Just left a verizon store 10 mins ago asked the manager if there was any new blackberrys coming out an he said they just had traning on the new Bold 9650 yesterday

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 12:10 PM
    Just left a verizon store 10 mins ago asked the manager if there was any new blackberrys coming out an he said they just had traning on the new Bold 9650 yesterday

Great news but must you have made a new thread? I'm subscribed to everything else.

05-04-10 12:19 PM
    He was just excited about any new news. I would be too.
    05-04-10 12:36 PM
    wow, first I heard about Verizon reps getting trained on the new Bold! Good news!!! its coming soon i take it
    05-04-10 01:36 PM
    Thats such great news!!!!!

my curve is biting the dust every day!!!!!!!

Maybe the May 15th release date is for real! lol
    05-04-10 01:42 PM
    Runnin outa memory and pullin my Battery at least twice a day now on my curve. I don't believe Big Red will beat Sprint this time though. Look for about a week after Sprints May 23 release.
    05-04-10 01:53 PM
    Great news!! Man I have been trying to be patient waiting for this thing.

And I don't see a problem with a new thread. Some of the other are way too big. Good job, OP!
    05-04-10 01:57 PM
    we've heard these "training" reports before... ended up being nothing... only way to believe the 9650 is "coming" is when someone walks out of a vzw with one in hand and posts pics of it...
    05-04-10 02:15 PM
    we've heard these "training" reports before... ended up being nothing... only way to believe the 9650 is "coming" is when someone walks out of a vzw with one in hand and posts pics of it...
    or Sprint store...you know, that other CDMA carrier.
    05-04-10 02:58 PM
    or Sprint store...you know, that other CDMA carrier.

But we already know the day that will happen.
    05-04-10 03:05 PM
    But we already know the day that will happen.
    exactly! at with Sprint, things are clear.... vzw... wouldn't bet on it
    05-04-10 03:20 PM
    i smell a carrier war brewing
    05-04-10 03:26 PM
    Crap, I got excited for a little bit. When was the last time people said they were training on it?
    05-04-10 03:28 PM
    This is great news for Verizon customers. I have been stopping by various stores and they all deny the existence of the 9650.

Glad to hear it. I wanna believe this is positive news.
    05-04-10 04:07 PM
    Crap, I got excited for a little bit. When was the last time people said they were training on it?
    Verizon has never had training before on the Bold until just recently. The phone just got announced by RIM last week, no way would a carrier have training on a phone that wasnt even announced back in the day
    05-04-10 04:08 PM
    Verizon has never had training before on the Bold until just recently. The phone just got announced by RIM last week, no way would a carrier have training on a phone that wasnt even announced back in the day
    I am aware of the information in your quote but I was merely asking the person I quoted to see who exactly said they were training before.

So you are saying you found out they are training as well as the original poster of this thread?
    05-04-10 04:14 PM
    just called verizon after reading about this. the rep knew about the phone this time but had no idea when it would be released. he said they haven't been given that information. fwiw
    05-04-10 04:19 PM
    just called verizon after reading about this. the rep knew about the phone this time but had no idea when it would be released. he said they haven't been given that information. fwiw
    I called Verizon too just now to see what the latest is if they knew. She knows of the Bold 9650 but also has no idea when it will be out yet. Also she tried to convince me to buy an android phone, the Incredible I told her once again no way, I hate touch screens and I hate the android platform. She kind of took offence to that somehow, and told me well, everyone is going to have an Android 10 years from now so you mine as well jump on it! I pretty much hung up on her after that

I swear the last few times I talked to Verizon over the phone they pull that same crap on me.. drives me nuts
    05-04-10 04:36 PM
    I called Verizon too just now to see what the latest is if they knew. She knows of the Bold 9650 but also has no idea when it will be out yet. Also she tried to convince me to buy an android phone, the Incredible I told her once again no way, I hate touch screens and I hate the android platform. She kind of took offence to that somehow, and told me well, everyone is going to have an Android 10 years from now so you mine as well jump on it! I pretty much hung up on her after that

I swear the last few times I talked to Verizon over the phone they pull that same crap on me.. drives me nuts
    Yeah I hear you. They recently tried to get me to upgrade to the Incredible or Pre, I just laughed. They were even going to throw in a free accessory package. I said no way, I had to ask the wife first. That always seems to work.
    05-04-10 04:55 PM
    great news! theres hope haha. but what i would like to know is WHEN exactly will it be in stores?

verizon ftw :]
    05-04-10 05:12 PM
    Yeah I hear you. They recently tried to get me to upgrade to the Incredible or Pre, I just laughed. They were even going to throw in a free accessory package. I said no way, I had to ask the wife first. That always seems to work.
    yeah that drives me nuts since I know I'm not the only ones they do that too when people call. I mean I called to ask about the Bold 9650.. no where at anytime did I ever come close to mentioning an Android phone so why the hel* would they try to talk me into one when I called about a Blackberry!!! If I wanted an Android, I would have asked about one!! god, I can't stand how the last few times they tried to talk me into getting one even though I hate those phones and I told them that already!! Then to top it off this last lady blew me off saying, "oh" whatever, everyone is going to have an Andoid phone anyway in 10 years" ahh! so dumb I can't stand it! I need a drink
    05-04-10 05:21 PM
    "oh" whatever, everyone is going to have an Andoid phone anyway in 10 years" ahh! so dumb
    LOL, no way is that going to happen!
    there are too many different opinions on what people like in their phones for any company to become the only one, let alone a specific OS and style of hardware.
    05-04-10 05:51 PM
    Then to top it off this last lady blew me off saying, "oh" whatever, everyone is going to have an Andoid phone anyway in 10 years" I need a drink
    Thats probably the most ignorant statement of the week. I cant believe she said that, lol. WOW. I need a drink too!
    05-04-10 05:52 PM
    i just called my verizon store too and the guy said he had no idea but he thinks the end of this month! i can't wait any longer!!
    05-04-10 06:02 PM
    I was at a vzw store a couple hours ago. I went through the whole computerized sign in stuff. Which didn't make sense cause i was next anyway. Lol. I started looking at phones and the sales rep calls my name. I was across the room waiting. He didn't even move from behind the counter the whole time. He had no clue of a release date or the right name. He and his co-worker referred to it as tour 2. He had that perplexed look as he turned to him to ask " Do you know a date on that ?" His even more clueless co-worker says without looking up at me " June or July". Needless to say that didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. The waiting game begins.
    05-04-10 06:55 PM
112 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD