I remember back in March i believe, there was news about Facebook 1.8 being released in May, anybody hear anything else on that recently?
    05-07-10 07:15 PM
    Good reminder. No news from what I heard.
    05-07-10 08:07 PM
    In my personal opinion MySpace.com = Dead
    05-07-10 08:49 PM
    I remember back in March i believe, there was news about Facebook 1.8 being released in May, anybody hear anything else on that recently?
    Nope. I haven't heard about the update either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 09:08 PM
    True! True! Even though I got a myspace page but use it that much
    I got rid of mine last year. :P
    I remember when facebook first came out and I was trying to get my friends migrated over... soon enough most of my friends dropped myspace all together...
    05-07-10 10:01 PM
    Jesse james still uses his myspace. Hehe

In all seriousness, I don't even wait for a fb update. They all suck

05-08-10 08:14 AM
    Seriously when will they come up with v1.8?
    Touch.facebook.com is fantastic... It made bb fb v1.7 looked like last decade

05-08-10 08:22 AM
    Facebook is so bad on my bb its sad like I don't even use facebook at all now

05-08-10 12:01 PM
    even if a new version comes out I'm not holding out for major improvements lol
    05-08-10 03:28 PM
    lol my notifications stopped
    05-08-10 09:06 PM
    My notifications haven't been coming in either! I thought it was maybe just my device/account but maybe not...

05-08-10 09:21 PM
    Yea facebook app is just pitfull on blackberry like we supposed to be top of the line and they leave us with a app like that!

05-08-10 09:24 PM
    i have no idea what the problems are evryone is having. everyday theres new threads about facebook problems. what are they? am i the only person who doesnt have them or do i just not use the part thats messed up?
    05-09-10 12:07 PM
    i have no idea what the problems are evryone is having. everyday theres new threads about facebook problems. what are they? am i the only person who doesnt have them or do i just not use the part thats messed up?
    So your saying you have no problems? I'm just saying it is a worthless app and was sloppy how it was put together....

05-09-10 12:16 PM
    You're having NO problems? I'm not going to say you are lying, but are you sure??? It is by far the worst app out there developed for the BB. It's buggy, laggy and even ties up the BB for a couple of minutes AFTER the app is closed.

And even if the bugs are worked out, and the lagginess (is that a word? haha) is gone, the app still provides far too few features.

It is a horrendously developed app and should never have been released. It's THAT bad.
    05-09-10 02:00 PM
    Agreed. I use m.facebook.com. If you want to look at photos, then x.facebook.com might be better. Either of them destroys the FB app.

I really would love to delete the app except it does have the "Send to Facebook" option for photos, which works pretty well.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-09-10 02:20 PM
    You're having NO problems? I'm not going to say you are lying, but are you sure??? It is by far the worst app out there developed for the BB. It's buggy, laggy and even ties up the BB for a couple of minutes AFTER the app is closed.

And even if the bugs are worked out, and the lagginess (is that a word? haha) is gone, the app still provides far too few features.

It is a horrendously developed app and should never have been released. It's THAT bad.

I couldn't have put it any better myself!!

05-09-10 02:31 PM
    I couldn't have put it any better myself!!

agreed!! (10char)
    05-09-10 03:13 PM
    This app has to be one of the worst apps on my bold!! There is always some problem of connecting to facebook or just freezing!!
    05-09-10 03:28 PM
    I heard that iphone with facebook client is far better than BB with facebook 1.7 sucks, jerky scroll, facebook need update new complete ground up new version 2.0 with all UI graphic, better responsiveness, or I will switch from BB to HTC I have been thinking about getting HD2 or else. (drooling at HD2).

Just my 2 cents.

dg
    05-09-10 06:49 PM
    I'm sorry but I am not going to switch phones based entirely on Facebook.
    05-09-10 06:51 PM
    FB for BlackBerry is a complete joke. They update it once a year or so with one or two new "features", and think it's enough. There is a reason it has 2/5 stars in the BB App World. There is a real problem when m.facebook.com obliterates an app made by RIM themselves. I think the problem is that Facebook doesn't actually develop the app as they do for iPhone, RIM develops the BB app. I assume that Facebook would, but they don't get access to the APIs that RIM obviously does.

My idea: open up the APIs to Facebook or whatever RIM seems to be holding back from them, and let FB work their magic. I believe Facebook developed the apps for nearly every other smartphone manufacturer, so why does BlackBerry get no love?

Blackberry is 41% of the US smartphone market, while iPhone is 17%. Yet no one thinks it's important for us to have a working Facebook app. Make sense to anyone?

Okay, rant over. Off to go check m.facebook.com
    05-10-10 01:56 AM
    app is dreadful but I still keep it to upload photos and stuff. When it works, it's not bad. But it perpetually insists on updating friends which practically crashes my BB.
    05-10-10 02:40 AM
    ok so the few "issues" stated are all the problems with the app, none of those ive noticed and still dont. what ever its supposed to do other then what i do with iti dont know, but i know what i do with it it does ok by me. i guess im just more excepting of menial flaws.

and the rare occasions when it seems to lag i just figure its my connection/signal or lack of depending on where i am since i get that with pandora,slacker, the browser, sms and mms, shazam, and whatever else
    so, sorry i dont have anything to complain about with this app i guess. so im punching out of this thread
    05-10-10 10:56 AM
    Take a look at the 9670 hands on video. You can see, at 2:29, that the device has Facebook 1.8.0.22 installed. So, it is definitely out there.

edit: Hands-On Video Of The BlackBerry 9670 Running BlackBerry 6 | The Cellular Guru

edit2: After I looked at it again (and again), that might be 1.7.0.22 that we already have It looks like an 8, but the image is too blurry to be certain.
    Last edited by robnhl; 05-10-10 at 11:26 AM.
    05-10-10 11:11 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD