First of all, I have done some searching and I haven't really found any answers/solutions to my problem.

I've had the 9550 for 5 months now with no problems at all, until now. The other night I noticed that my screen isn't clicking at all or when it does, it's sticking and making a loud popping/snapping sound that is really annoying. To my knowledge I didn't spill anything on it, it just started happening after a battery pull.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Will Verizon send me a new one?
    05-10-10 02:45 PM
    since you are under a year it is still under warranty. I would call customer service and politely explain your problem. They should send out a replacement overnight.

about 2 months ago there was a screen hardware engineering change. I had a S2 since release and received a S2 rev1 with the hardware change and its a different click by far.

Good luck
    05-10-10 02:55 PM
    I had no problems until yesterday. All the hardware buttons, including bottom buttons stopped responding. It would work if I plugged it in for a while, but then it would go bad. Made the phone unusable. I thought it was something that only happened to other people...

Well I took it in to Verizon today during lunch. They felt strongly an OS update to .607 would fix it. I knew it was hardware (electric/static problem). I let them do it. No dice, they wiped it, I just stood patiently. No dice. Then they told me "congratulations" your getting a replacement device. It is the new device with the new screen. Only thing is that it had .607... Well so far, I have no issues with Opera, and it boots way faster.

Oh while I was waiting (2 1/2 hours), I played around with phones. I thought I would share:

Incredible was wicked fast. Only problem I had was that the scrolling felt highly overpowered. Especially the web browser. I am sure a 3rd party app like Dolphin fixes this. It was noticeably snappier than the Droid. The pinch zoom was cleaner as well. The screen keyboard was also the best I tried, outside of the Storm 2. Better than the Droids.

The Devour is such a sad device. It is just bad. The browser is clumsy when you zoom in and out. Its slower than the Eris. Motoblur was just...blurry. Too crowded. Did not see a reason for it existing.

Palm Pre had a smoother browser than the incredible, however, it was a bit slow in changing apps and the keyboard is just unforgiveable.

The Eris felt like a solid phone. I still like it. It did feel like an Incredible jr, which is meant to be a complement.

Oh, I noticed that someone was messing with the Storm 2, and chuckled about how slow the browser was. I felt suspicious that he said it took forever. I checked it out, saw that they had it set to "global". I called the kid over "psst" and showed him how much faster it was with the 1x setting. Suddenly he seemed more interested in it. I wonder if they keep it set that way on purpose to show how fast the Droids are.

I do admit, the browser on the .607 is a bit faster . Of course I also mentioned to the kid about Opera Mini 5.
    Last edited by leglace; 05-10-10 at 04:02 PM.
    05-10-10 03:59 PM
    To the OP, there have been THOUSANDS of posts that are similar to yours, I'm very surprised you were unable to find anything, in fact, that blows me away. Perhaps none mentioned the "loud/popping sound" but the sticking key issue is absolutely, a known problem that has been beat to death here in the forums. Some claim it requires a hardware fix with the new, silicone sleeves on the actuators, others claim that a torx screw adjustment fixes the issue and still others claim it's a software issue. Personally, I don't know, but I can tell you that all you have to do is call VZW, tell them your problem and they will send you a replacement. All you need to do is check under the battery for the manufacturing date, which shold be after Feb. 25, 2010 (and by now, I'd be surprised if you got anything older than that). You'll be good to go. Unfortunately, it will probably have the .607 OS, which, in my opinion, has some serious drawbacks (i.e., HORRIBLE volume on bluetooth), but you can always downgrade if you want.

To LegLace: As posted above, there are multiple claims for why the sticking key issue occurs. I can say this though, with my replacement device, made in March of this year, PLUS the OS upgrade, and the clicking thing is fantastic. That being said, .607 has numerous problems and I'm anxious for an update.

Finally, nice synopsis of your messin' with the other phones (I guess there are far worse places to be stuck for 2 1/2 hours, lol). I for one was not at all impressed with the Incredible, I had really hoped I'd like it, but no dice. It feels cheap and I don't care for the screen. I couldn't take it outside, but there are numerous complaints that it does not display well at all in bright sun. Also, I'm just not a big fan of the Android OS, but that's just my personal feelings. I can't even begin to think of playing with the Palm, you must have REALLY gotten bored, LOL.!
    05-10-10 04:14 PM
    Your click is sticking? I would be more concerned if your stick was clicking.

I made a funny

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 05:10 PM
    To the OP, there have been THOUSANDS of posts that are similar to yours, I'm very surprised you were unable to find anything, in fact, that blows me away.

perhaps when he hit search on his bb it didnt click

I'll get my coat.....
    05-10-10 05:26 PM
    To the OP, there have been THOUSANDS of posts that are similar to yours, I'm very surprised you were unable to find anything, in fact, that blows me away. Perhaps none mentioned the "loud/popping sound" but the sticking key issue is absolutely, a known problem that has been beat to death here in the forums. Some claim it requires a hardware fix with the new, silicone sleeves on the actuators, others claim that a torx screw adjustment fixes the issue and still others claim it's a software issue. Personally, I don't know, but I can tell you that all you have to do is call VZW, tell them your problem and they will send you a replacement. All you need to do is check under the battery for the manufacturing date, which shold be after Feb. 25, 2010 (and by now, I'd be surprised if you got anything older than that). You'll be good to go. Unfortunately, it will probably have the .607 OS, which, in my opinion, has some serious drawbacks (i.e., HORRIBLE volume on bluetooth), but you can always downgrade if you want.
    11/25/09

WTF !!!

I got it in tha 7th of April the only problems I have is that during a call or rarely the bottom buttons don't click as of the screen is off

Going to VZW as soon as I get off work
    05-10-10 06:48 PM
    Wow, man...lol, they found an old unit stuffed under the counter or something. My cousin had a replacement sent to him just a few weeks ago. It was a refurb, but the sticker on the box showed that it was refurbished just the week before. I find it hard to believe that.........wait, no.........why is it so hard to believe? lol, still, I find it troubling that they're shipping out so-called refurbs that have date codes on them that are OVER a year old!

Here is what you're looking for and should appear on the label under the battery, between the UL code and the "Made In" line:

Revised models will have EITHER a 3 digit code, reflecting one of the combinations below:
    # C2A, D2A, E2A, F2A, G2A, H2A, I2A, J2A, K2A, L2A, M2A and N2A
    OR

o Starting on February 22, 2010 or later the date code is displayed on the device label in DDMMYY format (220210).
    o All devices with the above 3 digit date codes or 6 digit date codes contain the new hardware changes.

11/25/09

WTF !!!

I got it in tha 7th of April the only problems I have is that during a call or rarely the bottom buttons don't click as of the screen is off

05-10-10 07:45 PM
  9. DaTerpsDaTerpsDaTerpsDaTerps's Avatar
    11/25/09

WTF !!!

I was having some screen stick issues and many of them improved with the .607 upgrade, but I'm still having some issues and they happened at some inopportune times.

So, I called VZW yesterday and had them ship me a replacement.

They shipped just the phone, no battery or SD Card or accessories.

If I've read the posts correctly, I believe they've shipped me an old one...correct?

The sticker in the upper left battery compartment, with the 2D bar code...the 3rd line down reads: 112109-10

Should I call them back and request a newer one?

wtf
    06-04-10 02:52 PM
    Interesting!! I'm experiencing this issue - multiple times. The guys at my local VZ store tell me they have NO idea what the issue is. Today its sticking again and I've had it!! I found this forum and looked...mine is from 102009!!! Seriously!?

Thanks guys (and gals)...I'll be stopping by today.
    07-10-10 08:06 AM
    Its sad that dust or whatever small particles can enter the storm screen. I mean the below the lcd screen metal plate where our clicks have to "touch" the 4 points surepress electronic sensor.

If u open up the phone u be amaze by the technology and often wonder how it clicks n works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD