I'm pretty noob but I did search for this..
    9000/5.0.0.509 - I have shortcuts set up and QL works fine except it seems there are already shortcuts on by default which I can't find to turn off (ie. I have U set up to launch ubertwitter but launches calculator)

Thanks for the help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 06:24 AM
    You have dialing from the home screen disabled. To re enable press your green phone button to get to the screen to dial out. Press the blackberry button and go to options then general options. There is a dial from home screen option here. Change it to yes. Save changes. Now U won't launch calc.

I have my phone setup the way yours is with the built in shortcuts, so u also launches my calculator. For quicklaunch to launch ubertwitter you must first launch quicklaunch then press U for ubertwitter. Most themes you can press spacebar then the letter you defined in quicklaunch to launch your app. The newest version of QL also let's you define what letter launches quicklaunch as well, so if space doesn't work you can manually set quicklaunch to space or any other key. Hope that helps.

05-09-10 07:09 AM
    Hm alright thanks for the info here's what I did, I enabled dial from home screen and was unable to launch anything from the shortcuts, so I disabled it again set QL back to q and ubertwitter to u so to launch it I hit qu , pretty B) still and works for me thanks for your tip

05-09-10 08:04 AM
    Also I thought I read somewhre you could use multiple letters to set a shortcut but can't quite figure that out xD once I get on the computer ill have to do a more in depth searchh

05-09-10 08:16 AM
    I have Quicklaunch set up with single- and multi-key shortcuts. I launch QL with my left convienience key and type NA for new appointment, NT for new text message, V for video recorder, etc. The main point to Eric here is that you have to open Quicklaunch to use the shortcuts. I use the left conv. key, and some themes use the spacebar, though only on the home screen. For me, left key+T=Twitter.

05-09-10 09:10 AM
    Ok this is perfect , that's the added info I was lookin for, thanks!

05-09-10 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD