Well it's been a while since I made a theme and to be honest I got tired of looking at what I was using. With that said, I got creative. I decided I wanted something simple yet somewhat refined. "CrimsonBerry" is the result.

SCREENSHOTS

Homescreen with navigation paths

App Screen

List screen

Phone Screen (both are similar)

FEATURES INCLUDED IN THIS THEME
    Spacebar launches QuickLaunch
    0 key launches camera
    $ key launches profiles
    Custom battery with percentages
    Custom Signal meter
    Customizable font sizes on most screens ( Yeah I figured out how to let the end user set this)
    Full resolution images on all screens.
    Virtually no lag whatsoever
    Three customizable icons on the homescreen
    five fixed buttons on the homescreen with the time acting as a link to the clock for those who use it as an alarm clock.
    Transitions from all screens

OTA Link

Remember if you have problems to do a battery pull.
    05-05-10 08:47 PM
    Nice going to download!!!!!Love the color!!!
    05-05-10 09:44 PM
    Excellent work and thanks for sharing.
    05-05-10 10:07 PM
    The colors n calling screens wow ... Love the backgrounds n graphics u used !
    Would like to see a smaller font on the home screen for hidden today ... To see more of the emails n sms, calendar etc ...

Also would remove fixed options tabs on the bottom n put sms

I just press O for options
    The only thing I don't like with fixed icons is that they don't highlight when u have a new message, like they would when u place one of those icons as your customized ones

Wish there were more customizable icons on homescreen n u didnt loose what icon was selected

As far as graphics n colors, backgrounds... Amazing job !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 10:52 PM
    Can you make one wit 3 more customizable icons at the bottom?Awesome theme.thanx
    05-06-10 08:14 AM
    Any chance of seeing this in other color ??

05-06-10 08:47 AM
    First off - great idea. Love the colors and the layout. I really like the bottom dock with text instead of icons. However, if I could suggest a couple of options?

A non-today version. I use BerryWeather for my home screen WP and the today text over top looks ugly. I attached a screen shot to demo.

I don't know i this is possible, but make the bottom 4, or at least the right two (MESSENGER and OPTIONS) user defined? I can see CALENDAR and MESSAGES being fixed, but I do not use MESSENGER and I do use QL for quick access to OPTIONS.

I always hesitate to say anything, as I do not want someone to think I am criticizing THEIR work. I don't even know how to theme, and truly don't have the time to learn right now. Please do not think this as that. This is a great theme, with a perfect choice for colors.

Anyhow, here's the screenie . . . THANKS for the theme!
    05-06-10 10:35 AM
    To all of you who commented -

I am really busy with me schedule of late but I will see what I can do. I don't see it as you guys being critical of my work. I see it as constructive criticism as we all have different needs.

Just bear with me please and thanks for what you have offered up.

I've been thinking about trying something others have done and shrink the Icons a little down the right side. The only issue with that is if I do that. They will have to be fixed to go any smaller than the standard 80x80. If I can't figure out a way to do that and actually use the Icons I have, I may see if I can slide another in there with those three. Lemme play around with it some and see what I can come up with.
    Last edited by gmkahuna; 05-07-10 at 02:13 PM.
    05-07-10 02:09 PM
    Just wondering about notifications. The only ones that show up is email and sms but my facebook,bbm etc.. don't show on homescreen when i have new messages.
    05-07-10 02:17 PM
    Very cool - I look forward to see what you come up with [as you have time, of course].
    05-07-10 04:08 PM
    I'll see if I can't figure that out too Vagrant.
    05-07-10 07:07 PM
    Very cool theme.

05-08-10 08:50 PM
    I'm about halfway done with the non-today version. I have it now with no icons down the right side but instead have a hidden dock with six user selectable icons on it. This will enable those with Berryweather to use their wallpaper if they so choose. I also have it set where when the dock is hidden, you can click your trackball and bring up the clock function. Added SMS/MMS open to the $ key as well. I should have this version posted later today and will do so in another thread.
    05-09-10 12:28 PM
    I'm about halfway done with the non-today version. I have it now with no icons down the right side but instead have a hidden dock with six user selectable icons on it. This will enable those with Berryweather to use their wallpaper if they so choose. I also have it set where when the dock is hidden, you can click your trackball and bring up the clock function. Added SMS/MMS open to the $ key as well. I should have this version posted later today and will do so in another thread.
    Thanks.
    Looking forward to it!

05-09-10 12:41 PM
    Very cool of you to make these changes - Thanks!
    05-09-10 03:34 PM
    Cool looking forward to your updated version !!
    05-09-10 03:49 PM
    Here's the link to the non-today with Hidden Dock.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...59#post5096759

Still working on the other fixes to the first version. Should be later today or tomorrow evening at the very latest.
    05-09-10 04:24 PM
    i need hidden today on my themes ... love this one .. hopefully there will be some adjustments in time to come

smaller fonts on today to display more info of emails , etc ... add more customizable icons ... personally i like 8 icons on home screen
    05-10-10 09:16 AM
    Tone, I decided to try and make a hidden today with a hidden dock out of the other. I know it can be done. Bear with me a couple days since the weekend is over and hopefully I will have something working soon.
    05-10-10 05:12 PM
    WoW thank u .. i appreciate it !
    05-11-10 08:16 AM
    No problem. I like a challenge.
    05-11-10 11:13 AM
    UPDATE: New version with hidden today and hidden dock is in its own thread. Hope you folks like it.
    05-11-10 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD