This is just a heads up for those who might be unaware that Opera, apparently, releases new builds without making said releases transparent. In the BB browser on my S1, I just happened to hit the OM download link and noticed the *size* of the download changed (from the last time I looked which, admittedly, was quite some time).

Anyway, I noted my current build as something like .18633 and went ahead and downloaded OM from the link. Of course, I was asked if I wanted to "replace 5.0 with 5.0" and hit "OK". After a reboot, I noticed the build was different (.19692). Also (of course) I have not been able to locate a changelog of any kind.

Regardless, if you're having issues, you might want to give the new build a shot (obviously, no guarantee any are resolved in the new(er) build). Otherwise, just file this in the FWIW department.
    05-08-10 03:50 PM
    prius04,
    Thanks for the heads up. The .19692 version d/l went OK. Its complete bio is located at the opera community/opera mini/silent update tab.
    05-08-10 06:07 PM
    Thanks, horseshoe!

So, we now have a definition:

A "silent" update is just "patched" update of the current release. To put it another way: Buggy Opera Mini 5 final + silent update = Fixed Opera Mini 5 final"

and a changelog:

* RSS feed links should now appear at the top of pages again.
    * RTL (Right To Left) languages should now display properly on phones with supported fonts.
    * Problems with daylight savings time have been fixed.
    * Some problems with keypad text input have been fixed.
    05-08-10 07:09 PM
    When you installed the new build over the previous one, did your bookmarks and speed shortcuts get deleted?
    05-09-10 10:26 PM
    Just downloaded it. So far have to see if they fixed the test entry. That is why I uninstalled it. What good is a browser on a BB if you can't post to CB.

Anyone else seeing the bottom nav bar not going back to the bottom when the virtual keyboard drops? I keep having to change orientation to get past that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 07:43 AM
    When you installed the new build over the previous one, did your bookmarks and speed shortcuts get deleted?
    Nope, mine did not get deleted. However, I use Opera Link and that certainly could have been the reason why everything appeared exactly as it was prior to upgrading.

Anyone else seeing the bottom nav bar not going back to the bottom when the virtual keyboard drops?
    Not seeing that but then I'm still on .328.
    05-10-10 10:14 AM
    This new build allows me to post this. My b/marks and s/cuts were also preserved. Keyboard is working. I use 328 like prius04.

05-10-10 10:28 AM
    The only challenge is to swipe away the virtual keyboard once the typing is finished. The finger swipe doesn't seem to swipe away as easily as before.
    05-10-10 10:30 AM
    ...The finger swipe doesn't seem to swipe away as easily as before.
    Agree. Frankly, although it's a bit more difficult with this build, I also had issues in the previous build (consistency, mostly). As a result, I gave up and just started using the Escape key.
    05-10-10 11:00 AM
    Thanks. Am trying that key now.

05-10-10 11:14 AM
    That worked great.

05-10-10 11:15 AM
    Agree. Frankly, although it's a bit more difficult with this build, I also had issues in the previous build (consistency, mostly). As a result, I gave up and just started using the Escape key.
    Where is the escape key?

So far posting is working well. I am just having issues with the adjustments when the virt keyboard closes and then changing orientation seems to leave space at the bottom or side of the screen until the page is redrawn for a refresh or going to a new page. Kind of annoying so I think I may need to see if a battery pull solves that.

05-10-10 04:16 PM
    Yep, finally the posting bug is gone. I can now post in forums, etc, without having everything in the text field disappear.
    05-10-10 04:29 PM
    Where is the escape key?
    Oh, that's the hard key immediately to the left of the End/Power (red telephone) key. Give it a shot......perhaps you'll prefer using that over the swipe.
    05-10-10 04:33 PM
    not to sideline this post - but does anyone know how to get Opera to accept an expired certificate - my work has an expired webmail certificate for its server.
    05-10-10 05:42 PM
    not to sideline this post - but does anyone know how to get Opera to accept an expired certificate - my work has an expired webmail certificate for its server.
    Battscrew:
    Your question is interesting so I looked up the 'expired certificate' at the Opera community site, then the Opera Mini link, then typed that into search function. Several folks have asked the same. One person said that the link to be allowed took several seconds to go from greyed out to enabled. Another said the 10.52 version helped alot in solving their issue. Maybe you should go into that forum and read there and perhaps ask same question if an answer isn't available. In any case there are several posts on that topic.
    05-10-10 08:25 PM
    Battscrew:
    Your question is interesting so I looked up the 'expired certificate' at the Opera community site, then the Opera Mini link, then typed that into search function. Several folks have asked the same. One person said that the link to be allowed took several seconds to go from greyed out to enabled. Another said the 10.52 version helped alot in solving their issue. Maybe you should go into that forum and read there and perhaps ask same question if an answer isn't available. In any case there are several posts on that topic.
    I'll give it a shot - thanks
    05-10-10 09:55 PM
    So far this new build is working great. The escape key removes the virt keyboard which is nice. Only defect I am seeing so far is that when the keyboard drops the screen does not recover that space. I have to change the orientation to get it back to full screen. Also when changing orientation sometimes the screen stays blank on the bottom side where the hard keys are on the S1. Like it is leaving room for my bottom dock of icons. I am not running any themes and have done a batt pull since install and both problems persist.

05-11-10 06:46 AM
    Cursed myself. Just lost 2 posts due that text bug. Seems not to be working so well!

05-11-10 07:27 AM
    Engine,
    Am testing what you describe. Posting now.

05-11-10 08:55 AM
    Engine,
    I could not duplicate your bug. My k/board leaves w/the escape key and the bottom screen fills in w/out issue.
    The Opera forum may have the specific solutions you are having?

05-11-10 08:57 AM
    After being frustrated with the slow scrolling in 5.0 I went back to 4.2. Has there been any change to that issue recently?

I liked 5.0 for everything except for that and would really like to upgrade again.....
    05-11-10 11:03 AM
    Engine,
    I could not duplicate your bug. My k/board leaves w/the escape key and the bottom screen fills in w/out issue.
    The Opera forum may have the specific solutions you are having?

Thanks. It is a minor nuisance. But I will check in the Opera forumns
    05-11-10 11:53 AM
    There was one other poster with similar issue to what I am seeing:

Still doesn't fix the bug on my Storm 2: After I submit text and the virtual keyboard hides, the screen space the keyboard took up doesn't get reclaimed until I rotate my BB. After a rotation (or more usually a rotation and back), everything is fine.

Not a deal breaker, but still annoying.

(Blackberry Storm 2 v5.0.0.607 on VZW, running OM v5.0.19692 from this latest download)

-jk
    Doesn't look like the Opera folks addressed that comment.
    05-11-10 11:59 AM
    Thanks. It is a minor nuisance. But I will check in the Opera forumns
    There is an interesting conversation about the latest "silent update" that has some people with similar issues you are having. Found at my.opera.com/community/forums/opera mini/silent update.
    05-11-10 12:00 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD