I just did a wireless update for a friend of mine on his Verizon 8330 and lost the BBM icon. I sent a message to him and it was delivered but couldn't find it on his. Looked in applications and it showed 4.5 BBM but still can't find it after multiple batt pulls. Called Verizon and they said just dl the BBM 5.0 so I did and got the icon back but can't open it. Can't even find it in the applications list.
    I feel bad for screwing up my friends phone. PLease HELP!!!
    05-06-10 08:08 PM
    Neither BBM 4.5 nor 5.0 in the applications list?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 08:40 PM
    yup, neither even though there is a BBM icon on the screen. When I hover over the icon and click nothing happens. I sent it a message and I see the evidence that it came through.
    05-06-10 08:48 PM
    See if your friend did a back up on Desktop Manager, and restore the bb.

05-06-10 09:01 PM
    ...Try re-sending service books

05-06-10 09:06 PM
    I own a Storm2 9550 so I'm not used to the real button phones but I would have assumed it would be the same as mine. But when I pull up serv. books and hit bb button the only option I have is close and I think delete. But not resend. This is like the twilight zone. I may have to crackmem it and start over, I really hate to cause it's not my phone but I wish I could find a viable option besides that.
    05-06-10 09:26 PM
    If you upgraded to 5.0, it will be located in the Icon Instant Messaging. Is it 5.0?

05-06-10 09:45 PM
    No, the newest Verizon update that I now of right now (for 8330) is 4.5.0.175 and it's friends phone. I don't mind doing leaks on mine but he's not comfortable with it. of course maybe I'm wrong on it being the newest update too.
    05-06-10 09:56 PM
    5.0 has it in the instant messaging folder, also in the app screen (the on you get when you hit the bb buton at homescreen) make sure show all is selected and look then.
    To resend service books and junk go to option/advanced options/host routing table / bb button / register.
    Then make sure his email is set up. Give it a few minutes and do one more battery pull. It should work after that.
    If not try and download it from app world?

05-06-10 09:57 PM
    just go to BlackBerry Messenger – BBM an Instant Messaging App and download it if you cant find it
    05-06-10 10:03 PM
    Also he may be "uncomfortable" with leaks, but I seriously recommend going to Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home of the Hybrids and installing their 5.0 hybrid. I've never had a better os, EVER. I've even upgrade nearly 8 of my friends 8330's with it and they all say it was one of the best things they ever did to their berry.

Seriously its 5.0 with 30mb free space or more at start up, stupid fast browser, great battery and threaded sms! (plus under 5 minute boot times)
    Really though do some convincing? Do the upgrade, follow the simple tutorial on the sight, its well worth it and more.

One simple thing to remember if you do go through with it is if he wants themes he has to go to the 8500 theme section and download 5.0 themes from there o and apps have to be 5.0 compatible, again look for an app that supports an 8530 with os 5.0 and it'll work on this hybrid like a charm. That's pretty much it. Pin me if you have my questions? pin:31F8F344

05-06-10 10:04 PM
    I'll be working on this tomorrow, so I'll post what I find then. Thanks for all the help
    05-07-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD