Hey guys, I realize there are tons of posts/threads about this subject. But I wanted to let you know what I discovered. I called tmobile last night and told them about my wobble, they acted 'dumbfounded' and quickly said no problem we'll send a new one out right away. It literally just came via ups less than 12 hours from the phone call (hows that for service?!) So I got the new one, and right away I noticed it had a slight wobble to it. So I said screw it, I'm calling RIM themselves to get a true answer. I finally got a hold of one of the techies that truly knows this phone, and he CLEARLY stated they were designed to have slight movement to them.

So for all the people that say their trackpad has zero wobble, is either lying or just doesn't have the touch/eye/detail to tell that is actually does move slightly (even if its a tiny, tiny wobble, it still wobbles).

So there you go, straight from RIM themselves, the 'wobble' is normal. It is not a design flaw.
    05-05-10 01:06 PM
    Customer: "It has a flaw!"

Salesman: "Flaw? That's a Feature!"
    05-05-10 01:36 PM
    so how about some 9700 trackpads being more recessed or raised than others? is that "normal" as well.

honestly that's some bs they fed u.
    05-05-10 01:39 PM
    I didn't talk to any sales people... so I don't know where you got that from. And I highly doubt anyone would call that a feature...

How is it bs? This is my 3rd 9700 from all different sources, and all of them move slightly. Coincidence?
    05-05-10 01:45 PM
    All I can say is once you fix the "Design Flaw" you will say to yourself, why the heck didn't RIM make the trackpad like this...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ho...wobble-383468/

I have done this months ago and like you will see when reading that post. It really is night and day after the fix.
    Last edited by jaseneb; 05-05-10 at 03:25 PM.
    05-05-10 03:23 PM
    I added scotch tape under mine to make it solid and it works 100% and feels 600% better. My roommate's pad is recessed into the keyboard and it feels terrible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 03:26 PM
    I added scotch tape under mine to make it solid and it works 100% and feels 600% better. My roommate's pad is recessed into the keyboard and it feels terrible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Exactly! 600% better. We are spoiled now and every time we pick up a "Design Flawed" 9700 we say "Wow this trackpad is terrible"...
    05-05-10 03:29 PM
    Customer: "It has a flaw!"

Salesman: "Flaw? That's a Feature!"
    lol

Pi Guy.... I think you got played.
    ooo well
    05-05-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD