I didnt see any other threads that answered my questions so i started this one..Ive been loyal to Blackberry for almost 5 years now, ive had two 8330s, a tour and now a 8530. I am with US Cellular which I am happy with them. Heres my issues. My track pad always takes almost 10 seconds to start working or it freezes, the phone takes a while to respond trying to go from one thing to another like from messages to address book or vice versa, or other item whether it be apps etc. It take literally (i timed it) over three minutes to reboot. Sometimes when I have the loud profile on it still only vibrates, when i have the vibrate turned off. Sometimes I have to hit send like 3 or 4 times to accept a call. Most of this happens alot, especially the freezing and trackpad issues, i do not have an assload of apps, maybe 10 at the most, i checked to see what was running in the background and stopped what i was able to. Sooo, whats the dealio??
    05-05-10 03:12 PM
    My track pad always takes almost 10 seconds to start working or it freezes, the phone takes a while to respond trying to go from one thing to another like from messages to address book or vice versa, or other item whether it be apps etc.

Sounds like stock OS to me. Try an OS update. If it does not fix your trackpad issues, you probably have a defective unit or defective trackpad.

It take literally (i timed it) over three minutes to reboot.

Welcome to the BlackBerry world. Boot times around 5 minutes ar under what's normal. Sadly. Latest hybrid by WillyBoy dropped mine to 4.5 and I am happy with this.

Sometimes when I have the loud profile on it still only vibrates, when i have the vibrate turned off. Sometimes I have to hit send like 3 or 4 times to accept a call.

Same as before, could either be a defect in the device or the OS in it.

Most of this happens alot, especially the freezing and trackpad issues, i do not have an assload of apps, maybe 10 at the most, i checked to see what was running in the background and stopped what i was able to. Sooo, whats the dealio??
    Even a single bad app could be he culprit here. Update to the latest (or try the hybrid). If it's a no go, take it back to the store, you got a jinxed unit.
    05-05-10 03:32 PM
    Lots of 8530 users with the same issues. Buggy OS , bad battery life, wierd rebooting. Start with a new OS like diegonei says and lets work from there. Your 8530 dosent suck, it just isnt right yet....
    05-05-10 03:37 PM
    I went through several OS releases for 8530 and almost every one was an improvement from the previous. Trackpad issue does sound like a hardware problem. Try updating to the .508 - it was running rock solid on my 8530 and if it doesn't for you, it's probably a good idea to get a replacement unit. Right now I'm running the "unofficial" .654 with no major issues and definitely nothing like what you've described your experience to be. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 03:57 PM
    I'm on us cell and have had an 8530 for 2 weeks - it does not suck. I've upgraded from the USC .337 to the .601 - big difference in battery life and the browser loads pages much faster.

Before the .601 I was actually thinking of going back to my 8330, but now I'm not looking back, the roller ball was too much of a pain to work with.
    05-05-10 06:56 PM
    ever since i went to 508 i have had zero problems...good luck
    05-06-10 07:09 AM
    I guess I've been lucky despite having my first 8530 die on me a month after I brought it but all has been great since. What I wanted to say was that if I had problems with a brand new device I received from VZW, it would be returned the every next day. It's suppose to operate as advertised when you by the thing IMO!
    05-10-10 02:32 PM
    My 8530 has only frozen once on me. I did a battery pull and viola ! hasn't happened again. I am running the current OS, came with it and all is fine.
    Your device is warrantied, have your provider check it out, they will make it right.
    The 8530 is a great little device.
    05-10-10 10:17 PM
    Do any of you guys have a problem when making a call it takes a few seconds before it connects? I am with Sprint and ever since I switched from Verizon i've had drop calls and like I said when making a call it takes a while before it connects..
    I had a BB Storm in Veizon and as much as I hated it it was clear and connected very well...

Anyway, Thanks!
    05-11-10 11:57 AM
    Dropped calls probably isn't a phone issue. I doubt there's much you can do about that, especially since your OS is upgraded already.
    05-11-10 12:39 PM
    sprint sucks
    05-11-10 12:56 PM
    I went through several OS releases for 8530 and almost every one was an improvement from the previous. Trackpad issue does sound like a hardware problem. Try updating to the .508 - it was running rock solid on my 8530 and if it doesn't for you, it's probably a good idea to get a replacement unit. Right now I'm running the "unofficial" .654 with no major issues and definitely nothing like what you've described your experience to be. Good luck!

Does iheart radio app work for you? Installed .654 and this app opens fine but when you try to play a station it doesn't work. On a side note QC on these phones is bad I'm on my 4th replacement.

05-11-10 06:22 PM
    i've a lot of problems with my 8520, i'm on my 3rd one from t-mo, charging problems, meaning it charges when it wants to i like to run i heart radio and it will charge then stop and this is after 10-15 battery pulls, and slow charging, i'm debating about going to a nokia smart phone once t-mo gets them in, i'm tired of doing high amounts of battery pulls, or even going back to a regular cell phone,
    07-10-10 05:17 PM
    i forgot i also got a new battery, and a new charger as well
    07-10-10 05:24 PM
    sprint sucks
    sprint doesent suck I've been with them for 5 years and never had a dropped call but with this 8530 I've. Had many problems

07-10-10 05:45 PM
    the OP sucks, not the 8530
    07-10-10 05:49 PM
    sprint customer service sucks i've had t-mo for 3 1/2 years and sprint 6 years ago when they started the guy in the trench coat they sucked then, and they got caught wiretapping w/o warrent
    07-10-10 05:52 PM
    I have Sprint & it has always taken a couple of seconds to connect when making a phone call but it's never been anything to aggravate me. I don't really experience dropped calls either...but this all depends on your location/cell towers.

Do any of you guys have a problem when making a call it takes a few seconds before it connects? I am with Sprint and ever since I switched from Verizon i've had drop calls and like I said when making a call it takes a while before it connects..
    I had a BB Storm in Veizon and as much as I hated it it was clear and connected very well...

Anyway, Thanks!
    07-11-10 02:16 AM
    It take literally (i timed it) over three minutes to reboot.
    Your phone only takes 3 minutes to reboot? You should consider yourself lucky cuz my storm 2 takes 10-15 minutes to reboot.
    07-11-10 02:23 AM
    Wow 10-15 minutes?!! That's crazy. I can handle the 3 minute reboot, but, idk about 10-15.

Your phone only takes 3 minutes to reboot? You should consider yourself lucky cuz my storm 2 takes 10-15 minutes to reboot.
    07-11-10 02:47 AM
    sprint doesent suck I've been with them for 5 years and never had a dropped call but with this 8530 I've. Had many problems

I've never had a problem with Sprint either and I've been with them since 2008, never a dropped call on my 8530 and when my phone got stolen it took probably ten minutes to get over 60 dollars of erroneous charges off my bill. Their customer service may have sucked a few years ago but I have had more problems with Verizon than Sprint.

07-11-10 04:03 AM
    If you think Sprint sucks, you should try out the Nextel BlackBerry 8350i. It defines suck-dom.

07-11-10 07:02 PM
    Does iheart radio app work for you? Installed .654 and this app opens fine but when you try to play a station it doesn't work. On a side note QC on these phones is bad I'm on my 4th replacement.

Have you tried updating iheartradio? Or maybe re-installing it? iheartradio's latest update fixes bugs when using the latest 5.0 OS.
    07-11-10 07:36 PM
    Wow 10-15 minutes?!! That's crazy. I can handle the 3 minute reboot, but, idk about 10-15.
    I think it depends on the apps that runs when the phone starts. Like if you have many apps that start automatically, boot time will be longer than usual. Mine takes about 6 - 8 minutes, I have 4 apps that start automatically when my phone starts.
    07-11-10 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD