Prizefight: HTC Droid Incredible vs. Apple iPhone 3GS - CNET Prizefight - CNET.com

basically the incredible edged out the iphone in call quality and overall performance. interesting to read their opinions on the two though.

this may be a moot battle in a few months time depending on how the iphone 4g turns out. ...also depending on how the apple lawsuits against htc turn out.

either way this is an accurate reflection of how good the incredible really is.
    05-05-10 11:02 AM
    remember the droid tied the iphone 3gs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 11:11 AM
    Take the options of CNET with a grain of salt. I"m glad to see that something has edged out the iPhone finally, but it is brand new technology vs. year old tech.
    05-05-10 11:54 AM
    Take the options of CNET with a grain of salt. I"m glad to see that something has edged out the iPhone finally, but it is brand new technology vs. year old tech.
    No just CNET, Its been said many times now by several reviewers. It seems the Incredible is the new smart phone "golden child" for now anyways. I really like mine but like with anything it has its own set of small quirks and issues.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 05-05-10 at 12:27 PM.
    05-05-10 12:23 PM
    Let's see when the new iPhone comes out. If the 3GS and the Incredible came out at the same time, then this would be a big deal. Comparing a brand new device to one that is a year old is not that interesting IMO.

Also, by them still trying to compare it to a iPhone 3GS really tells you something.
    05-05-10 12:50 PM
    they picked the current reigning champ. what else would they compare it to?

and guess what...when the new iphone comes out the evo will be right there to keep android on top.

but for now, the incredible is the champ!
    05-05-10 12:57 PM
    they picked the current reigning champ. what else would they compare it to?

and guess what...when the new iphone comes out the evo will be right there to keep android on top.

but for now, the incredible is the champ!
    And by the iPhone being the current reigning champ up until it's successor is what I'm getting at. It took Android manufacturers a year to out rank the iPhone. That is pretty sad. I love my Droid more than I did my iPhone, but it is hard to deny the facts.

We will see what the Evo can do. I see it as just being the Incredible with 4G, which is great. But being on Sprint will prevent many people from even thinking about the device.

Plus, Apple marketing > everyone else. The new iPhone is pretty much guaranteed over a million iPhones sold in the first weekend. Let's see what Sprint and the Evo can do.
    05-05-10 01:08 PM
    And by the iPhone being the current reigning champ up until it's successor is what I'm getting at. It took Android manufacturers a year to out rank the iPhone. That is pretty sad. I love my Droid more than I did my iPhone, but it is hard to deny the facts.

We will see what the Evo can do. I see it as just being the Incredible with 4G, which is great. But being on Sprint will prevent many people from even thinking about the device.

Plus, Apple marketing > everyone else. The new iPhone is pretty much guaranteed over a million iPhones sold in the first weekend. Let's see what Sprint and the Evo can do.
    Gotta give credit to Apple. iPhone is the most popular touchscreen phone around right now and it works so well. I bought one to try out for a month and it was pretty damn awesome. Although, I do find that I prefer my Droid a little more but there's no doubt that my annual upgrade next year will be to an iPhone if Verizon gets it.
    05-05-10 02:24 PM
    Gotta give credit to Apple. iPhone is the most popular touchscreen phone around right now and it works so well. I bought one to try out for a month and it was pretty damn awesome. Although, I do find that I prefer my Droid a little more but there's no doubt that my annual upgrade next year will be to an iPhone if Verizon gets it.
    I've never used an iphone...can you explain why it is so "awesome"? I do love my Eris, which is similar to the Incredible, but have also thought I'd jump on the iphone if it came to Verizon. Not sure why, tho! lol Having never used one! I have a close friend who uses one, and she loves it. It isn't available in my area yet...we don't have AT&T. So, it would have to come to Verizon for me to have one. That said, it might be hard for me to give up the Android OS.
    05-05-10 05:04 PM
    the iphone bores me. not enough to do.

05-05-10 05:05 PM
    IMO the Iphone just isn't as cool compared to Android OS. Rather it be the Motorola Droid or HTC. As long as it isn't something running old Android. Which TRICKS people btw. Because not everyone is like us and looks up this stuff.

I had a friend went and got a Droid Eris because she liked the design. It had a good price and she thought she was getting a phone with the Android OS that would do everything my Motorola Droid would.
    05-05-10 06:15 PM
    I've never used an iphone...can you explain why it is so "awesome"?
    The touchscreen is amazing. I find the onscreen keyboard to be the best in the business. Multitouch works flawlessly. The device is just so easy to use. There basically is no learning curve. And then you have the App Store. Yes it has tons of garbage apps, but the quality ones on there are the best. Developers love the platform because it is so easy to make apps.

Switching homescreens is the smoothest. Syncing is the easiest (unless everything you have is google then it would be the same for Android), unless you don't like iTunes.

The OS does have it's shortcomings (for now), but what it does do, it does flawlessly and beautifully.
    05-05-10 06:24 PM
    The touchscreen is amazing. I find the onscreen keyboard to be the best in the business. Multitouch works flawlessly. The device is just so easy to use. There basically is no learning curve. And then you have the App Store. Yes it has tons of garbage apps, but the quality ones on there are the best. Developers love the platform because it is so easy to make apps.

Switching homescreens is the smoothest. Syncing is the easiest (unless everything you have is google then it would be the same for Android), unless you don't like iTunes.

The OS does have it's shortcomings (for now), but what it does do, it does flawlessly and beautifully.
    Yeah, I agree. I had an iPhone 3G for a month before I took it back. It was a great device but I didn't wanna stick with AT&T. I've had my Droid for a few months and actually prefer it but both are still great devices.
    05-05-10 06:34 PM

We will see what the EVO can do. I see it as just being the Incredible with 4G, which is great. But being on Sprint will prevent many people from even thinking about the device.

Plus, Apple marketing > everyone else. The new iPhone is pretty much guaranteed over a million iPhones sold in the first weekend. Let's see what Sprint and the EVO can do.
    I have to disagree with you there. I think that the EVO is going to be a lot better than the Incredible. The screen is larger, it has a front facing camera, and has 4G. I also think that people will be going to Sprint in droves. The plan pricing is the best all around. To have a device like that, that will be able to be used as a mobile hotspot for up to 8 devices and only pay $69.99 for unlimited everything. That's going to be the deal of the year right there. If I weren't already with Sprint, I would switch in a heartbeat.

05-06-10 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD