ive tried hybrids and the official stuff, but every 5.0 i try still has broweser click. does anyone know of something i can use thats not having any browser click issues
    05-06-10 09:38 PM
    Try .419 or .230 cause I had no issues with either of those.
    05-06-10 10:07 PM
    try the new .6xx leaks.
    05-06-10 10:48 PM
    I think 5.0.0.643 is best right now.
    05-06-10 11:40 PM
    i'm on the .662 and really liking it - batt life is great and memory is fine. haven't tried the .643 yet though
    05-07-10 12:09 AM
    i have had the brower click issue since it first started occuring with whatever OS leak had it. Finally, it went away with .643.
    05-07-10 08:53 AM
    I am using 5.0.0.419 with Driphter v8.2 Hybrid. Good reception, no browser click issue, decent browser speed, decent battery life. It is good enough right now for me to stick with it over one of the new 5.0.0.6xx releases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 09:47 AM
    I was going to try a hybrid, as discussed on these forums to upgrade from the 4.7 I had on my Tour, but a friend talked me into the official Verizon upgrade. I should have listened to you all here Spent hours going thru forums, couldn't download the bbsak, couldn't download an earlier version, wanted the hybrid 634 mentioned, but I couldn't get it. Then spent hours working with the Verizon tech who couldn't even get a BB tech to join us to help with the uncaught java lang exception error I kept getting if I used the browser. Wiped the device and then put the backup on and still had the error. Deleted a bunch of 3rd party aps, and haven't used the browser yet. They are mailing me a new Tour (the first time I've had an issue with it in the almost year I've had it). They said that sometimes the software didn't load correctly on a certain unit. I asked if I could put a different version on the phone, but he said that the os was already on the phone, all we were doing was putting the backup stuff back on.
    I'm not the geek I thought I was due to this futile attempt to upgrade on my own. I looked at the BB 101 threads, the forums, and still froze the phone up a few times.
    It seems to be working right now, but I haven't tried the browser yet. Email is ok. I'm updating a program that was wiped, and that seems to be connecting.
    Just another sad story of the official .591 for Verizon Tour.
    05-07-10 10:48 AM
    I was going to try a hybrid, as discussed on these forums to upgrade from the 4.7 I had on my Tour, but a friend talked me into the official Verizon upgrade. I should have listened to you all here Spent hours going thru forums, couldn't download the bbsak, couldn't download an earlier version, wanted the hybrid 634 mentioned, but I couldn't get it. Then spent hours working with the Verizon tech who couldn't even get a BB tech to join us to help with the uncaught java lang exception error I kept getting if I used the browser. Wiped the device and then put the backup on and still had the error. Deleted a bunch of 3rd party aps, and haven't used the browser yet. They are mailing me a new Tour (the first time I've had an issue with it in the almost year I've had it). They said that sometimes the software didn't load correctly on a certain unit. I asked if I could put a different version on the phone, but he said that the os was already on the phone, all we were doing was putting the backup stuff back on.
    I'm not the geek I thought I was due to this futile attempt to upgrade on my own. I looked at the BB 101 threads, the forums, and still froze the phone up a few times.
    It seems to be working right now, but I haven't tried the browser yet. Email is ok. I'm updating a program that was wiped, and that seems to be connecting.
    Just another sad story of the official .591 for Verizon Tour.

Well, sounds like you had a first hand experience in MISGUIDED knowledge. I love how people who consistantly talk bad about hybrids don't have the slightest clue as to what exactly they should be expecting from the hybrid. next time you want a hybrid put on your phone, come over to BBHybrids.net and the people who are actually building the hybrids everyone else is using, will help you and not screw you, which is what you got, thank your buddy for that one. And yes, your Tour is fine and can be fixed, there's nothing wrong with it, it's SOFTWARE. It can be over-written and replaced and the problem can be fixed.

The browser link click issue is present in ANY .5xx radio file, no way around it, either don't load it or deal with it.
    05-07-10 10:59 AM
    Do you have to delete the vendor XML file for the .643 version?
    05-07-10 11:10 AM
    Do you have to delete the vendor XML file for the .643 version?
    No since you are with Verizon and it is a Verizon leak you don't have to but you can if you want.
    05-07-10 11:30 AM
    I have been on 662 since it came out and it is flawless!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 11:40 AM
    anybody with link to the 643. Im going to try one more time. thanks for all the advice everybody
    05-07-10 01:32 PM
    Shuckstyle 624 OFFICIAL RADIO AND JAVA RELEASE

Uses second release of 591 and shucks hybrid Running smooth for me and no browser click at all. Batt seems pretty good also

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/shu...elease-461873/
    05-07-10 01:44 PM
    all links to 643 are unavailable
    05-07-10 01:50 PM
    every leaked os i try on any site is unavilable. what gives
    05-07-10 01:56 PM
    i think i can send it off. Never have luck uploading to download sites. So if someone can tell me how to hand it off to the proper people i will be more the willing to hand off my 643 file
    05-07-10 02:06 PM
    every leaked os i try on any site is unavilable. what gives

There's 2 entire sections of this forum that deal with OS stuff.

I'm an OS/Hybrid noob and was able to get 643 installed with no problems at all, but you do have to do some research first. There are links to download the OS install files.
    05-07-10 02:32 PM
    I like 643 too. I think it's the new Verizon OS coming soon because it said Verizon on the download link. Whoo!
    05-07-10 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD