Don't I got a moment once my curve died and thought it was the most amazing phone ever. Well it was until I realized I was running 1.5 os and everyone else(other carriers) had at least 2.0 installed on their devices. Of course sprint would make their update available on time right? Coming from an 8330 and going through the months of waiting for mms and 4.5 and the numerous pushed back release dates, I had hoped sprint would have changed by now. Ummmm No. Same sprint, same lies. Granted the only official release date announced was may 1st, this update was originally claimed to come in april, or possibly before. Leave it to sprint to drag their feet. So by the time 2.1 is made available to us, 2.2 (already announced) will be desired and sprint will likely do the same. So if you wanna jump ship for android, it better be for the evo or moment 2 or hero 2. And as quickly as updates arise for android, you'll still be disappointed in sprint soon.
    05-05-10 11:43 AM
    The Evo will have such a tech following that I'm sure users will have no problems getting the latest Andoird OS ports/custom ROMs even if Sprint/HTC doesn't release them in a timely manner.
    05-05-10 01:35 PM
    Ever since I picked up my first Blackberry, I've always gone back to Blackberry...I remember when the Palm 800w came out, I rushed out to get it..a few weeks later, I months later, I had to go get another Blackberry Curve 8330 (I sold the one that I got rid of for the Palm 800w)...then the Palm Pre was announced...I wait 7 grueling months for it's release just so I can get rid of my Blackberry...the day came...I woke up 3 hours early that Saturday, waited in line, got my Pre...one week later, I HAD to get back to my Blackberry...I've longed to go back to a touchscreen phone, yet every one of them I went to, I reverted back to my Blackberry...I'm hoping the EVO will be a keeper...I'm anticipating the release date and I'm about to pay full price for it------BUT, the leaked pictures of the Blackberry slide is really catching my attention now...I do believe O/S 6.0 and a true touchscreen (none of this Storm crap) Blackberry will be the best of all worlds for me...
    05-05-10 02:15 PM
    And for every story about a delayed s/w update from sprint i can point to two stories where the updates on other carriers were full of bugs..

each carrier has its priorities and its qualification processes... so if you dont like the software on a phone..dont buy it... software updates are not a right..they are a benefit.
    05-05-10 02:27 PM
    The EVO is supposed to already have 2.1 (or potentially 2.2) loaded when it arrives this summer, as I've read elsewhere.
    05-05-10 03:19 PM
    The EVO is supposed to already have 2.1 (or potentially 2.2) loaded when it arrives this summer, as I've read elsewhere.
    Right, but OP is saying once 2.2 comes out it may take a while to get a Sense overlay from HTC and approval from Sprint. The major perk I've heard so far about 2.2 is Flash in the browser, which you can get today by using Skyfire anyway.
    05-05-10 03:36 PM
    Right, but OP is saying once 2.2 comes out it may take a while to get a Sense overlay from HTC and approval from Sprint. The major perk I've heard so far about 2.2 is Flash in the browser, which you can get today by using Skyfire anyway.
    yeah I know, I'm just saying that with more or less the mindset of "what's the point" on jumping ship to one of the current android models, versus waiting another month or two for the EVO.

I am jumping ship, myself, when the EVO comes out. I so can't wait hehe. I'm actually going to check out a guys Hero in a little while, to direct trade with my Tour, to play with Android for a while till the EVO is release, and get used to the environment.

(If confused from my profile's device info, I have multiple Sprint lines and an AT&T account for the iPhone. If the EVO is everything is promises to be, I'll be letting go of that AT&T line for good.)
    05-05-10 03:54 PM
    Don't I got a moment once my curve died and thought it was the most amazing phone ever. Well it was until I realized I was running 1.5 os and everyone else(other carriers) had at least 2.0 installed on their devices.
    please check your information before posting .. Droid didnt get there 2.0 untill April... When Nexus came out it had 2.1 and Nexus isnt really old. if you bothered to google or even search you can see people have optimized 1.5 kernals running and 2.1 running like i do. but instead you fail to research and bash on anroid.?.. and sprint.. so far i havent checked lately theres only 2 phones with 2.0 .. all others are unofficial. and READ Sprint said they will have more info on may they never promised a update in may. sheesh ... I didn;t know that 2 phones with 2.0+ means every other carrier?.. Im not sure about Incrediable that might be a third since like i stated i ahvent checked recently..
    Last edited by Jo_795; 05-06-10 at 07:09 AM.
    05-05-10 06:51 PM
    Don't I got a moment once my curve died and thought it was the most amazing phone ever. Well it was until I realized I was running 1.5 os and everyone else(other carriers) had at least 2.0 installed on their devices. Of course sprint would make their update available on time right? Coming from an 8330 and going through the months of waiting for mms and 4.5 and the numerous pushed back release dates, I had hoped sprint would have changed by now. Ummmm No. Same sprint, same lies. Granted the only official release date announced was may 1st, this update was originally claimed to come in april, or possibly before. Leave it to sprint to drag their feet. So by the time 2.1 is made available to us, 2.2 (already announced) will be desired and sprint will likely do the same. So if you wanna jump ship for android, it better be for the evo or moment 2 or hero 2. And as quickly as updates arise for android, you'll still be disappointed in sprint soon.
    actually majority of android phones are still on 1.5 or 1.6 and the update was never announced for a april release all that sprint ever said was the first half of 2010 witch it still is so i don't no how they lied.
    05-06-10 09:41 PM
    I'm getting both, later this month when the 9650 is out, my employer is buying me one and when I get that, I'm eligble for a upgrade on my personal account so I'm 90% sure I'm getting a droid upgrade from my Tour unless there's something solid indicating that Sprint will be getting the iPhone.
    05-06-10 10:40 PM
    This seems to be more of a gripe against Sprint rather than Android so ....

as far as I can tell, I'm forever going to be waiting for Sprint to play catch up when it comes to OS updates no matter what kind of phone I have, so why not at least entertain myself with something as fabulous as the Evo?
    05-06-10 10:55 PM
    This seems to be more of a gripe against Sprint rather than Android so ....

as far as I can tell, I'm forever going to be waiting for Sprint to play catch up when it comes to OS updates no matter what kind of phone I have, ?
    the good thing about android there is devs that optimize and fix most of our problems. And If people are so worried about 2.1 then put it on your phone its out there..
    05-07-10 02:39 PM
    ...software updates are not a right..they are a benefit.
    You wanna know how I know you're an industry shill?
    05-09-10 05:52 AM
    Yes..enlighten me..

explain why i do not suffer the feeling of eternal entitlement

You wanna know how I know you're an industry shill?
    05-09-10 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD