Sorry nerds, but this isn't coming to T-Mobile USA. You can now cry yourself to sleep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 04:14 AM
    False news....

05-05-10 05:11 AM
    Well, this group has finally made it. We been officially trolled.

05-05-10 09:12 AM
    Well, this group has finally made it. We been officially trolled.

Nah. T-Mobile is passing on the Pearl for 2010. This isn't trolling. This isn't false news. This is what is happening. I have an 8120 and have been dying for the 9100 and was pretty upset when I heard it myself.

They will have a device this year to add to their big lineup of 2, but I was told it is definitely not the Pearl. Think touch screen.

05-05-10 01:36 PM
    what source do you base this on please?

there have been devices in the wild that clearly show 1-4-8 and that with the wifi and the long history=tmo to me.

BlackBerry Pearl 9100 coming to T-Mobile USA, Wind Canada? � Unwired View

UMTS frequency bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    05-05-10 03:22 PM
    this thread is worthless without link/source.
    05-05-10 05:12 PM
    I call BS as well.
    05-05-10 05:21 PM
    with the first pearl going to tmo usa first... i dont see why the 9100 would change anything else? im almost expecting to pay full price and then going to get it unlocked...
    05-05-10 08:33 PM
    but this was destined for at&t. the at&t leaked lineup last year had this listed for 2010. so i am not surprised that tmo will not get it first. although it may get it in the later months. also pics at wes 2010 showed it running on at&t. i did not see 1 running on tmo at all. also online articles have it slated for at&t 3g and wifi.
    just take a look:
    New BlackBerry Pearl 9100 Will Get AT&T 3G and Wi-Fi
    AT&T Lineup Leaked: 3G BlackBerry Pearl, Palm Eos and Android-Bearing Lancaster Confirmed
    05-05-10 09:25 PM
    From RIM's US site: BlackBerry - Pearl 3G Specs - BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9100 Specifications

Wireless Networks

* Tri-band UMTS networks: (800/850)/1900/2100
    MHz and 900/1700/2100 MHz
    * Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks:
    850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    I suppose it's possible that T-Mobile wouldn't retail it (then simply unlock it), but I find that highly unlikely.
    05-05-10 09:37 PM
    but this was destined for at&t. the at&t leaked lineup last year had this listed for 2010. so i am not surprised that tmo will not get it first. although it may get it in the later months. also pics at wes 2010 showed it running on at&t. i did not see 1 running on tmo at all. also online articles have it slated for at&t 3g and wifi.
    just take a look:
    New BlackBerry Pearl 9100 Will Get AT&T 3G and Wi-Fi
    AT&T Lineup Leaked: 3G BlackBerry Pearl, Palm Eos and Android-Bearing Lancaster Confirmed
    att is an easy $ 40 more a month than tmo for unlimited voice/data/text - I have zeros issues with tmo, seldom lose a call and excellent customer service. I don't want to even thing what I will do if tmo does not get this, I have been looking forward to dumping what I have ever since I gave a 9700 a month test ride.
    05-05-10 11:20 PM
    I am just sharing what I have been told. AT&T is working with RIM to make this device official. TMO is not. Can't say anything for Verizon or Sprint as they haven't made the CDMA version.

I can't provide a link or source to RIM and T-Mobile contacts. That makes no sense.

If you choose not to believe me, fine. However, I suggest you make other plans if you want a 9100 on TMO.

I will update this post with "I told you so" later.

05-06-10 06:44 AM
    I can say that at this time, T-Mobile does not have the 9100. That does not mean they will not be getting it though. Right now their focus is getting the Garminfone & the MyTouch Slide out.

05-06-10 07:44 AM
    How can anybody know anything for sure? Since it has not been officially released to the sheep just yet. TMO peeps relax and just see how this plays out.
    05-06-10 08:18 AM
    Wow, that one is old. From a year ago this month. They were still listing the Onyx, Gemini and Magnum. And none of them had trackpads yet.

Interesting that they were already calling the new Pearl the "Pearl 3G". Something being discussed in another thread right now... http://forums.crackberry.com/f197/pearl-3g-464323/
    05-06-10 08:22 AM
    I've been told by at least 3 or 4 Tmobile reps that a "new pearl" is in the works and will be released this year....
    05-06-10 08:25 AM
    I am just sharing what I have been told. AT&T is working with RIM to make this device official. TMO is not. Can't say anything for Verizon or Sprint as they haven't made the CDMA version.

I can't provide a link or source to RIM and T-Mobile contacts. That makes no sense.

If you choose not to believe me, fine. However, I suggest you make other plans if you want a 9100 on TMO.

I will update this post with "I told you so" later.

I'm not questioning that this is what you've been told. What I like to know is who is your source. Did you hear it from a neighbor who knows a guy who works at the local TMO store or did you get it directly from a legitimate insider? Without a credible source, then this is just speculation. Is one thing to say TMO will not get it first but to claim that TMO will never get the 9100 is a very bold statement. When TMO does eventually get it, I will come back and call you out on this.
    05-06-10 12:19 PM
    I heard it from T-Mobile and RIM insiders. I am not stating job descriptions or anything that would bring light onto their positions.

I also stated that they aren't getting it in 2010. I never said never. But I stand by my 2010 statement.

05-06-10 06:09 PM
    The other issue here is that there is no incentive for me to share information again. I wanted to let T-Mobile users that they may have to look a different direction for this device and I am met with dissenters. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I get that. But explain to me why I would ever post inside information again?

05-06-10 06:15 PM
    The other issue here is that there is no incentive for me to share information again. I wanted to let T-Mobile users that they may have to look a different direction for this device and I am met with dissenters. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I get that. But explain to me why I would ever post inside information again?

No US carrier has confirmed or denied getting the 9100. So whatever you say is BS.
    05-06-10 06:38 PM

<Sorry nerds, but this isn't coming to T-Mobile USA. You can now cry yourself to sleep>

this is how you started your thread and you are wondering why nobody believes or cares what you think? what are you pretending not to know?
    Last edited by kurtla; 05-06-10 at 07:16 PM.
    05-06-10 07:00 PM
    No US carrier has confirmed or denied getting the 9100. So whatever you say is BS.
    Yes. I post here once every six months for BS purposes. Of course it's not confirmed or denied, it's inside info. Duh.

05-06-10 07:46 PM
    Yes. I post here once every six months for BS purposes. Of course it's not confirmed or denied, it's inside info. Duh.

Please don't think that your "inside info" means anything. No device is ever confirmed until it is officially released by RIM. Anything at this point is speculation.
    05-06-10 07:59 PM
    I heard it from T-Mobile and RIM insiders. I am not stating job descriptions or anything that would bring light onto their positions.

I also stated that they aren't getting it in 2010. I never said never. But I stand by my 2010 statement.

If your initial information was sincere, fine. I apologize for my response. But that first post was rather condecending and insulting. It's usually the first sign of a troll.

05-06-10 09:26 PM
    Sorry nerds, but this isn't coming to T-Mobile USA. You can now cry yourself to sleep.
    I know we shouldn't shoot the messenger, but I sure feel like it.
    Whether this is true remains to be seen. I'm certainly not taking the word of some d o u c h e bag.

05-06-10 10:04 PM
134 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD