I'm eligible for my New-Every-Two upgrade in December of 2010. In the meantime, my online VZW account info seems to show that the current price for me to get a Palm Pre Plus is $29.99 (even without the NE2 eligibility)!!

Would getting the Palm Pre Plus at that (obviously discounted) price right now reset my NE2 date to two years from now, or would it remain December 2010 (since I wouldn't be using my NE2 discount)?

I want to hold out and save my NE2 for a new BlackBerry (maybe that slider, if it shows up before December...), but if I can get the Pre for only 30 bucks and play around with it in the meantime, without upsetting my NE2 upgrade for later, I'll totally do it!

Thanks!
    05-04-10 01:20 PM
    yes it would, because to get the annual upgrade which i'm guessing is why it is cheaper (or in actuality that price reflects the NE2 price), you have to start a new plan therefore resetting your NE2
    05-04-10 01:24 PM
    When you are on the VZW website, the information , with the answer to your question, is right there for all to see. Just have to read it. That price is based on signing a new 2 year agreement, which will indeed restart your NE2 from the date you make this deal.

In order for you to get a Pre to play with for several months without affecting your current NE2 status you'll need to buy the device outright (pay full retail price). That's expensive.

Since you may only want this phone to play with for a few months, consider buying a used one from somewhere like Craig's List for a small price. Good luck.
    05-04-10 01:42 PM
    Oh well... I had hoped that renewing my contract for another 2 years was separate from my NE2 eligibility. I do still want to play with a Pre Plus (though it's really the free mobile hotspot thing that seems handy), so maybe I'll look for a used one.

Thanks for the answers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 01:47 PM
    Just thinking here,,, if you are eligible for the discount on the pre,,, then you should be eligible for a discount on a new blackberry as well.
    05-04-10 02:11 PM
    Just thinking here,,, if you are eligible for the discount on the pre,,, then you should be eligible for a discount on a new blackberry as well.
    No, because the Palm upgrade is a specific promotion. VzW is allowing people to upgrade only to the Palm to push that phone. The exception is not for anything else.
    05-04-10 04:19 PM
    No, because the Palm upgrade is a specific promotion. VzW is allowing people to upgrade only to the Palm to push that phone. The exception is not for anything else.
    Translation... The Palm isn't selling that well.
    05-04-10 09:19 PM
    Only to HP
    05-04-10 09:30 PM
    Only to HP
    Ha!

And yeah, the Palm Pre Plus was the only phone that was listed as being that steeply discounted on my account. There were others that had some discounts (possibly because I've passed the one-year mark), but nothing like a $29.99 Pre.

I knew Palm had tanked, and I was hoping that they simply weren't selling them for full price anymore at all.

But I think I'm going to hold out for a new BB. I have the Tour, and am lucky enough to have a working trackball, so I'm not going to go for the new Bold 9650. We'll have to see what else is coming soon...
    05-04-10 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD