I have had my Bold for about 18 months. I bought it new from ATT. The only trouble I have had started about a week ago. My battery will not charge fully. It started off by doing this last weekend, never charging to over 60 percent. Most of the time it hovered around 20-30% (different after every battery pull). After several battery pulls, both plugged in and unplugged, I thought it was fixed. It charged fully and worked correctly for about 5 days.

Then this weekend it does the same thing, except it never got above 20%. A lot of the time it was in the red, sometimes enough that the radio would shut off. It was charging some because working with it plugged in last night, it never completely shut down.

I wiped the phone last night and installed Willyboy 9000 v4.2 .610/.662/.664/.669 hoping that it was possibly some software problem. I like the OS, but it didn't help my problem. I had 5.0.0.592 when the problem started.

I went and got a new RIM oem battery from the ATT store today. This new battery won't charge past 50%. I have once again tried numerous battery pulls today with no improvement in the charging of the battery. As before, the little lightning symbol does come on indicating that it is charging. After the wipe and reinstall, I have not installed any third party apps. The battery, neither old nor new, does not get hot.

Has anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions on what's wrong/how to fix it?
    05-10-10 06:17 PM
    Since you've ruled out the battery, have you considered problems with your charger? Try a different one.
    05-10-10 07:30 PM
    Yeah, sorry about that. I meant to mention the charger. I actually have 4 wall chargers (one brand new I bought today) and one car charger. It makes no difference which charger I use, the batteries still won't charge. I've even tried the usb sync cable from the computer.
    05-10-10 07:53 PM
    Unfortunately, if you've ruled out the battery and the charger and the charger cable, that leaves the charging circuit in your Bold. Since the warranty has expired, you'll have to decide whether it's worth the cost of a repair.
    05-10-10 08:40 PM
    Try the battery in a different Bold. If the problem doesn't follow the battery, it's with the phone. Backup, wipe, reload software, do NOT restore until you have confirmed the issue is no longer present, then restore only the essentials, like your contacts, calendars, messages, and other user-created data. Do not restore preferences or configuration settings.
    05-11-10 11:45 AM
    If the battery is new and the AC charger is new, did you try to charge through the PC>USB?

The next thing to do is to get an external charging pod:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=uYWIsj9h

You should also verify that the little battery meter on the home screen is correct:
    take a look at the battery status:
    tools>options>status>battery
    Last edited by mandony; 05-11-10 at 07:18 PM.
    05-11-10 07:14 PM
    have u checked the port where u insert charging cable?...sometime it becomes sort of loose and does not stay in place..insert the thing inside and hold it with ur hands and see if battery is charging. Mine was not going past 62% .
    05-12-10 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD