I think Storm3 is going to be the slider!
    Think about it. Screen is about same size and it has a full keyboard. That would be advanced enough for RIM to tag it as a new Storm3. I think the 9800 is the Storm3. There is no way that RIM could have kept another device under wrap so long and possibly release it soon as it looks like the Storm2 is about to get pulled off the shelves.
    What do you all think?
    05-09-10 09:47 AM
    no its not...next
    05-09-10 09:47 AM
    How do you know?
    If the Storm2's are getting pulled where is Storm3?

no its not...next
    05-09-10 09:49 AM
    One store is pulling the S2. Not that big of a deal. 9800 is a GSM device and does not have SurePress screen. Lizardis himself confirmed only Verizon has rights to the Storm brand in the US, and Verizon is a CDMA carrier. This horse has been beat beyond death. You are wrong, sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 09:52 AM
    I might be wrong but more than a store is pulling the S2 off the shelves.
    Something is about to happen if those reports are true and we have not seen a Storm3 device in any leaks. Just wondering as the 9800 basically looks like a Storm with a keyboard. How many times something got labeled a name and at release became something else.
    05-09-10 09:57 AM
    All the shops in the UK have stopped selling the S2 and from what I see in other forums ALL stores in the U.S. have discontinued as well. So...something IS up..but the 9800 wont be the S3..it will be another 95XX model or something totally different series wise.
    05-09-10 10:04 AM
    Has the Storm name or series run it's course then?
    Another device that we have heard rumors about will take it's place? I think that would be crazy but I guess it is possible.
    05-09-10 10:09 AM
    I'm also pretty sure that the 9800 is labeled "Bold" on the back which indicates it will the 9800 Bold Slider. As previously stated its only GSM. There currently also testing it on a GSM only provider. Pretty much enough proof right there, not storm 3. However storm 3 details should start emerging most likely by summer as if there keeping on track to yearly updates for the device line would peg it for testing around that time before another winter release.

Also in regards to the Storm 2, if the details hold to what bbleaks has said about that confirmed 6.0 list from rim, then we will most likely see 6.0 before storm 3 even comes out which for me will change my mind about storm 3 until 2011 when my contract is actually up. Storm 2 is still a very capable phone in many aspects, with a good os it just grows.
    05-09-10 10:12 AM
    ok, here is a shot in the dark!
    You think that the S2 are pulled off the shelves because they are going to ship out new S2 with 6.0 on it?
    It is strange that the S2 would be pulled for no reason. Even the S1 with it's faults was on the shelves until after the S2 release and if anything S1 would have been pulled faster.
    05-09-10 10:18 AM
    Stores in the USA are still selling the Storm2 for sure. BestBuy is the only one I have heard that is not any longer.
    05-09-10 10:20 AM
    Storm 2 aint going anywhere for a while... Its a fall back if the new devices fail. The s3 is going to be nicknamed the nano I believe not sure about anything else. Storm 2 though is the first successful click screen.. Its not going anywhere for a while.
    05-09-10 10:37 AM
    The storm 2 will be around for a while Its been a great phone for me
    05-09-10 10:43 AM
    Storm 3 will NOT have "keyboard" in the traditional sense. Storm moniker will always have surepress, IMO. Anything with full keyboard will always have a different name.
    05-09-10 10:51 AM
    Bell JUST got the S2 up here, and Telus is still selling them in full force. The Storm2 isn't going anywhere, and that nasty slider will never ever be a Storm.
    05-09-10 10:56 AM
    Hi,
    Amazon Uk is still advertising the Storm 2 at the full price (ie no reductions) A sure sign that it is NOT being pulled in a hurry over here in the UK.
    Ron, Wales, UK
    05-09-10 11:04 AM
    I think Storm3 is going to be the slider!
    Think about it. Screen is about same size and it has a full keyboard. That would be advanced enough for RIM to tag it as a new Storm3. I think the 9800 is the Storm3. There is no way that RIM could have kept another device under wrap so long and possibly release it soon as it looks like the Storm2 is about to get pulled off the shelves.
    What do you all think?
    Watch the video...
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...impse#comments

You'll notice on the back; it says "Bold"
    05-09-10 11:37 AM
    All the shops in the UK have stopped selling the S2 and from what I see in other forums ALL stores in the U.S. have discontinued as well. So...something IS up..but the 9800 wont be the S3..it will be another 95XX model or something totally different series wise.
    Bell Canada just started selling Storm2 last month.
    Maybe they are using up all the stock, so there's none left for the rest of the world
    05-09-10 11:40 AM
    Why do people want the Storm series to have a keyboard? I mean, can't RIM have different flavors for different tastes. If you want a keyboard get a different device, RIM has plenty. I think the Storm series should stay touch screen (and hopefully lose the surepress).
    05-09-10 11:50 AM
    Why do people want the Storm series to have a keyboard? I mean, can't RIM have different flavors for different tastes. If you want a keyboard get a different device, RIM has plenty. I think the Storm series should stay touch screen (and hopefully lose the surepress).
    I agree, I think it's great that RIM offers something for everyone.
    Physical keyboard, touchscreen, or both (slider). They will now have a complete line of phones that will cater to all tastes.

Friday afternoon, a friend (still using a dumb phone) was asking me about my Storm2. I showed him some of the things my phone did and how much I liked it. He said he wasn't a big fan of touch screens (didn't like the iphone). We walked down the street to the local BB dealer. I showed him the Bold. He bought it on the spot.
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 05-09-10 at 11:58 AM.
    05-09-10 11:54 AM
    no its not...next
    well said. i think someone here made it clear that it is going to be with the Bold family. plus storms been known as their all touch screen device. we'll probably see leaked pics of the s3 around July or august, and start sales around nov. or dec. like all the other storms.
    05-09-10 01:22 PM
    slider phones are for teenaged girls in highs screwell to text each other. i doubt rim will make the storm3 a slider. if they do i will be selecting a different brand of phone when it's time for me to upgrade again.
    05-10-10 07:46 AM
    I think the new storm model will be 9570. Just a guess since 9530+20=9550+20=9570.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 08:03 AM
    Love my S2 but I'm sitting here waiting for my new non-slider S3.
    05-10-10 08:06 AM
    Ditto that!

I would love a bigger screen though. maybe about a 4.0" and something..

Love my S2 but I'm sitting here waiting for my new non-slider S3.
    05-10-10 08:11 AM
    The leaked video clearly shows BOLD branding on the slider, so there is no question that it is not the S3.

Also heard the Verizon has exclusivity on the "Storm" name in the US, so wouldn't make sense for RIM to release under that branding...
    05-10-10 09:45 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD