Just wondering as us 9500's are stuck on .484 and other models are up to high .600's+....

has development for 9500 OS no stopped and its Storm 2 only?

Anyone know anything?
    05-10-10 03:22 AM
    The newest 9530 is 591.. Don't know much more than that, I thought they had stopped a while ago rhen 591 came out so I dunno

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 10:39 AM
    There will still be some development on OS5 for a while, RIM has too many devices still out there that apparently will not be able to run OS6. So we will see a few leaked OS and maybe a couple of different carrier releases.

Remember the S1 was "just" discontinued, there are still some units on retailers shelves, so it will be in carriers systems for at least another 2-Years.

That said, I don't see those of us on Verizon seeing too many new updated OS releases, unless there is some new feature that Verizon see a real benefit for them to release it. The S1 has yet to have an OS release that didn't "break" something else (but it could happen)... which in turn causes a huge overload for tech support. If they do that now... how many will be demanding an early upgrade? Just don't see them risking that.

As for the S2, sounds like it will be moving on along with the newer devices that can run OS6.
    05-10-10 12:12 PM
    Is it confirmed that us original Storm users are left out of OS 6? I was going to try OS 6 before I made up my mind whether to switch to an Android device or not...
    05-10-10 06:31 PM
    if we dont get OS 6 im gunna curb stomp a baby lol
    just kidding not really, but i will be that mad
    05-10-10 06:52 PM
    OS 6 aside...Im more asking if us 9500 people will ever reach the .500's on OS 5!
    05-11-10 03:29 AM
    I read somewhere that the original Storm cannot run OS 6 because it only has 128mb of Application memory. I would have loved to try OS6 on my Storm 1.

05-11-10 08:48 AM
    I would be completely surprised to see the S1 getting OS6. And who knows if there are going to be more leaks or not? Nobody. It's all speculation. These questions get asked ALL THE TIME around here lately, and nobody really KNOWS for sure.

05-11-10 09:55 AM
    OS 6 aside...Im more asking if us 9500 people will ever reach the .500's on OS 5!
    No one really knows for sure... I would image that yes both the 9500 & the 9530 will see some additional (one maybe two) updates over the next couple of years.

RIM has too may devices that are going to be on Carriers Systems for the next couple of years that will supposedly not be able to run OS6, so they will need to continue developing OS5 in some limited way to support these devices.

Then again they may just leave those device behind...
    05-11-10 10:14 AM
    hmm sounds like it definitely time to either a) switch berry device or b) cannonball jump ron jeremy style into all things hybrid!
    05-12-10 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD