I picked up a Tour last November and I lost it yesterday. I've looked everywhere, but I've now accepted that it's gone. I do have insurance and I'm going by the Verizon store tomorrow.

My question: With the Tour being one of the older BB models now, can a pay the $50 replacement fee plus the cost of a newer model phone and upgrade to a new phone at the contract price? Or is my only option to get another Tour at the cost of $50???

Thanks in advance!
    05-05-10 02:53 PM
    I picked up a Tour last November and I lost it yesterday. I've looked everywhere, but I've now accepted that it's gone. I do have insurance and I'm going by the Verizon store tomorrow.

My question: With the Tour being one of the older BB models now, can a pay the $50 replacement fee plus the cost of a newer model phone and upgrade to a new phone at the contract price? Or is my only option to get another Tour at the cost of $50???

Thanks in advance!
    First off, you can not go to a store to file a claim. You have to call Asurion or visit their website. And you will receive the exact same device, you will not be allowed to upgrade. If by any chance that they do not have any Tours (unlikely), you will receive a like device, you will not be allowed to choose. Hope that helps.
    05-05-10 02:59 PM
    Isn't the insurance deductible $89 on BlackBerry devices?
    05-05-10 04:45 PM
    I think motorcycle mama is right, the insurance deductible has gone up, I'm not sure what the new price is though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 07:59 AM
    Yep, the tour was released after the insurance rates for smartphones went up.
    05-07-10 10:13 AM
    Isn't the insurance deductible $89 on BlackBerry devices?
    It is. But if the OP managed to stay on the old insurance, it would be 50 or 89 if the insurance was newly added.
    05-07-10 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD