I doubt I'm the only one doing this but I'm leaving Blackberry for Android. It's been a great ride, from the 8310 to the 9000, they never disappointed me. This community has been great, but I must go where the new tech is. I have deleted everything BB off my computers, so if you have one of my free themes I will not be making or supporting them anymore.

P.S. This is by far the best cell phone forum out there, the Android forum doesn't even compare.

Thanks for all the help I received from here, I will miss that.

Later.
    05-06-10 01:23 PM
    If you upgraded to the Backflip, you have my condolences.
    05-06-10 01:58 PM
    If you upgraded to the Backflip, you have my condolences.
    **** no! I got a nexus one.
    05-06-10 02:17 PM
    You will come back honey!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 07:20 PM
    Violin music please.................................
    05-06-10 07:46 PM
    You will come back honey!

Why? I hgot my first BB last March (bold 9000) and I am jumping ships soon. Tired of app memory issues and BIS outages.

I will miss the keyboard and this great forum, but I want a larger screen phone, more consumer friendly OS, more and better apps and app management.

So its the new iPhone HD(?) or a upcoming Android device.

Please don't tell me my 9000 is better.

It was a nice phone close to 2 yrs ago, but speed and technology has passed it.
    05-07-10 02:14 PM
    I'm another one.

The Bold was the first phone since the Nokia 5.1 that I saw it and said I want THAT phone, not I want A phone.

Its probably the best phone I have ever owned, and has genuinely change the way I work.

The new crop of Bold replacements simply do not have whatever it is that I look for in a phone. Not sure what "it" is, but they just don't have it.

Top of the list so far is the HTC Desire, but I'm still not sure.
    05-07-10 02:38 PM
    Do you already have the N1? Please let us know how they compare. Im waiting for one of the new Motrola Droids or the Nexus Two. But I might just say F it and get a N1.
    05-07-10 07:34 PM
    I just wish they would upgrade the processor to 1Ghz in the same body of the Bold 9000. I'd be happy, for about a year longer... Thinking if the Nexus One will be what I want, but I just can't put down the physical keyboard!!

05-08-10 09:51 PM
    I absolutely love my 9000, but I too will be switching to an Android phone if AT&T will carry a good one and not limit it's capabilities. I am also tired of the memory issues.

lex82: Please post your review and comparison of your N1 to the BB, that's another option if AT&T doesn't come through.
    05-08-10 09:58 PM
    Im also going to be switching to either an iPhone or a HTC desire (if rogers gets it). This was my first smart phone and blackberry. I love the call quality, keyboard and battery life. But way too many other problems. This is my third bold in a year under the warranty replacement. All kinds of issues with trackballs, standby button, memory issues, battery door (having to use a business card). I want a phone that just works and don't have to constantly babysit it worrying about memory issues. I know getting the new bold 9700 would most probably solve all these issues but its way too small (keyboard and screen) and the speakers are worse. I really think RIM is falling behind badly and will definitely be out of the game of the top 3 within a year.
    05-09-10 02:18 AM
    I love BB's will probably stick it out until os 6.0, but if I'm gonna leave BB it will be for Android, or Web os.
    05-09-10 06:10 PM
    I've had the N1 for a little over two weeks now and I have to say it's great. The app market is easy to use and the 1 ghz processor makes everything super fast. The one thing I miss is push notifications and email. I don't think any device out there can compare to the email capabilities on a BB. I still like having a physical keyboard, but I'm willing to sacrifice that for the N1. For everyone that already use Google for email, maps, calender, voice, and all the other services the N1 makes it way easier to use those services. The speech to text works well if there's no background noise. I'm just like a lot of the Bold 9000 users out there. At the time the Bold was the greatest phone out there, but now it's struggling to keep up, and knowing that the 9000 won't be able to get 6.0 makes it obsolete to me.
    05-10-10 02:28 PM
    You CAN still hang here. We do have an Android section
    05-10-10 02:30 PM
    You CAN still hang here. We do have an Android section
    This is a great forum, I think I'll have to check that out.
    05-10-10 03:13 PM
    and knowing that the 9000 won't be able to get 6.0 makes it obsolete to me.
    has it been verified that 9000 will for sure not be able to run 6.0? I guess with the app memory that it probably wouldnt be able to, but havent seen anything that said for sure.
    05-11-10 01:39 AM
    I have had pretty much every Blackberry I could think of, and have switched to android a couple times, with the G1, Mytouch, and yes they are nice and apps are more abundant but still always come back to the BB just the form factor, and reliability... Couldnt stand the speed on the Android but I guess you can rule that part out on the Nexus one.. I was thinking of giving it a shot or the HD2 just cause of that sexy screen lol
    05-11-10 11:17 AM
    As an owner of both platforms, I can't give up BB for Android so I keep them both.

You will enjoy the N1.
    05-11-10 01:27 PM
    the hd2 is probably the worst phone that exists....i had that phone for 3 weeks..and ive never hated a phone more...i went straight back to my bold and sold the hd2...the only phone i might give it up for is the nexus..other than that...no way
    05-16-10 11:47 AM
    I would wait for the slider. I think that it is going to be a beast of a device. I'm picking it as device of the year over the EVO and iPhone 4G.

05-16-10 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD