I woke up today to find my touch screen glitching. When I try to click on any icon in the bottom dock, it highlights the clock up at the top. I cant click on anything and battery pulls dont really do anything.

Any ideas?
    05-08-10 02:33 PM
    Drag your finger around your screen.
    Is it that you're fingers are too cold for electricity to run through your fingers?
    Try to drag your finger around your screen. If all else fails then try reloading the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 11:27 PM
    In my experience this happens when the digitizer has moved from the Screen itself. If reloading the OS does not fix it then its a hardware issue not software...
    You can either try to put the Digitizer back in place or order a new screen...
    05-09-10 03:06 PM
    Mine did this two weeks ago... went into the Verizon store and was given a replacement under warranty, no insurance deductible involved.

Was given the option to upgrade to the S2 for $99 or to an Incredible for a few hundred dollars. Decided to wait a few more months and see what happens on the LTE front or see if the S3 is coming or maybe the iPhone.
    05-11-10 02:22 PM
    i have a blackberry storm 9530 unlocked too and mine has been like this for 3 weeks i took it back where i bought it n they could not fix it if u no away to fix this please tell me its very frustrating without my storm
    05-12-10 07:41 PM
    i have a blackberry storm 9530 unlocked too and mine has been like this for 3 weeks i took it back where i bought it n they could not fix it if u no away to fix this please tell me its very frustrating without my storm
    Folks, I too had this problem this past weekend, and did a bunch of research. If you search the Crackberry archives, you'll see so many folks have had their screens go out. It seems if your Storm lives long enough, it will inevitably happen to you. Mine started by distorting, then soon after, when typing it would lag and hang, and nothing I pushed would work. Then ultimately it would freeze after the backlight timed out, it was impossible to get it to light back up again. I reinstalled the OS several times with no help. I could still hear my email and texts coming in, and the camera still worked, so I knew it was a hardware issue.

I was out of warranty, so the only solution was to buy a new Storm, or replace the screen on my existing (either myself or using a 3rd party repair).

So... I ended up buying a new screen for it. No sooner did I do this, then I was given the opportunity to jump to an Incredible Android at a great price.

So, I have a brand new, unopened 9530 screen for sale for what it cost me (about $60.00 including shipping). If anyone is interested, I'll happily sell it. It's a relatively easy replacement fix. You only need a torx 6 driver and some patience.

PM me if you're interested.
    05-13-10 10:35 AM
    My 9530's screen is becoming more and more unresponsive...tried endless battery pulls, new (and no) screen protector, screen cleanings, changing sensitivities, new battery...nothing works. Have not yet messed with TORX adjustment screws, nor wiped and reinstalled everything. I press one area and get another area selected - or lots of things selected. scrolling is all but impossible. I am not touching two places at once, though it acts like I am. I have two pieces of paper under the battery. Am out of warranty. I wonder how one adjusts the digitizer? BTW - I know how to use the storm; it's the same house with the same humidity with the same fingers (tips, edges, hot cold, dry, etc) --something changed. it sucks. Verizon user about to get Droid X.
    Last edited by lucky1thanx; 01-28-11 at 01:09 PM.
    01-28-11 12:36 PM
    I bet you have used a different charger, not the RIM charger. I had the exact same problem and had to replace my display to get rid of it. It cost me $85! However, my screen is kinda glitching again, but no unresponsiveness. It occurs only while typing on my one. When I'm typing, the screen glitches like an late 60's movie!!! That old TV look comes. But I can type without any problems! Good luck bro....
    11-11-11 08:52 PM
    Folks, I too had this problem this past weekend, and did a bunch of research. If you search the Crackberry archives, you'll see so many folks have had their screens go out. It seems if your Storm lives long enough, it will inevitably happen to you. Mine started by distorting, then soon after, when typing it would lag and hang, and nothing I pushed would work. Then ultimately it would freeze after the backlight timed out, it was impossible to get it to light back up again. I reinstalled the OS several times with no help. I could still hear my email and texts coming in, and the camera still worked, so I knew it was a hardware issue.

I was out of warranty, so the only solution was to buy a new Storm, or replace the screen on my existing (either myself or using a 3rd party repair).

So... I ended up buying a new screen for it. No sooner did I do this, then I was given the opportunity to jump to an Incredible Android at a great price.

So, I have a brand new, unopened 9530 screen for sale for what it cost me (about $60.00 including shipping). If anyone is interested, I'll happily sell it. It's a relatively easy replacement fix. You only need a torx 6 driver and some patience.

PM me if you're interested.
    Same problem, except i changed my screen, and its still doing it! Ive come to the conclusion the its a hardware issue in the main board. Time for a new phone!
    12-11-11 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD