OK awhile back I had a problem w/ ubertwitter, I set my tones in the profile, it worked fine, then as soon as I rebooted the phone all the sounds for UT reverted to silent. so I'd re-do it all. It kept happening. I didn't know if it was a phone problem or UT problem. Then I deleted UT cause it wanted me to upgrade and I was trying a different app.
    Now I just got social scope and the same thing is happening. I set my tones, rebooted, and now it's all set back to silent. Other tones like sms's are fine, they stay set.
    What the heck, has anyone had this problem?
    05-06-10 07:31 PM
    I've had a similar problem with ubertwitter. I've changed the notification sound alert and it never makes a sound. I haven't really looked into it, because I just set a custom led alert using berrybuzz and that was the end of the problem. Because the led notification is good enough for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 07:42 PM
    Uber had a definite problem, which is why I became a beta tester for them. SS I can't say, but it's probably the same. Write them, and see what they say about it.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-06-10 07:47 PM
    but the problem now isn't with UT, it's with social scope, and I think it's actually my phone. I upgraded SS also this week and it's still happening.. what can I do? Every time I reboot I have to set the sound profile all over again, that should not be happening.
    05-09-10 02:13 PM
    Have you written to SS support?

Happy Day
    From TBL, home of the
    "We Got Your Mom Dookie Faced
    on Mother's Day" mimosa special

05-09-10 03:13 PM
    This used to happen to me too on the original OS that came on my Bold. I've since updated the OS and all is fine.
    05-09-10 03:17 PM
    Are you modifying a default sound profile or creating your own? I had similar issues when modifying a default profile but all that went away when I created a new custom profile.

05-09-10 04:48 PM
    I noticed it was happening to another app too. It's my phone. I don't want to set another profile, it goes to the bottom of the list. I'll try updating my OS actually I was going to ask if the leaked out newest one was working for everyone..
    Last edited by gemsong; 05-09-10 at 05:37 PM.
    05-09-10 05:24 PM
    To each his own but if you create a new profile and set everything up as you like, your problem just might go away. Is it just a real big deal custom profiles are listed at the very bottom, LOL? Most themes including the default themes have an icon where you can easily select the profile you wish.

My problems started when switching between silent and a default profile I had modified. Even though my changes were saved, they went back to defaults after switching to vibrate then back to modified normal. Once I created my custom profile, that has not happened.

05-09-10 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD