So I currently have Tour but am upgrading to an Incredible shortly. However, my work gave us Curves to use with their BES, and I'd like to be able to use my Tour for it instead of the old Curve they gave me. Unfortunately, my company uses AT&T for their service.

So what do I have to do? I assume I have to buy an unlock code, but once I do that is it as easy as putting the SIM card from my Curve into my Tour? Anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks all!
    05-05-10 10:37 AM
    You wont be able to use 3G on your tour when on AT&T. You'll have to get your device unlocked and pop in AT&T sim.
    05-05-10 10:44 AM
    Yes you will need to unlock the Tour, and your BES Admin I believe will have to switch your devices. If your BES has no problems letting you switch devices you should not have a problem.

As stated above no 3G only EDGE speeds but if you are currently using the old curve like 8300 or 8310 the Tour would still be an upgrade.

Let us know if we can help.
    05-05-10 10:47 AM
    How do I go about unlocking the Tour? I know I have to purchase an unlock code, but where do I put that in from there?

Also, my phone's PIN is currently registered to my BIS account on the Verizon BlackBerry BIS site. Will that change?
    05-05-10 10:57 AM
    How do I go about unlocking the Tour? I know I have to purchase an unlock code, but where do I put that in from there?

Also, my phone's PIN is currently registered to my BIS account on the Verizon BlackBerry BIS site. Will that change?
    We will send you instruction's on how to unlock your device along with your purchase. You will need to call Verizon to release the PIN unless the account has been closed then it should be released now.
    05-05-10 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD