I've read the other threads about this and they are over 6 months old. Some over a year old. And they all suggest using Google Reader or Free Range Reader.

But Google reader only works on a home PC and I need a mobile app. Free Range looks a little too light for me plus you can only do 10 feeds with the free version and I have more than that.

I like Viigo, but it has some quirks that are really annoying. Like when it loads pictures, sometimes it doesn't render the page correctly. When you open a weblink, it doesn't take you to the actual browser, but renders the page inside Viigo and most of the links don't respond correctly. Also in most of my feeds it doesn't display the entire text of the feed, but just part of it. I hate having to click on a link to read the rest of the article. I wish it would just download everything.

Also will Viigo ever come out of "Beta" form? Or did they just forget to remove that from the name? hehe
    05-05-10 06:29 PM
    snaptu for rss
    05-05-10 06:37 PM
    Google reader is not only for PC. As much as I enjoyed Viigo, especially Viigo Lite, I uninstalled it a use Google Reader mobile exclusively. Logon via your BB browser and the interface is clean & easy to maneuver. Give it a try. m google com/reader. I've tried FreeRange and a few others but liked Viigo Lite the best, but because of it memory use, I'm opting for Google Reader mobile. I just wished it was able to send to Twitter like Viigo does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried laoding the page from my BB browser. After logging into my google account, the page said I could click this Google Reader link from my PC. I tried clicking the link anyway and it just refreshed the page.

Isn't the Google Reader link m.google.com/reader or something?
    05-05-10 06:44 PM
    I tried to use several RSS readers including ArSS, Viigo, UnRead, but still keep coming back to GReader. It works great and syncs with my PC. Here is the launcher I downloaded from bblaunchers.com. http://edlindustries.com/downloads/launchers/reader/reader.jad
    05-05-10 08:02 PM
    GR is my primary RSS reader.
    I use it extensively on my PC and my Storm.

I use Viigo as a secondary reader to subscribe to feeds that I don't use on my GR.

Good Luck
    05-05-10 09:26 PM
    Thanks for the link. I downloaded Google Reader. The only problem I have is it lumps all of my feeds together and lists them by time. I created folders to put each rss feed in indivudually, but it still lumps them togetherI guess I'm still used to how viigo seperates everything.
    05-06-10 07:16 AM
    I use Arr!ss. Its pretty cheap and works well enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 09:52 AM
    Free Range looks a little too light for me plus you can only do 10 feeds with the free version and I have more than that.
    I've been using Free Range for a while now, and contrary to what it says, you can add more than 10 feeds. Once you get used to the UI (ie using the 5 key to select things) it works great.

As for being "a little too light", what is that referring to? As far as I can tell it does everything that Viigo News does and then some. The full story rendering in particular is far better with Free Range than it is in Viigo as you can select links from within the full story.
    05-06-10 10:44 AM
    Thanks for the link. I downloaded Google Reader. The only problem I have is it lumps all of my feeds together and lists them by time. I created folders to put each rss feed in indivudually, but it still lumps them togetherI guess I'm still used to how viigo seperates everything.
    Choose "Tags" at the bottom of each screen displayed.

Your folders wil be there.

Good Luck
    05-06-10 05:49 PM
    The link I provided will show you all of your new RSS feeds in one lump. However, all you have to do is click on the subscriptions link or Bookmark the subscriptions link so that you always see your feeds organized. I have my important subscriptions numbered 1-10 and then the rest categorized into folders and alphabetized within the folders. The mobile GReader handles this just as well as the PC.
    05-06-10 08:40 PM
    try FREERANGE !! this app alone made me love my bb more than anything !!! please try and decide for yourself!
    06-08-10 11:49 AM
    I was using Viigo and liked it a lot. I recently tried FreeRange based on the many positive reviews I've seen lately here in the forums.
    I must admit, I like it. I like how you're able to log into your online FreeRange account via your PC. I was able to organize my Feeds into Folder I created, and was able to add new feeds and place them in their folders.
    I was looking at a CrackBerry Blog. It looked fine for both Viigo and FreeRange. When I went to read the full article with images, Viigo distorted the page, while FreeRange showed it with no problem.
    06-11-10 01:35 AM
    doesnt anyone get annoyed that you have to double click everything in freerange?
    06-11-10 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD