Anyone else just love the storm they have?

I bought mine used about a month...month an a half ago and i gotta say,i love it.It does everything i want it too and more.

I was skeptical at first after reading horror stories of people that hate the phone they are on,but i can't see myself getting the droid like i planned when my upgrade comes around.

So is anyone else in the same boat?
    05-09-10 10:47 PM

I bought mine used about a month...month an a half ago and i gotta say,i love it.It does everything i want it too and more.

I was skeptical at first after reading horror stories of people that hate the phone they are on,but i can't see myself getting the droid like i planned when my upgrade comes around.

I feel the same way you do so far. I am using my storm on ATT so far I haven't had any issues with it. The only thing I can remotely even think of would be, not being able to watch youtube videos. That's not enough to make me hate the phone like everyone that I have seen on here. I would really appriciate it if someone might know what is going on with my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 01:41 PM
    Me too. My storm has worked fine since I got it after waiting in line outside a local verzion store on the launch day. Some say that I was one of the lucky ones but I would say most of problems ppl have with this phone is...user error. :]
    05-14-10 04:08 PM
    I love my Storm 2. I enjoyed my Storm 1 but I hated the typing on it.
    05-14-10 05:42 PM
    I like my Storm for the most part. My biggest gripe is the lack of app mem. I was having issues with dropping calls, and not being able to send MMS, but then I realized it had been almost 6 months sense I've done a tower update. Once I did the *228 I was again able to send MMS, and we'll see how the call dropping goes now. I can say one thing about my storm. It's been the most reliable phone I have owned sense my old Motorola Timeport. However I am seriously thinking about the new htc Incredible. I played around with one today in the VZW store, and was impressed (Damn the browser is fast), but I still have some more research to do before I decide.
    Last edited by scoobyxj; 05-14-10 at 08:38 PM.
    05-14-10 08:20 PM
    I like my Storm for the most part. My biggest gripe is the lack of app mem. I was having issues with dropping calls, and not being able to send MMS, but then I realized it had been almost 6 months sense I've done a tower update. Once I did the *228 I was again able to send MMS, and we'll see how the call dropping goes now. I can say one thing about my storm. It's been the most reliable phone I have owned sense my old Motorola Timeport. However I am seriously thinking about the new htc Incredible. I played around with one today in the VZW store, and was impressed (Damn the browser is fast), but I still have some more research to do before I decide.
    I played with a friends htc incredible. Seems like a nice phone. I will never own one
    05-17-10 04:55 PM
    *sigh* i wish i had been lucky enough like you guys to have a storm that worked that actually did what a phone was supposed to do..

i couldn't sms when i wanted to , i couldn't unlock my phone when i wanted to, basically anything i wanted to do with my phone the storm decided it didn't want me doing.... and it did get worse at the end where it would shut itself off for an hour or so and people couldn't hear me on the other end ... so basically my worst experience ever with a blackberry ...

I still stuck it out since dec of 08 till now may of 10' with all those same issues but i finally got someone to resolve my issues and sent me out a storm 2 even tho the s2 is still a bit glitchy at least it lets me do what i want to like texting and calling others
    05-18-10 11:15 AM
    [QUOTE=alvaro88;5131435]*sigh* i wish i had been lucky enough like you guys to have a storm that worked that actually did what a phone was supposed to do..

i couldn't sms when i wanted to , i couldn't unlock my phone when i wanted to, basically anything i wanted to do with my phone the storm decided it didn't want me doing.... and it did get worse at the end where it would shut itself off for an hour or so and people couldn't hear me on the other end ... so basically my worst experience ever with a blackberry .../QUOTE]

You are NOT alone....
    Yes there are a few here that will say the STORM is a greatest phone ever, ant that it does everything they want.
    Or they have 28 application and still have 41MB of application memory and no lag.
    And of course the - I'm on my seventh replacement and that the STORM is the best made phone on the market...
    Or they tell you that their are no problems with the phone that it must be user error...

I still stuck it out since dec of 08 till now may of 10' with all those same issues but i finally got someone to resolve my issues and sent me out a storm 2 even tho the s2 is still a bit glitchy at least it lets me do what i want to like texting and calling others
    I think all smartphones still have problems or "glitches" that can frustrate users.

The problem with the S1 was that it was not ready to be release in the beginning, RIM rushed it out the door in order to compete with the iPhone (VERIZON who advertised it as the iPhone "killer", may have pressured RIM). So they patched together their keyboard OS to allow for a touchscreen UI. But it didn't really work very well, and because the OS was so new and untried, I guess they didn't realize that there were some hardware limitations that did not fit well with a device that was suppose to multitask.

The S1 really didn't become a decent device until about eight months after it's release, but it never really lived up to its potential.
    So I can see those that might have purchased their STORM more recently being happy with them, while many that had them from the beginning may have just a little resentment.
    05-18-10 02:14 PM
    My fourth replacement and this phone has worked better than all others. Today was the first time I've seen a hourglass.I try to stick with the apps. I really want or need. I would consider buying a storm 3 if available.
    05-18-10 07:50 PM
    I feel the same way you do so far. I am using my storm on ATT so far I haven't had any issues with it. The only thing I can remotely even think of would be, not being able to watch youtube videos. That's not enough to make me hate the phone like everyone that I have seen on here. I would really appriciate it if someone might know what is going on with my phone.

That's strange, I can actually watch youtube videos & I have a youtube app on my phone!!

Overall, I'm completely satisfied w/ my storm. I'm not even sure what phone I want to upgrade to. It's been a life-saver for me, lol.
    05-19-10 08:54 AM

My only regret is that they haven't una**ed yet and released the storm 3 (tho I doubt it is really at the production level yet.)

Yes there are 1 or 2 categories the competition is better as a choice.... if that is all you want your device to do.... But as for overall functionality, customization, etc. Even this outdated S1 is the best phone for me.

I love my storm and can't wait later this year to upgrade.

05-20-10 09:04 AM
    I miss my old Stormey. The Storm 2 has served me well though. It does everything I need it to and some. Plain and simple.
    05-24-10 09:00 AM
    I love my storm!
    I bought my wife hers when they were released then couple months later I got mine.I've NEVER had any of the issues I hear on this site with mine.BUT with my wifes I've had every problem listed. I do everything the same. I don't use every hybrid os on hers as I do mine, but I am just astonished that two identical phones can act so differently...really soured her expierence with bb's as they were our first.
    Again I love my storm but I feel the pain

06-07-10 12:26 AM
    As my siggie says I do luv my Storm The only thing that I can think of that I don't care for is the "virtual" keyboard (if that's what it's called). I have gotten into texting somewhat (not a text-junkie but I do like texting and intend to use it more). I'm also extremely fond of a flip phone which of course the Storm isn't. If they would make a Storm w/a real keyboard & a flip I'd be in Storm Heaven <g> I have a Storm I and I've read that the keyboard on a Storm II is MUCH improved so I am anxious to hit the store and try it.
    06-07-10 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD