O.K. heads listen up. If you haven't heard of Pandora Radio yet go get it now. Its a free, commercial free internet radio that only plays music you like. Create your own stations by artist, song or genre. And it will learn from input from you to play only what you want to hear.

Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music

"The Music Genome Project�

On January 6, 2000 a group of musicians and music-loving technologists came together with the idea of creating the most comprehensive analysis of music ever.

Together we set out to capture the essence of music at the most fundamental level. We ended up assembling literally hundreds of musical attributes or "genes" into a very large Music Genome. Taken together these genes capture the unique and magical musical identity of a song - everything from melody, harmony and rhythm, to instrumentation, orchestration, arrangement, lyrics, and of course the rich world of singing and vocal harmony. It's not about what a band looks like, or what genre they supposedly belong to, or about who buys their records - it's about what each individual song sounds like.

Since we started back in 2000, we've carefully listened to the songs of tens of thousands of different artists - ranging from popular to obscure - and analyzed the musical qualities of each song one attribute at a time. This work continues each and every day as we endeavor to include all the great new stuff coming out of studios, clubs and garages around the world.

It has been quite an adventure, you could say a little crazy - but now that we've created this extraordinary collection of music analysis, we think we can help be your guide as you explore your favorite parts of the music universe.

We hope you enjoy the journey.

Tim Westergren
    Founder
    The Music Genome Project"

As if thats not cool enough on its own you can get it directly to your phone if you are a Sprint or AT&T user.

Otherwise now go get a free MP3 recorder. WORDADDIN works well. Easy MP3 Recorder - Home

Record all the music you want from Pandora and move it over to your BB with Device Manager

Hope you enjoy.
    06-26-08 05:05 PM
    Thanks, i been looking for something to get free music, ever since napster went down...LOL i was j/k.
    No really this will help, thanks again!!
    06-26-08 05:16 PM
    i recorded a 5 hr block of a station i created for a party then with a headphone to dual rca cord plugged into my friends home stereo system and rocked the party from my bb! everybody tripped out!
    06-26-08 05:20 PM
    DJ pltaylor in the hizzzzouse!!!
    06-26-08 05:23 PM
    you're crazy i gotta have you to next one!
    06-26-08 05:25 PM
    I love Pandora at home and I tried to access it on my new Sprint Pearl. I got a msg that my device was not supported. Will you be adding that soon?
    BTW Replay Music is a great tool too.
    06-26-08 05:31 PM
    Doesn't work on my Sprint 8330 either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 05:34 PM
    So how exactly does this work? Do i need to sign up? download the music to my pc and transfer it over to my bb viz dm?
    06-26-08 05:34 PM
    i dont have any thing to do with that. i cant get it directly to my phone either. but this way you can record blocks of music as big as your media card can handle and have them on your phone.
    06-26-08 05:35 PM
    the music is streamed so no down load just let the recorder run, it saves to a folder you designate then move to bb with dm
    06-26-08 05:38 PM
    cool link thanks!
    06-26-08 05:52 PM
    ahhhhh icic. ok thanks will try when i am at home on my laptop. can't do it here at work
    06-26-08 05:52 PM
    06-26-08 05:53 PM
    thats cool too no mobile app for bb and little hard on the eyes
    06-26-08 05:58 PM
    the mp3 recorder would work for that site as well, it'll record any thing that comes across your sound card and converts to mp3 or wav
    06-26-08 06:00 PM
    will it automatically record to your PC?
    06-26-08 06:01 PM
    start it and it'll record until you tell it to stop
    06-26-08 06:03 PM
    I been listening to pandora at work all the time. They have mobile access but not for t-mobile!! Quite the disappointment
    06-26-08 06:04 PM
    Great sites! Now I can listen to music at work because these sites aren't blocked. Yay!
    06-26-08 06:08 PM
    im glad yall dont work for me, crackberry and listening to the radio where do i apply?
    06-26-08 06:12 PM
    im glad yall dont work for me, crackberry and listening to the radio where do i apply?
    LOL!! CB 8hrs mon-fri and now music all day!!
    06-26-08 06:14 PM
    I heard about Pandora from a friend at school and have been using it for about 5 months now. It's great.
    06-26-08 06:23 PM
    the mp3 recorder i mentioned is shareware the free trial does not expire the one for purchase just has more bells and whistles, any mp3 recorder will work. also just to be clear i am NOT Tim Westergren nor do i have any affeliation with Pandora notice the Music genome project is in quotations from the description on their site hence no i am not working on making Pandora available for more mobile carriers. This is just a way i discovered to record
    good free music legally to bb. sorry for any confusion.
    06-26-08 06:50 PM
    LOL!! CB 8hrs mon-fri and now music all day!!
    ive noticed how hard you work too there gs
    06-26-08 09:32 PM
    I can't figure out how to get this damn program to work. I signed up and everything and i can make a playlist but where the **** is it saving too?
    06-26-08 11:52 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD