So my storm is deciding lately to reset itself just out of nowhere. It happens 5 or more times a day! I've looked on many sites for help, but many of them are outdated (pre 5.0 software). Anyone have a clue on what is wrong here?
    05-03-10 06:23 PM
    If the battery is loose, sudden jarring can cause the phone to reset. My S1 battery door was a little loose which cause the battery to have some play room. easy fix is those little paper dots at Office Max. Put a couple on the inside of the battery door to keep it tight.

Might be an OS bug too. Usually the hybrids will take care of issues like that.
    05-03-10 06:26 PM
    If the battery is loose, sudden jarring can cause the phone to reset. My S1 battery door was a little loose which cause the battery to have some play room. easy fix is those little paper dots at Office Max. Put a couple on the inside of the battery door to keep it tight.

Might be an OS bug too. Usually the hybrids will take care of issues like that.
    That's so creepy that you said that because it always happens when I throw my phone down on a hard surface, etc. Where would I put the dot things?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 07:05 PM
    That's so creepy that you said that because it always happens when I throw my phone down on a hard surface, etc. Where would I put the dot things?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Open the battery door and put 1-2 on the inside about even with the middle of the battery. If it still does it, then try another one. there were a few other techniques that were used and you can search the forums for "Storm loose battery" and you should come across the various techniques that others used. I did the dots and didn't have any other issues. I think some put the dots across the top of the battery (on the thin part) to create pressure holding it in the battery slot. Kind of like wedging the battery in.
    05-03-10 07:24 PM
    Thanks! I'll try that.
    05-03-10 07:37 PM
    I got my Storm when it first came out in Nov '08 and a little tip that went around these forums for a while was to put about 2 business cards on top of the battery to give the cover a tight fit. At the time, it helped make clicking the screen more responsive too. I had to trim the business card to the size of the battery, but it definitely helped.
    05-04-10 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD