We are comming from blackberries an would like to find a replacment for BBM.
    I have tried Whatsapp and Hello! Downloaded pMessenger but ditched it because it would not go in to landscape
    with the keyboard.

Does anyone have an opinion on which app is good?

Many thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 06:58 PM
    Honestly I would just upgrade to an unlimited txt plan and use that. The SMS on the iPhone is really great. The other option that I would recommend is yahoo msgr. My GF and I use that quite a bit and it works great.
    05-10-10 07:12 PM
    sms, sms, sms - LOL
    05-10-10 07:31 PM
    sms, sms, sms - LOL
    LMAO kinda funny how well it works.
    05-10-10 07:43 PM
    Have you tried Handcent SMS app from the app store?
    05-10-10 07:45 PM
    Just get google talk. Any IM client is better than BBM for personal use because you can use it across platforms. Just get one and use that one. My wife and I chat on YIM all the time.
    05-11-10 09:47 AM
    I rather SMS, but since you already have unlimited data and may not want to get an unlimited sms plan, use an IM app.

Yahoo looks the best IMO. BeeJiveIM would be my 2nd choice and provides IM services for all the major instant messengers.
    05-11-10 11:34 AM
    Yahoo works for me.
    05-11-10 03:03 PM
    Meebo is a good free all-IM app. Beejive and IM+ are the most popular but they cost upwards of $10 (sometimes on sale though).

There are also ones similar to BBM that are iphone-user specific. Ping and WhatsApp. theyre both only $.99 so theyre relatively cheap.

But I agree a all-IM app is the best option because then you can be in contact from a PC to PC, PC to phone, phone to phone, etc and with most other people out there. BBM is an overrated proprietary messaging service which is useless unless you have a BB
    05-11-10 04:17 PM
    Now hear this, now hear this: SMS, SMS, SMS LOL

Best option as far as I'm concerned. Cross platform
    05-11-10 07:35 PM
    Now hear this, now hear this: SMS, SMS, SMS LOL

Best option as far as I'm concerned. Cross platform
    I hear that's not the case sometimes between Verizon users and AT&T. Haaa.
    05-11-10 09:06 PM
    LMAO kinda funny how well it works.
    try SMSing an image, video, contact, eta.
    05-11-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD