T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide official: Android 2.1, QWERTY, coming in June (we go hands-on) -- Engadget

I think I found my niece's first Android device. Coming from a Sidekick LX 2009, she might like this because of the keyboard. She wanted the G1 before but I said "nah, wait for something else". LOL What do you guys think? I didn't know where to put this thread so I stuck it here.
    05-04-10 02:45 AM
    This phone could lure me from my 9700. I still want a hands on w/it, but from what I know about the MyTouch Slide, this device is sweet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 07:36 AM
    Seems pretty cool. I don't really want it but I don't know, it seems like a good device.

I think we may see a lot of former Sidekick users moving over to this bad boy. About time, really.

05-04-10 09:56 AM
    Seems pretty cool. I don't really want it but I don't know, it seems like a good device.

I think we may see a lot of former Sidekick users moving over to this bad boy. About time, really.

I believe this phone will be perfect for Sidekick owners like you mentioned above. The keyboard is very spacious so they will feel at home with it. I'm debating whether to get my niece this phone because I just replaced her Sidekick a few months ago but she will be due an upgrade as early as July.

05-04-10 03:37 PM
    It seems like a cool Android device, to me at least. It had a lot of positive comments over on tmonews.com.

I don't think it's worth switching from a BlackBerry to this.
    05-04-10 04:35 PM
    If she's a big Sidekick fan, then it may be worth waiting for.
    05-04-10 10:26 PM
    No thank you...my wife has a mytouch3g now, just all touch and is nothing to write home about...browser is a hair faster than mine when I am on Bolt and texting is a pain(I am sure the slider would be easier.) And that is about it....wait the app market, how could I forget the 50,000 apps! Also the camera is a joke! No flash, really...really?

I monkey around with it from time to time, but Andriod has yet to impress me from the Driod, mytouch, Cliq(had one for 10 days) and the N1...N1 was decent, best out of them all IMO.

Will say some new ones from the Incredible, EVO and what not look nice, just will take a lot to sway me from my 9700...

05-05-10 08:18 PM
    Also the camera is a joke! No flash, really...really?

Are you talking about your wife's myTouch 3G or the myTouch 3G Slide because the Slide does have a 5MP camera with an LED flash whereas the MT3G doesn't.

Hands on T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide � Android and Me
    05-07-10 03:39 PM
    Was talking about my wife's camera on the regular mytouch3g.

They needed to revamp the camera for certain...

MP don't mean much to me anyway...this camera on the Bold is only 3.2 and takes better pics than some 8.0 MP cameras...note I said cameras...not camera phone.

My Panasonic 10.0 is better, but not by much.

05-08-10 11:14 AM
    The processor is much better in the Slide, it's also sporting more than double the ram depending on which MT3G your wife has and it also has 2.1 over 1.6.
    05-08-10 11:46 AM
    Yeah I like the look of the myTouch but I think the touchscreen is a PITA. It's nice that the Slide has a keyboard.

05-08-10 02:59 PM
    Think updated G1 and you've got the MyTouch Slide.
    05-08-10 03:20 PM
    Think updated G1 and you've got the MyTouch Slide.
    I hope the keyboard is better than the G1. Darn, that G1 keyboard was so awkward. Couldn't stand it.

05-08-10 06:41 PM
    We got our store demo of it yesterday, and it's pretty darn slick. The keys are closer together, if that is what bugged you on the G1. And Android 2.1 has been completely redesigned. Those who are comparing it to a Sidekick are not doing it justice in the least. It is far superior and I'll be first in line to get one.
    05-09-10 02:17 AM
    Really? I believe that former sidekicks moved to Moto Cliq already before this. They who want upgrading this, because new version of android, who knows.. this will be competitive against M-CLIQ..

This is So-So, but its not for me..
    05-09-10 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD