Just a heads up for you guys, looks like Virgin Mobile is upping the ante, or lowering, so to speak, starting next week (5/12)

They're offering a $35/month prepaid plan that including unlimited web, unlimited messaging, and 300 voice minutes a month, on a BlackBerry. You'll have to pay for the phone out of pocket, but that's always the case with prepaid. A great deal for many on that prefer prepaid.

Sprint Lures Text-Obsessed With Cheaper Mobile Plans (Update1) - BusinessWeek
    05-06-10 12:35 PM
    for those with good native Sprint coverage, this is a good deal, especially if one does not talk much monthly.

Is the cost of the blackberry 8530 similar to the boost-branded 8330 or more?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 11:04 PM
    This is really tempting for me. Switching to this plan would cut my bill in half.

05-11-10 02:20 AM
    Is the cost of the blackberry 8530 similar to the boost-branded 8330 or more?

It's $300, so $50 more than retail, or $100 more considering you can purchase a new Boost-Berry for ~$200 on eBay.
    05-17-10 07:17 PM
    Thinking about moving to a Curve 8530 w/Virgin.

My main question knowing zero about BBs is about email and possibly this plan. Can I use the Google email app to set up a somewhat "smart" client or am I limted to using Google's web interface? I have read that Virgin does not offer some of the services needed to fully utalize my BB based email so the web interfact might be it.

Not looking to connect to Exchange, only gmail.

Any other comments about this plan and features that might be missing would be helpful.

Thanks,
    05-22-10 11:36 AM
    Andleer - where have you read about limitations on Virgin Mobile's upcoming BB service?
    05-23-10 11:17 PM
    Thinking about moving to a Curve 8530 w/Virgin.

My main question knowing zero about BBs is about email and possibly this plan. Can I use the Google email app to set up a somewhat "smart" client or am I limted to using Google's web interface? I have read that Virgin does not offer some of the services needed to fully utalize my BB based email so the web interfact might be it.
    I've been a Virgin user for about 4 years, and just got the Curve 8530 about 10 days ago. Porting my number and activation was painless. Running the e-mail setup lets you specify Google - I get e-mails from gmail when they arrive in my mailbox, and I don't go through the website to do it. It was/is very straightforward and to be honest, simpler than I thought it would be. Of course, I use it for personal as opposed to business, but it's doing what I think you're referring to.
    06-07-10 01:19 PM
    Will this data plan work with an unlocked Blackberry Bold 9700?
    07-08-10 11:47 AM
    I am thinking about getting a prepaid blackberry too.
    07-13-10 04:10 PM
    I don't know much about CDMA vs GSM. I have a BB Curve on Sprint (CDMA). Could I use the phone that I already have for this?
    07-22-10 09:57 AM
    I read on the FAQ VM webpage that the problem with mms messages had been solved. Can anyone confirm if it is now possible to send picture messages on the virgin mobile blackberry 8530. This is the only thing keeping me from buying it.
    08-01-10 12:54 AM
    The MMS issue is solved. Virgin is pushing out a hotfix starting this weekend.

08-29-10 08:27 AM
    I just purchased the BB8530 and I LOVE it! It is my first BB. Porting my number was no problem. Setting up my e-mail and facebook was quick and easy. The best part is that I am only paying $35 a month!
    08-29-10 01:58 PM
    is it possible to activate a bb curve 8330 or even a tour 9630 on this plan? they are both CDMA devices and my verizon contract ends next month. looking to keep a smartphone going but looking to save money. sprints coverage is decent in my area so if this works, it would be great and much much cheaper than my verizon contract. thanks

08-30-10 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD