I had the idea for these battery and signal indicators the other night as I was falling asleep. I remembered them today and built a theme around them. I used 10blanco as my starting point so some of it may look familiar. Notably the custom icons that I made for 10blanco.

There is a static dock version and a hidden dock version. both have 6 user defined icons. The hidden dock version also, if you use a dark wallpaper, hides the clock/time as well. its still there, just harder to see without the white bar.

features:
    large color coded custom battery meter in %
    large color coded custom signal meter in numbers
    custom icons
    slightly wallpaper friendly*
    spacebar opens QuickLaunch
    $ key opens SMS/MMS
    hidden messages button*
    faux hidden clock*
    hidden 6 item dock*

OTA Bignumbers 5.0

OTA Bignumbers Hidden Dock 5.0

*hidden dock version only

donations are rad, I'm unemployed.
    Last edited by kirksucks; 05-06-10 at 10:00 AM.
    05-06-10 09:55 AM
    Kirk - digging the concept of this theme. It actually looks better on the screen after install than the screenshots. If would be a little more practical (for me) if you had the time as a button to the clock and if there was a weather slot or 2... But that's just me. I'll watch the thread just in case you toss out some updates. Good work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 09:47 PM
    really diggin it. you keep coming up with some sweet stuff.
    05-06-10 10:36 PM
    Thanks guys. I'll look into making these changes. Which version do you guys like as I'll probably only work on one.

05-06-10 11:03 PM
    Love all your themes kirk, this is no exception.

But I wish you liked weather slots.

Just 1! Hide-able even!

And I prefer the hidden dock version.
    05-06-10 11:04 PM
    I'm using the static dock because I use the clock constantly.

05-07-10 04:51 AM
    If I can put in my two cents, I think this theme is phenomenal already, but if you can add the clock functionality as a button on the base clock that would be awesome, but more importantly I would love it if it had a hidden today functionality to it. If future versions had the hidden today this would hands down be my everyday theme, great work!!

05-07-10 10:08 AM
    hidden today's on hidden dock themes are tough. Personally i hate hidden todays. I foresee myself getting into the same problems i did on black3 and I kinda dont wanna go there again.

I'll try and see what I can do if i get some time.

the clock thing is definitely doable in the static version, as is weather and hidden today.

and re: the clock being viewable in the hidden version, if you use a light colored wallpaper you should be fine with the hidden version.
    05-07-10 12:05 PM
    Kirk - another thing I noticed about the clock was that it isn't viewable when the phone is locked... Is that intentional?

05-07-10 02:11 PM
    05-07-10 05:53 PM
    hidden today's on hidden dock themes are tough. Personally i hate hidden todays. I foresee myself getting into the same problems i did on black3 and I kinda dont wanna go there again.
    Hi Kirk! I only have a few requests for you... Just kidding!

I have been enjoying 10black3 ever since you created it. Awesome theme! Sorry for causing you all that trouble though!

Anyway, this bignumbers and the plus themes are awesome also! I think that I will have to pester you from the plus thread

Cheers

05-08-10 07:43 PM
    Would you consider changing up the lock-screen a bit, at least on the non-hidden dock one.

I would like to see it mimicking how the home screen is more. Mostly have the bar along the bottom with the clock, etc (minus the program buttons.) Maybe move the lock thumbnail down to the bottom right corner. Also, making it where the wallpaper carries over to the lock screen when set.

Please, if you could do that it would be greatly appreciated. I have been using this theme for about a day, and I have to say it is the best one I have come across for my needs. The lock screen changes would make it perfect.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help, I would try to modify this theme, but I havent really gotten the theme designer down yet.

Thanks
    Dave
    05-17-10 12:27 AM
    Or if you would be willing to send the .thm my way, I would really appreciate it. I would like to learn, and in the past I have always modified other stuff before starting from scratch.

Thanks
    Dave
    05-17-10 12:37 AM
    for now I do not share my files. OTA for the hidden dock version updated.
    05-17-10 10:16 AM
    ok both versions updated.

Hidden Dock version - lock and call screens updated. new hourglass added
    Non-hidden version- lock and call screens updated. new hourglass and clock button added.
    05-17-10 10:22 AM
    Great so far.

Would you consider making the background user customizable in the main menu, call screen and on the lock screen?

That will make this theme the greatest. Also, any way to make the battery show in 1 or 2 percent increments, even 5 would be awesome?

Thanks for all the hard work!
    Dave

05-17-10 10:34 PM
    beautiful themes
    05-18-10 02:33 AM
    kwineon, i wish. limited by the theme software.
    05-18-10 12:50 PM
    kwineon, i wish. limited by the theme software.
    If only if only.

Would you consider making me a custom one if i pick out a background image to set for the call/lock screens?

I keep laughing at how long my phone stays at 100% battery...haha
    05-18-10 05:04 PM
    yea i know, the way it works is that it has only 10 "bars" for battery level. not intended to be % really.
    05-18-10 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD