Hello, My blackberry storm had been running perfectly fine for months now, I recently updated to a new OS about 2 months ago, but no problems, then all of a sudden about 2 hours ago my phone started restarting itself over and over again, I havent installed anything new and I found what causes the reboot.

So, once it finally does stop rebooting, it randomly stops and settles and I can use the phone as normal EXCEPT, the Radio is off, when I go to manage connections and enable Mobile Network, it connects for 1 second and then the endless reboot loop begins again...it ONLY starts again once I try to connect to my wireless network...

HELP please?
    05-03-10 08:03 PM
    Well good news is you do not need to have the radio on to back up your phone. I would try to do a backup and re-install of an OS. It could be somehow some of the files got corrupted. Let us know if that works, as I really don't know of any option to solve that problem with any other means.
    05-03-10 08:07 PM
    Well good news is you do not need to have the radio on to back up your phone. I would try to do a backup and re-install of an OS. It could be somehow some of the files got corrupted. Let us know if that works, as I really don't know of any option to solve that problem with any other means.
    Hmmm, just did a install of the latest leak, same problem...guess ill try reverting to default OS then upgrading from scratch, ugh this is killing me.
    05-03-10 08:20 PM
    This is ridiculous...I even removed all of my software to the point I had the 507 error, I then downloaded the official .328 OS from Verizon website and reinstalled.

At the setup wizard that automatically launched it asked me to turn on my radio, I did it, it started connecting to the wireless network, and then began rebooting again...

Any ideas now?
    05-03-10 08:50 PM
    If a fresh OS won't fix the problem it does point to a hardware issue. Hopefully someone else might be able to suggest a fix without having you to get a new phone from Ebay or something.
    05-03-10 09:05 PM
    If a fresh OS won't fix the problem it does point to a hardware issue. Hopefully someone else might be able to suggest a fix without having you to get a new phone from Ebay or something.
    I just got this new phone from my insurance company too, this bites.
    05-03-10 09:26 PM
    The phone should be under warranty if it's new. Check with Verizon for help.
    05-03-10 10:01 PM
    Now im getting App Error: 200

I havent tried enabling the radio yet I just did a fresh reinstall of the official OS and when it was done loading it just white screened with App Error: 200
    05-03-10 10:35 PM
    Got the app error 200 to go away again by reinstalling OS, downloaded this OS from a completely different link...still restarting after trying to turn on my wireless connection thru Manage Connections...this is hopeless
    05-03-10 11:10 PM
    one final bump before the nights up...

Current situation:

Phone keeps restarting over and over

Steps taken so far:

Completely wiped os to 507 error
    Reinstalled official .328
    tried all hybrids I could find

Every time a new OS is installed, the phone is able to start up and functions properly except the radio is turned off, when going to Manage Connections and enabling Mobile Network, the phone restarts itself over and over again

Thanks for any information in advance...

EDIT: I also found that it only starts restarting itself over and over when I try to enable the Mobile Network when 1XEV is chosen as the network, If I chose GSM and selected 2G as the coverage, I get the signal to enable, but its only SOS...immediatly when I switch it back to 1XEV, it restarts over and over a few times then stops back at the homescreen after a few restarts
    Last edited by kdjayo; 05-04-10 at 02:06 AM.
    05-04-10 02:00 AM
    I've been having the same problems. My Storm is about a year old, and I installed a 5.0 leak about 2 weeks ago and it has been down hill from here. I've wiped the phone and install VZW default 5.0, still the problem persist. The only way to stop the reboot is to connect it to my computer or just wait it out. It's beyond annoying, especially when it reboots while i'm on the phone or in class. I'm going to take my storm to VZW Thursday. Will let you know if I find a fix!
    05-04-10 02:15 AM
    Call VZW and get a replacement. Only problem with that is your more than likely to get a refurb as a replacement. Might be what happened here. Your insurance just got you a bad phone. Sucks but it happens. I would just send it back and get another. Might be the easiest way. Of all the probs i encountered when i had my storm i can say that wasnt one of them. Sounds like a bad one, wish i could help more. Or upgrade to a INCREDIBLE since the NEXUS isnt coming to VZW anymore.
    Last edited by strmtrooper; 05-04-10 at 09:34 AM.
    05-04-10 09:30 AM
    I had the same issue when I downloaded the newest leak. But mine never made it as far as to the home screen and I got a different message. From what I can remember from someone that helped me through this, its called "nuke". Im not sure if your situation is the same that happened to me, but check out my thread that I just posted and see if it sounds the same. Then report back and I can try and help.
    05-07-10 05:17 AM
    Try reinstalling the original OS that it came with. If you do, and it still screws up, VZW is the only way to go
    05-10-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD